Emira event in Melbourne

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I know this is off-topic, but just wanted to say thank you to our Australian friends for providing accurate Seneca pictures and details which has helped me finalize my FE spec (due this week). Reference was provided that Seneca is very similar to Porsche’s Shark Blue. So I visited the local cars and coffee today which had GT3 and GT4 in both Voodoo Blue and Shark Blue. Both of these shades are very similar and very appealing to my eyes. Therefore Secena it is for me!! 🚙

OP
M

Mickeymo

Reaction score
I know this is off-topic, but just wanted to say thank you to our Australian friends for providing accurate Seneca pictures and details which has helped me finalize my FE spec (due this week). Reference was provided that Seneca is very similar to Porsche’s Shark Blue. So I visited the local cars and coffee today which had GT3 and GT4 in both Voodoo Blue and Shark Blue. Both of these shades are very similar and very appealing to my eyes. Therefore Secena it is for me!! 🚙
I went to porsche show room and saw the porsche shark blue on a gt3 on the same day as i saw the emira.. And I'd say it's very similar, but the seneca pops even more.

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Amazing! Thank you to all who have posted photographs and their thoughts and feedback on the Emira since the viewing I attended is a distant memory, so it was refreshing to hear the much of the quirks are bring worked on and will hopefully be resolved when the final production cars are released.

The subtle details related to little known facts are very much appreciated. (y)

My choices were Hethel Yellow and Seneca Blue, I have seen one but not the other. but having seen other 'Lotus yellows', and my preference for yellow made the colour choice one of the easiest decisions. The wheels and suspension choice were another matter, but think those decisions have now been made. Now if I can only see a production-spec Emira in the same spec as I have settled, that will be perfect...wishful thinking I know. :whistle:

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Edit for those of us who prefer the lower black pack. :)

On a side note, what a gorgeous shot. 😍 Thanks @kbhoz!

lotus-emira-melbourne-lbp.jpg

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Looking forward to seeing your pics and hearing what info you manage to get from Matt and the gang. Fingers crossed it is isn’t the blue or grey show cars.
Has anyone thought to ask Lotus management what is being done to appreciable improve customer communications, and when?
Everything stems from this.

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
One thing someone on a Facebook forum pointed out -- it doesn't look like there's any way to open the front bonnet (for us mere mortals at least). @digilotus, can you confirm? It's going to be a bugger to try and clean those leaf catchers otherwise...

1C55403F-0635-4ADC-8450-36982EC1CD35.jpeg

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
One thing someone on a Facebook forum pointed out -- it doesn't look like there's any way to open the front bonnet (for us mere mortals at least). @digilotus, can you confirm? It's going to be a bugger to try and clean those leaf catchers otherwise...

View attachment 5816

It's a hinged hood.. Can't be that difficult to open! If there isn't a cable lever inside the car, theres likely a lever in that cowl somewhere that (hopefully) only opens when the car is unlocked (like some modern fuel cap doors).

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I heard it's hinged at the bottom, but bolted at the top. It's not meant to be opened unless you need to access the radiators, oil coolers, etc.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

View attachment 5816
From what I understand there are three bolts holding it down. I think they’re accessed by those holes you see in the photo, between the shark gills and just under the bonnet lip.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
From what I understand there are three bolts holding it down. I think they’re accessed by those holes you see in the photo, between the shark gills and just under the bonnet lip.
Well that makes checking brake fluid a pita!