Emira and Quick Jack

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
No center jacking point like the Elise? Ill have to figure something out.

forest

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
No center jacking point like the Elise? Ill have to figure something out.
The service manual instructs you to use the jack-up point on the rear side.
This will allow you to lift the front and rear tires on one side.
1692773902825.png

JP__FOX

Reaction score
The main issue for scissor lifts is how far inboard the front jacking points are. I've got the type with arms and could change the bolt on arm location to suit but now the ramp won't fit one of my other cars without changing back, which is a bit of a faff...

A friend of mine is a detailer and has a couple of different sizes of scissor lift with the platform at each site, although worth noting I would never lift the emira without the lifting block. The trouble with those is that the wide one was easy to drive on but the gap in the middle was too big and the jacking points were over the gap. The narrow one was difficult to drive on straight without someone else guiding as the tyres were overhanging both sides at the same time and you had to be cm perfect or the lifting blocks would be too far over the inner gap and.

It's a difficult balance and I'm sticking with my scissor lift with arms for now but I do need to run boards either side so the car clears the ramp. I'll be shopping around to see if I can find a platform type scissor lift with wide platforms and a narrow gap in the middle if anyone sees something! 😁

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
For those interested, Quickjack is having a Labor Day sale (Sept. 1-8) for their Quickjack lifts. I ordered the 5000TLX because I want to also use it for my Alfa and Honda CR-V. The 5000TLX can lift up to 5,000 pounds, and has a lifting spread of 66 inches. My Alfa lift points are 61 inches so the cheaper 3500 wouldn't work because it's maximum lift spread is 60 inches. I don't know what the lift spread is for the Emira, but I doubt it would be more than my Alfa which is a 4 door sports sedan. The 5000TLX lifts to 24 inches which should be plenty of room to do oil changes and such for the Emira.

www.quickjack.com
Use the discount code LABORDAY to get $300 off.

Last edited:

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
For those interested, Quickjack is having a Labor Day sale (Sept. 1-8) for their Quickjack lifts. I ordered the 5000TLX because I want to also use it for my Alfa and Honda CR-V. The 5000TLX can lift up to 5,000 pounds, and has a lifting spread of 66 inches. My Alfa lift points are 61 inches so the cheaper 3500 wouldn't work because it's maximum lift spread is 60 inches. I don't know what the lift spread is for the Emira, but I doubt it would be more than my Alfa which is a 4 door sports sedan. The 5000TLX lifts to 24 inches which should be plenty of room to do oil changes and such for the Emira.

www.quickjack.com
Use the discount code LABORDAY to get $300 off.
Is this something you would feel comfortable leaving jacked up overnight? I like the idea of this for maintenance, prep, and cleaning.

KAR120C

Get off my lawn!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Is this something you would feel comfortable leaving jacked up overnight? I like the idea of this for maintenance, prep, and cleaning.
Absolutely, I've kept cars up on mine overnight when I had a project and didn't finish until the next day. The jack is mechanically locked in place and does not rely on the hydraulics to stay raised. I've always tossed a couple of jack stands underneath when I'm under it "just in case", but there have never been any problems.

Last edited:

scc.131.fe

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Absolutely, I've kept cars up on mine overnight when I had a project and didn't finish until the next day. The jack is mechanically locked in place and does not rely on the hydraulics to stay raised. I've always tossed a couple of jack stands underneath when I'm under it "just in case", but there have never been any problems.
I currently have an E39 540i that has been on my quickjacks for at least 3 months (while I slow-roll a cooling system upgrade). 100% confident in the design, and when I'm really wrenching on something underneath I'll will also put some shoring (wood or other jacks) just below subframes for that extra feel-good factor.
20230305_153203.jpg

forest

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The distance between the front and rear jack-up points of the Emira is about 1900mm.
Perhaps the 5000TLX is not long enough.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The distance between the front and rear jack-up points of the Emira is about 1900mm.
Perhaps the 5000TLX is not long enough.
You wouldn’t want to use them this way anyways, they’re offset.

forest

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
You wouldn’t want to use them this way anyways, they’re offset.
The quick jack has a crossmember adapter option, but it's not long enough, which means I can't use it.

Still, I don't know how to use the rigid jack.

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The quick jack has a crossmember adapter option, but it's not long enough, which means I can't use it.

Still, I don't know how to use the rigid jack.
can i respectfully suggest you skip back a page and see my emira up on quick Jacks.
your questions may all have been previously answered (y)
I'm not endorsing or recommending this method just showing how I use them on 3 of my cars (Loti's)
If you want any other info please ask - happy to help

Last edited:

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Used it on Esprit Exige and now Emira but only transversely.

The staggered arrangement of the jacking points make their use a tad challenging until you 'find a way'.

See the use of a small length of timber and a hockey puck on the NSF jacking point.....

View attachment 30607
Is this the 5000 under your Emira?

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
This highlights the source of my question... I totally get that Lotus has specified the point loading locations where the car should be lifted using a point-support jacking system like a 2 post lift.

BUT... is it an exclusive/explicit requirement? Is it ok to lift the car "flat" as long as those specified locations are fully supported?

See here: Seems like a platform jack like a QuickJack or one of the full size BendPak split platform scissor lifts would be able to engage the entire bottom of the car along the frame rails, if someone wanted. Talking about lifting by the full length of the angled sections of the center chassis, like so:

View attachment 30679

Using something like this:

They come with lifting blocks as well (see below), though it would be a touch more challenging with the odd inboard spacing on the Emira because I think it's right at the limit of where a platform would extend to if installed "standard". That's why I'm asking about a full-frame-support approach.

We recently had a discussion with Greg (GRP) on the Lotus Discord about how he uses his Quickjacks on the Evora and he uses them along the frame rails safely and not just on the designated lift points. If this is fine, this opens up plenty of options for using the shorter Quickjacks along the sides of the parallel framerails.

scc.131.fe

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
We recently had a discussion with Greg (GRP) on the Lotus Discord about how he uses his Quickjacks on the Evora and he uses them along the frame rails safely and not just on the designated lift points. If this is fine, this opens up plenty of options for using the shorter Quickjacks along the sides of the parallel framerails.
I've been thinking about this a lot too. Especially since you can make up custom rubber pads, as big as you like, to spread the load along the rails. I have the larger 7000TLX and don't know if anyone has confirmed that it will fit between the wheels and body sills. I should be able to test in 4-6-20 weeks (CARB depending).

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I've been thinking about this a lot too. Especially since you can make up custom rubber pads, as big as you like, to spread the load along the rails. I have the larger 7000TLX and don't know if anyone has confirmed that it will fit between the wheels and body sills. I should be able to test in 4-6-20 weeks (CARB depending).
Yeah I'd imagine the 700TLX would hit the wheels -- will wait till Greg tests on the Emira with the shorter 5000 series and I'll snap one of those up with extensions for cars with longer jackpoint distances.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yeah I'd imagine the 700TLX would hit the wheels -- will wait till Greg tests on the Emira with the shorter 5000 series and I'll snap one of those up with extensions for cars with longer jackpoint distances.
I'm considering doing a mid-rise lift but it has essentially the same kind of constraints and scenarios.