Emira and Quick Jack

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
You can turn the frames perpendicular to the car and lift it that way. I've done it before with my 5000TL. Just be aware that the car will move laterally a few inches as it rises instead of fore/aft. Also the Emira has ~700lbs more weight on the rear axle than the front, which isn't necessarily dangerous given the total weight is still well below what the frames can handle, but still something to be mindful of.

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I need to find if the 7000 works. Can anyone provide an answer there?

scc.131.fe

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just to make sure we get quality info, I believe they have made a 7000, 7000SLX, 7000TL and 7000TLX, so if anyone verifies anything please be as specific as possible.

silent cilantro

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So will the 7000tl work?

They have specs on their website. Those along with Aero’s measurements should be able to tell you whether the 7000 series will work for your intended use or not.

IMG_3264.jpeg

IMG_3267.jpeg

IMG_3268.png

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
So it looks like angling them in should work for the TL. Thanks.
Just keep in mind angling them if angled inwards towards the direction of the quickjack movement will tighten both points of contact, and the opposite of angled away. I’m not sure how much the quickjacks move forward or backward but you’re creating a shifting contact point if you keep the quickjacks anything but parallel.

Using a little bit of mafs — if the quickjacks have a radial movement of about 14" forward at the second quickjack lock height you’re looking at the mounting points narrowing 2.44" or conversely expanding 2.44" depending on their direction when lifting the Emira under the intended jack points. That doesn’t seem ideal.

Last edited:

tvs_1320

Reaction score
Just keep in mind angling them if angled inwards towards the direction of the quickjack movement will tighten both points of contact, and the opposite of angled away. I’m not sure how much the quickjacks move forward or backward but you’re creating a shifting contact point if you keep the quickjacks anything but parallel.
Yeah, if the contact points don't move you put a lot of side/twisting load into the quickjack. The QJ manual specifically says to make sure that the two lifts are parallel to each other.

The pockets you put the lift block into are only 5" wide, so you could make up at most 10" going from inside front to outside rear, but even then the 66" extreme edge of the lift blocks for the TLX QJ looks to be 2" short of the center of the marked lift points if you try to use it longitudinally.
QJ_Rails.png
The longer TLX is a little too long for the front if you want to use it transverse. See below -- these are just pixel scaled in an image editor, so they could be a little off.
QJ_Rails2.png

Last edited:

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I believe @GRP has said on the Evora you could use QJ along the frame rails and it was fine, and he believes the same is true for the Emira.
I was just hoping to find one I could use for the SUV which is a lot heavier, as well as the Emira. @kitkat I should have thought of that. If they're not parallel they won't lift correctly. Back to the drawing board.

silent cilantro

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Not yet, car is getting PPF. It should be back by Tuesday so I’ll try then. I also have a 5000 and the frame extensions.

OP
MIGZ

MIGZ

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Last weekend didn’t get a chance to mess with the car will try this weekend

Anyone lift the Emira yet with quick jacks

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Well, back to the drawing board. I want to be able to change my wheels myself, which I can do with a floor jack on the Emira, but not for the SUV.

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Different lengths. The front jack points are between the tires, so it's an open question.
I was thinking that pictured sideways it's lifting via the frame rails, not the forward jack points.

sirringo

Reaction score
Different lengths. The front jack points are between the tires, so it's an open question.
The 5000 and the 7000 are effectively the same dimensions, and support identical jacking point distances. It’s the TLX vs. the TL that changes the jacking point distance.