Emira event in Melbourne

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
3) Seneca is such a difficult colour to photograph!

In person it is a really strong blue, not powder blue at all. The more saturated pictures I posted are more true to life. Many cameras capture Seneca as a baby blue (including the Shanghai Seneca showcar) which is so far from what it looks like. I was really surprised at how bold and striking it looks. Think Porsche Shark blue (VW cornflower blue), but a little bit darker and more classy as its a metallic. It has a lovely light silver fleck in the light - almost as if you get two paints in one. A solid flat strong pigmented colour from afar, and a lovely metallic in the light up close. I was pleasantly surprised. If you want to make a statement and be the centre of attention, then Seneca Blue or Hethel yellow will be the ones to get!
First of all big thanks to @digilotus and @kbhoz - great reporting guys!

Having seen the car on two occasions now I have discovered that any photo taken on my phone can't be trusted to represent the true colour - it always end up looking more baby blue than it really is. However this might interest some people like @DaaS considering Seneca. I dropped by Parks Lotus near the Weege yesterday for a chat and a geek at some cars. They had this lovely Daytona Blue Elise cup 250 in the showroom. Comparing the Seneca sample disc against Daytona it looked almost the same, surprisingly perhaps Seneca just a shade darker, although Seneca has a fine metallic fleck and Daytona is flat so Seneca will pop more in bright light.

eyJrZXkiOiJuZHN0b2NrL2ltYWdlcy9zdG9jay9hOWI5MWY3MGM0ZDI5MWQ2Y2QzMWNiMTgwNjYzYzJiZTMwZmZiYTBiL01YNzBHT1BfYmdyXzA2MjQ0MDg5NzM5Y2JhLmpwZyIsImJ1Y2tldCI6ImF1dG9mcyIsImxhc3RfbW9kaWZpZWQiOiIxNjQ4NjM0NjE4IiwiZWRpdHMiOnsicmVzaXplIjp7IndpZHRoIjoxMjgwLCJoZWlnaHQiOjk2MCwiZml0IjoiY29udGFpbiIsImJhY2tncm91bmQiOnsiciI6MjU1LCJnIjoyNTUsImIiOjI1NSwiYWxwaGEiOjF9fX19

20220513_143100.jpg

Not the best photo as I'm holding the Seneca sample disc so it is concave and the Daytona wing is convex, but but to the naked eye they looked very close indeed, as per the top left and bottom right of the image. So, for anyone wanting to see what Seneca looks like in the wild, I'd say try and find someone local with a Daytona Elise, Exige or Evora and you will get a pretty good idea.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks for the excellent pictures. Did you happen to see the location of the 12v socket?
I believe it’s behind the centre storage compartment. Within it are two usb-c ports. Sorry I don’t have a photo!

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Sorry I should have been clearer, the Exige battery is also in the rear but has +ve and -ve terminal points in the front so you can jump the car from the rear or front. I am not too sure if the Emira has this function. On the Exige you can pop the hood off the outside ie no screws.
Oh that’s very cool!

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I also was torn between leather/alcantara but ended up going full black leather. So no contrast stitching available. I also have not seen a full leather yet. I am not too sure if the speaker covers remain as silver (not black as shown in the configurator). I have black leather in the 2015 Exige and it has worn very well even after 85000Km.

I like the DC wheel especially when the car is moving slowly - quite an unusual effect. Obviously we didn't get to see it at speed.

The Seneca paint was in part daylight - I white balanced each shot but sometimes it can be slightly "off". Matt Windle actually got his phone flashlight on at held it against the paintwork for me and it did pop with a very fine silver particulate. It will glow very nicely on a sunny day.

I was using Canon RP with RF24-105L Lens and RF35 f1.8 - Many are shot in HDR and merged in Lightroom.
I don't think there is a bad colour to be honest but we need to make a choice. I ended going Yellow with no black pack and red callipers to complement the red in the rear lights with privacy glass as shown.

View attachment 5519
The speaker grills are silver in all configurations. The interior images in the configurator are incorrect showing dark grilles which will be part of the base edition and standard audio setup.

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I believe it’s behind the centre storage compartment. Within it are two usb-c ports. Sorry I don’t have a photo!
Okay thanks, so just two USB C ports, not a standard 12 v socket like in most other cars?

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Okay thanks, so just two USB C ports, not a standard 12 v socket like in most other cars?
There is a 12v socket like in most cars, just not within the central storage compartment but behind it.

It is on the back face of the central storage compartment behind a cover that can be unclipped to fit a standard 12v car socket. So you can put for example a small 12v powered car fridge behind the seats (if the seats are forward enough) without needing to route a cable under the lid into the inside of the central storage compartment.

And there are three USB-C ports - two within the central storage compartment (see photo below) and one below the gear selector/shifter in the little storage area. The inside of the centre storage is nicely finished with a rubber base and lined sides so any loose objects or your phone won't be banging around against plastic. On the outside it is finished in black nappa leather with contrast stitching on the lid (depending on spec chosen).

centre-storage-compartment.png

Last edited:

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
There is a 12v socket like in most cars, just not within the central storage compartment but behind it.

It is on the back face of the central storage compartment behind a cover that can be unclipped to fit a standard 12v car socket. So you can put for example a small 12v powered car fridge behind the seats (if the seats are forward enough) without needing to route a cable under the lid into the inside of the central storage compartment.

And there are three USB-C ports - two within the central storage compartment and one below the gear selector/shifter in the little storage area.
@TomE the champagne fridge is closer to an actual reality!

#ForTheTwinCupHolders

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Any more on the seats? Comfort, bolstering, upholstery tightness?

Loving all of the posts so far! Thank you!
The seats were not final as previously stated. Fit and finish of them wasn't 100% perfect, maybe 95%. Upholstery tightness wasn't where it needs to be and there were a few little stitching imperfections I noticed (but I'm really fussy).

This pre-production seat version didn't have things like the back seat three embossed stripes that more recent versions have (as folks have seen in Hethel factory tours more recently).

Sitting in them, they nicely hug on the sides and were not loose or laterally unsupportive as was a common complaint in the show car seats. The base foam was nice and firm with a sporty feel. They are not soft lounge furniture seats. I had no complaints from a comfort, support or seat adjustment perspective. I didn't find them too high or wished they be lower.

The electrical adjustment on the side of the seats worked very well. Motors were smooth and quiet with nicely tactile switch mechanisms.

Last edited:

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
The seats were not final as previously stated. Fit and finish of them wasn't 100% perfect, maybe 95%. Upholstery tightness wasn't where it needs to be and there were a few little stitching imperfections I noticed (but I'm really fussy).

This pre-production seat version didn't have things like the back seat three embossed stripes that more recent versions have (as folks have seen in Hethel factory tours more recently).

Sitting in them, they nicely hug on the sides and were not loose or laterally unsupportive as was a common complaint in the show car seats. The base foam was nice and firm with a sporty feel. They are not soft lounge furniture seats. I had no complaints from a comfort, support or seat adjustment perspective. I didn't find them too high or wished they be lower.

The electrical adjustment on the side of the seats worked very well. Motors were smooth and quiet. with nicely tactile switch mechanisms.
Thanks! Did Matt or another person admit the needed tightening/adjustment? Or is that just your personal opinion?

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks! Did Matt or another person admit the needed tightening/adjustment? Or is that just your personal opinion?
Knowing they are not the final seats I didn't specifically ask Matt or any of the Lotus team. Could be a question for those going to the Sydney event tomorrow!

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Think Porsche Shark blue (VW cornflower blue), but a little bit darker and more classy as its a metallic.
This makes me so happy! I've had baby blue anxiety so bad since I locked in my order. I can't wait to see customer cars once deliveries start!!

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score

Do you happen to know (or did you ask) how Android Auto/Apple Carplay connects? It is wireless on that little pad in front of the shifter or does it connect via USB down below the tunnel or via USB-C in the center console?

If it's down below the tunnel in that little storage area, that will be tough for those opting a manual transmission since that space to store a phone is minimized due to the shift linkage.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Do you happen to know (or did you ask) how Android Auto/Apple Carplay connects? It is wireless on that little pad in front of the shifter or does it connect via USB down below the tunnel or via USB-C in the center console?

If it's down below the tunnel in that little storage area, that will be tough for those opting a manual transmission since that space to store a phone is minimized due to the shift linkage.
Carplay or Android Auto connect via USB-C via a cable within the centre console.

I think it might also work when connected via cable to the USB-C port below the shifter but not 100% on that. You might have seen the lightning to usb-c cable within the central storage compartment in my other post. The local Lotus lads tested it out and apparently it works very well.'

I'm not 100% that it can't do wireless Carplay or Android Auto though, so another one to check with the Lotus folks.

Last edited:

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Carplay or Android Auto connect via USB-C via a cable within the centre console.

I think it might also work when connected via cable to the USB-C port below the shifter but not 100% on that. You might have seen the lightning to usb-c cable within the central storage compartment in my other post. The local Lotus lads tested it out and apparently it works very well.'

I'm not 100% that it can't do wireless Carplay or Android Auto though, so another one to check with the Lotus folks.

Thanks for confirming. I don't need wireless connectivity and I'm glad the connection is in the center console.

FWIW, I noticed the amber marker on the Emira GT4, which will likely be the design that follows through to to US market production Emira (@22s if the video doesn't properly load there).