Emira event in Melbourne

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Headlights

The latest revision of the Emira headlights are just beautiful!

The detail within the lenses including little honeycomb patterns in a metallic dark grey finish, raised embossed bright chrome EMIRA logo, dark chrome light surrounds and finely engraved daytime running lights that look like they are laser cut out of crystal make them look absolutely stunning!

Matt confirmed that there are no differences in the headlight design between cars with a black pack and those without.

Look and drool. :love: In real life they look 10x better than than what this photo can convey.

View attachment 5459
These are so good looking, I want to find a high-quality clear film I can put over them so they don't get pitted from bits of sand while driving behind traffic.

DPB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
@digilotus - thanks you so much for all of the amazing detail you are providing. This is more information than I think we will even get from a full-on review from the magazine/video crowd. Your detailed photos and commentary is a welcome source of excitement for those of us that have been relying on spy shots and scant real detail. I'm loving seeing the alcantara w/ yellow stich interior. That is my first choice and it's nice to see the details. Thanks again for keeping us going!

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
@digilotus - thanks you so much for all of the amazing detail you are providing. This is more information than I think we will even get from a full-on review from the magazine/video crowd. Your detailed photos and commentary is a welcome source of excitement for those of us that have been relying on spy shots and scant real detail. I'm loving seeing the alcantara w/ yellow stich interior. That is my first choice and it's nice to see the details. Thanks again for keeping us going!
Yeah, some actual proper detail at last! Well done the OZ forum team!

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Sneaky little switch when you open the glovebox

I noticed on some photos shared over the past few months that there's a little button or switch of some kind when you open the glovebox which intrigued me. I thought at first it might be a bonnet opener but wasn't sure.

It is well hidden and I haven't seen anyone take any photos of it as yet - so here goes for all you folks to see.

It looks like there's an option to disable the passenger front and side (seat) airbags if you install a child safety seat (which actually makes sense). Though who would ever install a child seat in an Emira is beyond me...! Must be a regulatory thing.

View attachment 5481

My son will be of age to ride in the front, but I have tempted to disable to front airbag in my Elise to let him ride up there. Legal age in the states is 7 or a certain weight I believe. But you better believe I would strap a carseat in there if he was younger.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
You’re very welcome. It’s comments like yours that provide me with inspiration to share with you all. What an awesome forum this is!

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I know what you mean but it looked good to me in person. With the door closed, it fits nicely into the overall dash layout. I guess it also gives the KEF speakers more breathing room to sound better as they are quite deep units with a large magnet and driver mechanism.

That what I was thinking and trying to find an interior photo with the door closed (I couldn't)

Autopsy

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Yachtie

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’ll share one with you after I’ve had some rest! (Currently 2am here - got carried away posting stuff for you guys!) 😀
Thanks for the great pictures and comments it's all looking good! That car is as my spec apart from the fact that I'm not having the upper black pack. Really exited now!. Assuming no more delays, August is going to be FAB!!! :)

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks for the excellent pictures. Did you happen to see the location of the 12v socket?

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That what I was thinking and trying to find an interior photo with the door closed (I couldn't)
Here's one I found from another car taken earlier in the year (The Goodwood / UK tour show car IIRC)....
EABB7CCF-3A00-4C7D-B18B-5E3329E9FF19.thumb.jpeg.6d2f22a51b189c6db4a286299990dd91.jpeg

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Brilliant work from @digilotus and @kbhoz - EmiraForum's Australian correspondents :)

Great pictures of some of the design details and useful confirmation of several things, like the ambient lighting, exposed shifter and key (really glad they didn't go for that Lynk & Co one).

Also excellent that Lotus finally took a newer car to a roadshow so we can see the latest (nearly final) iteration of the design and materials. It all looks really good.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
As many others have said the Emira looks much better when viewed in person. Sounded great and the quality was top notch (its not a production model).
View attachment 5478

My only concern from this and the other pictures is the black seal used for the bonnet shutline. On some of the pictures from the dealer conference at Hethel, this seemed to accentuate the gap between bumper and bonnet. Your close-up picture shows it very clearly. I'd have thought a concealed seal and narrower shutline would have worked better, or a coloured seal.

bonnet shutline seal.jpg

Last edited:

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Brilliant work from @digilotus and @kbhoz - EmiraForum's Australian correspondents :)

Great pictures of some of the design details and useful confirmation of several things, like the ambient lighting, exposed shifter and key (really glad they didn't go for that Lynk & Co one).

Also excellent that Lotus finally took a newer car to a roadshow so we can see the latest (nearly final) iteration of the design and materials. It all looks really good.
I couldn't agree more! Thank you both!!

Super excited about these new details!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Overall road presence

Oh my gosh this car is so wide and mean looking! With the mirrors not folded in, it is almost 2.1m edge to edge. Yes, that makes it wider than a Porsche 911 and wider than some Range Rovers. So keep that in mind if you're planning to use it as a daily on narrow roads.

Having the headlights pushed out to near the edges of the car just increases the impression of it being wide but in a really good way. The front nose tapers down quickly and goes really low. They would have had to do some serious redesign of the styling to fit a storage area in the front! One drawback is that the front bonnet of the car (apart from the wheel haunches and top edge) is not visible from the inside so the front parking sensors will be really critical. I'd love a front camera one day!

It's an absolute animal in terms its visual presence and makes any cayman look so ordinary. I note that the picture below is with the mirrors folded in!

Oh and speaking of side mirrors, the field of view with the mirrors outwards is excellent. You get to see the side air intakes, rear haunches and have a really great view to the back and sides. Excellent mirror design and the placement is perfect.

The Lotus approach to suspension means the wishbones, springs and dampers take up a lot more inboard space than the suspension on a Cayman, so you don't get room for a frunk. I know people coming across from Porsche and other marques may see that as a downside.

It's also true of the Elise, Exige and Evora that you can't see the nose of the car from the drivers seat, just the "Becker points" over the wheels. It does give you a very engaging driving position, as you have a sense of the road being right there in front of you rather than at the end of an expanse of bonnet. To me this is a plus point rather than a drawback and part of what makes a Lotus "for the drivers".