Emira event in Melbourne

OP
M

Mickeymo

Reaction score
That looks much better. Do you know if that was sports or touring suspension?

Spoke to Matt, he wasn't sure which set up it was. He said the set up isn't finalised anyway. But gave his opinion which was the gap in the pic was a bit too high

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Wow!

Screenshot_20220513-153949.png

BSC

Reaction score
Can someone please sit in the show car and report back whether someone who is 169cm can easily reach the pedals/clutch for manual spec :LOL::ROFLMAO:
Today’s car is pre-production model. I think you will be fine, I have tested maximum range of the front seat forward and it keeps going . I’m about 175cm and there is still tons of adjustability. Somehow the seat setting seems a wee bit high

danmessy

Reaction score
Today’s car is pre-production model. I think you will be fine, I have tested maximum range of the front seat forward and it keeps going . I’m about 175cm and there is still tons of adjustability. Somehow the seat setting seems a wee bit high
Thank you! Gives me more confidence i'll be able to more than just look at my car :)

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Anyone else just getting more disappointed by the day with the occasional but frequent subtle differences to what we were sold in the beginning ...?
Perhaps I am too trusting but I believe there is a design and engineering team there working very hard to give us the best version of the Emira they can. The inconsistencies are down to pre-prod cars and display models being used for events and it's possible non-availability of prod spec parts may be exacerbating things too.

While there was a written spec (albeit with caveats) and ADAS not being on the FE is a deviation from that, many of the changes are down to further development or the difference between display models made ahead of final spec and customer spec. So in terms of look & feel there was no absolutely definitive version when most of us put our deposits down. (seats being an example)

The first two cars we all saw comprised one sitting lower and one sitting higher than prod spec, so we knew it was not final. I would say photos of the latest pre-prod cars sitting in front of the Portacabin at the test track are the best current gauge of production spec ride height.

Is the inability to see and drive production spec cars ahead of locking down spec a frustration - absolutely! Is the lack of some decent photos frustrating - absolutely! Bear in mind though if Lotus published photos, which will look different on everyone's screen and someone was then unhappy if the actual colour was not the same as the photo they'd be in a world of pain, so any photos released would need to come with a clear "health warning" about screen vs reality.

Lotus have too much riding on this to under-deliver on the product - the negative press would hurt Eletre and every subsequent model. Russell Carr and the whole design team have so much mental and emotional investment in this they are not going to let themselves or us down.

Feel free to post pictures wearing your "I told you so" t-shirt in a few months time if I've got that wrong, it's only my view and as we all know plenty of others are available! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I respect your view. My view is that they should release pictures of FE painted cars outside. There really is no excuse. I’m personally tired of hearing that it might look different on some peoples devices. Other car companies release pictures with no issue. It is a epically terrible decision being made by someone at Lotus. Stop the excuses!

jamesbxxx

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I respect your view. My view is that they should release pictures of FE painted cars outside. There really is no excuse. I’m personally tired of hearing that it might look different on some peoples devices. Other car companies release pictures with no issue. It is a epically terrible decision being made by someone at Lotus. Stop the excuses!
Agreed. Instead they rely on "random" photos that they can distance themselves from.

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Likewise respect yours and maybe getting some photos out there is the way to go - Lotus's problem is this has become such a hot topic (has a car's colours ever had such scrutiny?!) that they may need to put some kind of advisory out re the colours.