Cars and Coffee events in So Cal

Got rained out last weekend but the forecast looks good for this weekend. I'm going to head up to Westlake on Saturday for County Line C&C. Its every 2nd Saturday and I hear they get a nice turnout.

140 Promenade Way, Westlake Village, California 91362

Everything I read says it starts at 8am.
 
I went to Supercar Sunday in Woodland Hills this week and while I was the only Emira I managed to attract 3 Elises. Great group of guys. A few of us are going to hit up the Porsche Santa Clarita C&C This upcoming Saturday the 7th. Its from 9-11am at 23645 Creekside Rd. Santa Clarita, CA 91355.
 
Not a cars and coffee event but I brought my Emira to an invitation only pre-Monterey car week event for super cars and hyper cars hosted by by PFS in Santa Ana where I had my PPF done. The Emira was definitely among the lowest priced cars there (if not THE lowest) with many Ferraris, Lamborghinis, several Paganis, Bugattis, Konigseggs, and some even rarer cars (Pininfarina, Ruf and Dakar Porsches). Many/most of these cars headed to Monterey this week. Even saw Schmee there with his Aston Vantage GT8. Here’s me in good company between a Carrera GT and a Ferrari.
1754876111713.webp
1754876386628.webp
View attachment 68974View attachment 68972
 
Not a cars and coffee event but I brought my Emira to an invitation only pre-Monterey car week event for super cars and hyper cars hosted by by PFS in Santa Ana where I had my PPF done. The Emira was definitely among the lowest priced cars there (if not THE lowest) with many Ferraris, Lamborghinis, several Paganis, Bugattis, Konigseggs, and some even rarer cars (Pininfarina, Ruf and Dakar Porsches). Many/most of these cars headed to Monterey this week. Even saw Schmee there with his Aston Vantage GT8. Here’s me in good company between a Carrera GT and a Ferrari. View attachment 68973View attachment 68976View attachment 68974View attachment 68972
more pics!
 
more pics!
As this is an Emira forum and I was the only Emira there, I probably shouldn’t flood this forum with the 100 or so pics I took (just posted 80 to my FB), but I did catch one other Lotus there, this nice little Elise.
1754878470443.webp
1754878483428.webp
1754878500771.webp
 
I saw your seneca blue all over the Pre-Monterey week YT car enthusiasts channels yesterday. You held your own IMHO although some of those rides are unimaginable to see in person I bet.

Schmee certainly making the rounds last week. In Death Valley one day followed by OC the next.
 
I've signed up for this drive with the San Diego Lotus Club next Sunday. Early morning wakeup for me to get down there for 6:45am but looks like it will be fun. Who's with me?! :)
1755584691691.webp

Annual Backroads and Beaches Drive
Join us Sunday August 24th for a backroad drive via De Luz and Ortega Hwy to Aliso Beach in Orange County. Bring your sunscreen, a beach towel, and an appetite - the oceanfront Lost Pier Cafe rivals the joy of driving your Lotus there.
Please RSVP to me if you plan to join
Dan Gibson <gibsonjdg@gmail.com>

Departure time: 7am (please arrive by 6:45 for a drivers meeting prior to departure)
Meet: BJ's Parking lot at the North County Mall in Escondido
 
I've signed up for this drive with the San Diego Lotus Club next Sunday. Early morning wakeup for me to get down there for 6:45am but looks like it will be fun. Who's with me?! :)View attachment 69355
Annual Backroads and Beaches Drive
Join us Sunday August 24th for a backroad drive via De Luz and Ortega Hwy to Aliso Beach in Orange County. Bring your sunscreen, a beach towel, and an appetite - the oceanfront Lost Pier Cafe rivals the joy of driving your Lotus there.
Please RSVP to me if you plan to join
Dan Gibson <gibsonjdg@gmail.com>

Departure time: 7am (please arrive by 6:45 for a drivers meeting prior to departure)
Meet: BJ's Parking lot at the North County Mall in Escondido
This is our sister club in SD. I would have likely joined, but I'm actually in SD for the weekend for a dodgers game and other shenanigans. Dan and team always put on a good show. You'll have a blast for sure.

BTW, for anyone interested, LCOSC (Lotus Club of So Cal) also has a drive and track days coming up. See: https://www.instagram.com/lotusclub_socal/
 
This is our sister club in SD. I would have likely joined, but I'm actually in SD for the weekend for a dodgers game and other shenanigans. Dan and team always put on a good show. You'll have a blast for sure.

BTW, for anyone interested, LCOSC (Lotus Club of So Cal) also has a drive and track days coming up. See: https://www.instagram.com/lotusclub_socal/
I didn’t see any drives listed for LCOSC, just track days (did I miss something?) which is one reason I’m making the hike to SD. Also because I’m in OC and hate driving into (and through) LA to get to the nice bits.
 
I didn’t see any drives listed for LCOSC, just track days (did I miss something?) which is one reason I’m making the hike to SD. Also because I’m in OC and hate driving into (and through) LA to get to the nice bits.
It's there, it's even pinned.
 
It's there, it's even pinned.
I saw it on your instagram, but if someone googles for the club or events and goes to the website it’s not there, which is probably what the previous poster is referring to.
 
I saw it on your instagram, but if someone googles for the club or events and goes to the website it’s not there, which is probably what the previous poster is referring to.
Yep, bingo, not on the website. Also, most if not all gatherings of the Lotus Club of So Cal are north of LA, (and now after checking Instagram I see this is the case with this upcoming drive), whereas my preference is to stick to OC and parts south. Too bad no chapter devoted to Orange County. So I’ll probably wind up doing more events with the San Diego chapter. Including this one (although not strictly a club event)
1755658416778.webp
 
Picking back up on this thread as I’m considering (again) going to the Golden Cove British Car and Coffee this Sunday in Palos Verdes. It’s monthly, on the third Sunday of the month. 9am (says 8am in the image below I know but most sources I’ve seen ok say 9) so doesn’t require such an early start for me coming from Irvine. Have never been so thought I’d check it out for something a bit different. Has anyone here been to this one? Impressions if so? Anyone care to join me?
1770788635032.webp
 
A couple of Lotus-specific pics from the british cars and coffee in Palos Verdes on the 15th. I had the only Emira, but there was a couple of nice Elans and one Esprit, (which I sat in and liked for the much lower slung driving position. Alas forgot to take pics of the Esprit). Interesting size comparison between my car and the red Elan that parked next to me (much more compact than even the Elise).
1772061548044.webp
1772061565353.webp
1772061585671.webp
1772061600430.webp
1772061618882.webp


An even more dramatic comparison to a Range Rover which I bumped into on the web.
1772061642140.webp


On the way home I spotted a rarity that I don't even see at car shows anymore, a Tesla roadster on a car carrier, looked to be in pristine shape. I wonder about the state of charge of those thousands of laptop battery cells.
1772061655443.webp
 
Been awfully quiet on this thread lately. Getting kind of restless after my 3 day jaunt with San Diego Lotus Club up to Angeles Crest and then Ojai and points north back in April. Getting kind of restless for another interesting event. Been pretty hot lately so not really relishing the idea of roasting in the parking lot in San Clemente at the South OC cars and coffee but I have thought about it. Alas, I thought about this one too late- Brits at Golden Cove in Palos Verdes as it's third Sunday of the month (duh, like today). Smaller show but some nice older cars and nice people. So what's everyone been up to? Anything interesting coming up?
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top