Anyone received their 30 day notification yet?

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
You can put your trust in Leonard to say the unsayable

Looks like I’m still on for 22 build but don’t think I want the car anymore after the test drive

A bit sad after all the waiting
🙁
Where was it lacking for you ? I felt annoyed after waiting all this time and just thought wasn’t worth it and now I’m in for another wait for a BMW build slot as no cars available in the colour and spec I want
But I actually feel relieved that I’m not getting the car as I know if would be off road with some issue - the guy that picked his up just the other is already waiting for something for circa 10 days

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It kind of supports the chaotic unfinished cars waiting for parts argument...
Or the “early depositors cars pre-built and hit type approval problems” scenario. We’ll probably never know.

I’m aware of a cluster of people who got checkout emails yesterday and today, about a month early. Interesting to see what they might have in common.

Mctaff

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Where was it lacking for you ? I felt annoyed after waiting all this time and just thought wasn’t worth it and now I’m in for another wait for a BMW build slot as no cars available in the colour and spec I want
But I actually feel relieved that I’m not getting the car as I know if would be off road with some issue - the guy that picked his up just the other is already waiting for something for circa 10 days

firstly the test drive just didn't let me try out the capability of the car....

but I was a bit underwhelmed by the interior, the driving position didn't feel quite right, the whiny supercharger made me feel a bit sick (or something did I guess it was the noise), and I found the steering had a bit too much feedback.

I just didn't gel with the package at all sadly... I've never really had a car like this except on track before - my recent cars being a Z4M coupe, an E92 M3 and the 4.7l V8 Vantage - so perhaps I was being silly in the first place thinking it would work for me.. but I fell in love with the looks and the talk of the sublime Lotus drive.

I guess its typical that a brand new model car with have teething issues with the first 100 or so... just hope their problems get sorted quickly and Lotus fix for the rest of deliveries.

I think there are long waits still for most cars - how long for the Beemer? I'll probably go second hand Vantage.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Sorry 😞
Don't want to be that guy, but it is what it is no...?
But you are “being that guy”. Quite a lot. You seem to be assuming the doomsday scenario each time. I know I’ve been critical of Lotus but you seem to be latching on to every crumb of info and assuming the worst each time.

At some point you have to either drop out of the running or accept the hand you’re being dealt. You’ve had a test drive. I’m still in the running until I have mine.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Nearly 3 months is some big PDI issues!

I wonder if they had something fundamental from the early deliveries that meant having to hold all the cars back. Like the EU steering pump recall.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
But you are “being that guy”. Quite a lot. You seem to be assuming the doomsday scenario each time. I know I’ve been critical of Lotus but you seem to be latching on to every crumb of info and assuming the worst each time.

At some point you have to either drop out of the running or accept the hand you’re being dealt. You’ve had a test drive. I’m still in the running until I have mine.
I dont think thats fair at all. Ive always been balanced in my opinion.
I'm 90% out at this point based on recent forum comments that back up my original thoughts and also conversations ive had privately with Lotus. It's a massive disappointment overall.
It's just a shame is all and I keep hoping for some positive spin, but there doesn't seem to be any. We have all been invested in this car for a LONG time now.
My first test drive WAS positive and i said as much. Its all the BS around it inc quality control and false promises.
I just want my second test drive now in the dry so I can open the car up. Will compare to the Evora and then job done.
Sorry if I'm lowering the tone in here, but I'm not voicing anything that isn't true.

Last edited:

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I'm 90% out at this point based on recent forum comments that back up my original thoughts and also conversations ive had privately with Lotus. It's a massive disappointment overall.
It's just a shame is all and I keep hoping for some positive spin, but there doesn't seem to be any. We have all been invested in this car for a LONG time now.
My first test drive WAS positive and i said as much. Its all the BS around it inc quality control and false promises.
I just want my second test drive now in the dry so I can open the car up. Will compare to the Evora and then job done.
Sorry if I'm lowering the tone in hear, but I'm not voicing anything that isn't true.
I think the forum views on the car and Lotus are representative of the mixed reception the journalists gave the car. Some love it, some think it’s average and some just think it’s a rehashed Evora.
It’s fair to say the Lotus experience is unique in a lot of ways both positive and negative.

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Sorry if I'm lowering the tone in here, but I'm not voicing anything that isn't true.
Disappointment for who? Every member on here who actually has the car loves it. You actually think your contribution to the forum is balanced and fair 😂 It has been obvious you were not going to buy the car months ago. Don’t get me wrong it’s been fun to watch. Kind of like a train wreck is fun to watch. Enjoy the Yaris or one of the many other cars you love👍

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I think the forum views on the car and Lotus are representative of the mixed reception the journalists gave the car. Some love it, some think it’s average and some just think it’s a rehashed Evora.
It’s fair to say the Lotus experience is unique in a lot of ways both positive and negative.
Same as any car forum. Fan boys, haters and realists.
I've always been in the latter camp no matter the car model. Always looking for the positives but not afraid to mention the shortcomings.
I'm out of this forum for now, even if im not quite finished with the car/brand quite yet.
It's been entertaining, I've learnt a lot and I wish everyone the best.
I have enough drama in my life at present tho without adding Lotus drama into the mix.
As @emiraspain would say adios

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Honestly Leonard - The Emira is a pretty special car. I think it is a fantastic piece of kit. Even with its small faults. You're issue's and many others on here (mine included) is more about Lotus management than it is about the actual vehicle they created. The designers, engineers and dynamics guys did an extremely good job. No doubt about it. The only question left is can they deliver the quality and service? I will begrudgingly wait for the Emira and hope it is built to a high quality I expect from a 100K sports car. ( at least we know the powertrain is bulletproof, and that is half the battle)

There is not a better sports car that connects with its driver for the price. I am thrilled to be getting one - But I will continue to complain along with you Leonard when need be haha.

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Not sure I class the reception from journalists as mixed. Most things I've seen have been overwhelmingly positive. Certainly the ones that form the majority of public perception, top gear, car wow, Harry's garage, one last tank etc

The majority of negativity comes from this forum tbh

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Not sure I class the reception from journalists as mixed. Most things I've seen have been overwhelmingly positive. Certainly the ones that form the majority of public perception, top gear, car wow, Harry's garage, one last tank etc

Just to add - the vast majority of the negativity I see on the forum (since test drives happened) is more about comms, CS, Lotus management.(regulated test drive routes?, i4 guys before V6 guys etc. ) Not the car itself. (maybe KEF sound system?) Something the Auto mag's and Journalists do not touch on... However, Chris Harris did touch on it in his review on top gear.

I think the positivity will flow once the cars start flowing out of the gates at Hethel.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Or the “early depositors cars pre-built and hit type approval problems” scenario. We’ll probably never know.

I’m aware of a cluster of people who got checkout emails yesterday and today, about a month early. Interesting to see what they might have in common.
I had my checkout email today @TomE.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

Yes positive in the main I agree but:
Evo didn’t rave about it. Auto express said “Overall, it’s strong effort, if not quite a class-leading one. Yet.”.

I’m stil in, second test drive booked in January, just need to make the seats fit me better somehow on the test drive.

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Evo didn’t rave about it. Auto express said “Overall, it’s strong effort, if not quite a class-leading one. Yet.”.

I’m stil in, second test drive booked in January, just need to make the seats fit me better somehow on the test drive.
No Evo are clearly not fans, however their viewing figures are tiny (129k) compared to say car wow at 1.7m and top gear at 900k Internet alone and probably 3x that on the telly. If you exist outside of this forums bubble it's a home run.

Was class leading really realistic at the first hit when it's a class lead by porsche? The fact it's a viable alternative is a win imo

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I had my checkout email today @TomE.
ohhhh I thought you had it ages ago as you were told your car was being built 2 weeks ago no>?

nothing more for me yet after my email..I expect some news next week, but who knows.... I guestimate delivery for 19 21st december....... its good to put a number on things.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
No Evo are clearly not fans, however their viewing figures are tiny (129k) compared to say car wow at 1.7m and top gear at 900k Internet alone and probably 3x that on the telly. If you exist outside of this forums bubble it's a home run.

Was class leading really realistic at the first hit when it's a class lead by porsche? The fact it's a viable alternative is a win imo
The other sports car.

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

If I remember the late 1990s and 2000s….I’m pretty sure the journos said the same about the Honda NSX but they loved the 996/997
Same as the Honda S2000 vs the much loved Gen 1 Boxster…..
The Lexus LFA was slated on launch, way overpriced Toyota.
The Z3M was meh at best and an ugly duckling.
E46 M3 wasn’t that special at launch and were everywhere/common.
Do folks remember at one time Nobody wanted a secondhand Lotus V8 Esprit…

I am hoping my 1 owner from new Emira will join this flawed bunch of legendary cars in the future when EVs dominates. Trust me, 2nd hand cars are so tempting right now, but 1 owner from new future classic is where I’m at and keeps me in the waiting list.

Cars with character and hits the mark becomes classics, but not necessarily lived at first by everyone.
Cars that are complete and competent in every benchmark sells in their numbers and makes a profit for the manufacturer

Last edited: