Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
ohhhh I thought you had it ages ago as you were told your car was being built 2 weeks ago no>?

nothing more for me yet after my email..I expect some news next week, but who knows.... I guestimate delivery for 19 21st december....... its good to put a number on things.
Well yes, as I was told my car rolled off the line Thursday last week, then only got The Email today. I did ask for it week after next, as week off work.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Well yes, as I was told my car rolled off the line Thursday last week, then only got The Email today. I did ask for it week after next, as week off work.
ok so well if you got the email today, checkout... selecting options etc... this IN THEORY means you still have a few weeks before they give you delivery dates I am afraid, unless you are a big exception, which could happen. I got my checkout email on Monday and nothing since and someone said the transport company are running around 30 days!!...
fingers crossed they come down, but over xmas...... hmmmm

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
ok so well if you got the email today, checkout... selecting options etc... this IN THEORY means you still have a few weeks before they give you delivery dates I am afraid, unless you are a big exception, which could happen. I got my checkout email on Monday and nothing since and someone said the transport company are running around 30 days!!...
@emiraspain but are you trying to sell her or do you plan on keeping her ….

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Yes, I thought that, but they did assure me of December delivery. Not sure how though, as Lotus have 2 weeks off for Christmas.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
@emiraspain but are you trying to sell her or do you plan on keeping her ….
I dont know..... :).
I will need to sell the UK car to be able to afford to buy the spanish car..... so unless I decide to keep the UK car and use the Uk car in Spain as its cheaper than the spanish car and in that case, dont buy the spanish car, as it will be harder to sell in the end anyway, then you are now as confused as I am :).
To be honest, I would like 24 hours with an Emira...... a real test drive and a real going over... you know, this is like a marriage, and you don't decide that in a few mins.
So, I could also take delivery of the UK car, and keep her for a few days to see if I want to keep her, or the spanish car long term, BUT to decide this based on UK weather....... also not the best option.
So, to answer your question again, I dont know.
Its not a great car, or rather its not a WOW car over all, but there is NOT a WOW car out there overall at the moment, not for my money, not with a roof on it at least....

time for sleep..... driving an evora tomorrow...... out of curiosity and to tell @Leonard how good it is... if he is still around.

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Same as any car forum. Fan boys, haters and realists.
I've always been in the latter camp no matter the car model. Always looking for the positives but not afraid to mention the shortcomings.
I'm out of this forum for now, even if im not quite finished with the car/brand quite yet.
It's been entertaining, I've learnt a lot and I wish everyone the best.
I have enough drama in my life at present tho without adding Lotus drama into the mix.
As @emiraspain would say adios

And people like me opted to say adios to the forum for all negativity and drama coming from people like you Leonard & friends

One example of this negativity is on “ The great big "all the customer test drives" thread” , where people coming with fantastic reviews are asked if they really like the car and why , like questioning their own opinions 🤣🤣, kind of annoying and funny at same time

So much drama here , so much drama

Mctaff

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
And people like me opted to say adios to the forum for all negativity and drama coming from people like you Leonard & friends

One example of this negativity is on “ The great big "all the customer test drives" thread” , where people coming with fantastic reviews are asked if they really like the car and why , like questioning their own opinions 🤣🤣, kind of annoying and funny at same time

So much drama here , so much drama

Coming to a forum and then complaining that people on the forum are expressing opinions you disagree with feels somewhat surreal… aren’t forums about engaging with peoples opinions rather than putting them down for having opinions?

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
But you are “being that guy”. Quite a lot. You seem to be assuming the doomsday scenario each time. I know I’ve been critical of Lotus but you seem to be latching on to every crumb of info and assuming the worst each time.

At some point you have to either drop out of the running or accept the hand you’re being dealt. You’ve had a test drive. I’m still in the running until I have mine.
Ive assumed the worst each time and every time without fail i've been right.

Just saying.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I was going to keep this to myself but i'm going to share it anyway.....

A month a go I got told my car had been put back to April Build May delivery when I thought my car was being delivered in November (Yes a 6 months delay V6 Auto)

It get's better bare with me, then 2 weeks later I get a call to say my car was being built in Jan and delivered in Feb, brilliant the car is coming earlier than a thought, wait for it.......

Then they read out my email for me to confirm it was me and guess what, they had got me mixed up with someone else with a manual car, loooooool

So yes my car is still coming in May if I decide to take it that is.

Honestly you really couldn't write it.

Mctaff

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
There’s enough shit in this world without people who all want the emira to succeed attacking each other because of different outlooks on life and the buying process

I for one don’t want to live in an echo chamber of over exuberance.

Live and let live

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
ohhhh I thought you had it ages ago as you were told your car was being built 2 weeks ago no>?

nothing more for me yet after my email..I expect some news next week, but who knows.... I guestimate delivery for 19 21st december....... its good to put a number on things.
Yes, at this pace in the Lotus preceedings with my order, i might just get my car in time for the Lotus 80th celebrations.

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
my mate just had a video sent by his local Porsche dealership of his new Macan GTS.

Its looking a bit of a shit tip in low light in the valet bay outside. Sales guy was so keen to show them it really had arrived after a long wait.

BUT

They can't go get it yet as its waiting for a bose amplifier to come from the factory.... Part built cars waiting for parts at the stealer now.... and its a Porsche...whatever next!!!!

New to Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
My local dealer said they have several cars sat waiting for bose amps. But they have communicated that to their customers????

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
For that thread I am adopting a strong level of moderation, as I've said a couple of times in the thread. It's there for people to post their direct experience of driving the car, not for debate about features, capability or competitor cars. Clarification questions are fine.

This week my work commitments have meant I've only been reviewing and moderating late at night, so some posts may have stood for longer than usual.

spice

Reaction score
my mate just had a video sent by his local Porsche dealership of his new Macan GTS.

Its looking a bit of a shit tip in low light in the valet bay outside. Sales guy was so keen to show them it really had arrived after a long wait.

BUT

They can't go get it yet as its waiting for a bose amplifier to come from the factory.... Part built cars waiting for parts at the stealer now.... and its a Porsche...whatever next!!!!
I’ve had a new Macan S sitting at dealers for two months waiting for a Bose amp , still no update , I may even get the Emira first 🫣