Alternate configurator renders of the other 4 FE colors

Dabjbr

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Thing is, those engine vents will always be black, no matter what you choose.
Good to know. I didn't realize that until I looked at the configurator just now. Well, that's a bit of a bummer but still, I may choose to vinyl it just so I can go back n forth on a whim.

OP
Eagle7

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
They appear to be separate assemblies, so they could be removed from underneath, and painted. I'm thinking a gunmetal gray would look good.

Standard gloss black
Mesh Black.png

Gunmetal Gray
Mesh Gray.png

OP
Eagle7

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Hi Eagle7

I finally have my final spec! can't find the chat to post these in for a render, seem to remember there was one. But there's a good chance you've done this already:

Dark Verdant
Black pack
Silver wheels
Black caliper
Tan interior
Leather wheel

If not I'd be really grateful for a wee pic.

btw. what software do you use? I used to do a lot of rendering work myself in 3DMax, Lightwave using a bunch of different plug-in renderers, mostly architectural work though - but this was all offline and back in the day each frame would take hours!
I'm using Maxon's Cinema 4D. I've never used 3DMax, though I did play with a demo of Lightwave many years ago. I even tried Maya, but settled on Cinema because I liked the interface and it was easier for me to use.

Back then I was playing around with things like this:

Front New Lighting.jpeg

1701 Cam 4.png

Yeah I remember when a 'quick' test render would take 20 minutes, and a final render of a single still image would be leaving the room and doing something else for an hour or more. That was on a G5 PowerMac. I now have a 2017 iMac Pro with an 8-core Intel XeonW and 64g of ram which makes these renders complete anywhere from 3-9 minutes depending on how close the camera is to the objects, and how many light sources there are. I'm looking forward to the new iMac Pro Apple is supposed to be coming out with later this year, with their M1 Max chip, which is supposed to be 2-3 times faster than what I've got. When it comes to computers, you can never have too much speed, memory or storage.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Here's something interesting. While switching colors for a render, I was switching from black pack to no black pack. The model has the roof and cantrails as separate objects, so I have to change the color for each separately. I happened to apply color to the cantrail first, and noticed how good it looked with just the roof black. The only issue was the heat vents on either side of the rear window are black no matter what, but those were areas I could color separately too, so here's what it looks like with only the roof in black, and the cantrails and vent areas next to the rear window in body color. It changes the character of the roofline quite a bit, giving it a more tapered look. I kind of like it.

View attachment 2495
View attachment 2496
View attachment 2497
This really does look fantastic in yellow! Highlighting those rear vents makes it look super sporty!

prestonc

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm using Maxon's Cinema 4D. I've never used 3DMax, though I did play with a demo of Lightwave many years ago. I even tried Maya, but settled on Cinema because I liked the interface and it was easier for me to use.

Back then I was playing around with things like this:

View attachment 2552
View attachment 2553

Yeah I remember when a 'quick' test render would take 20 minutes, and a final render of a single still image would be leaving the room and doing something else for an hour or more. That was on a G5 PowerMac. I now have a 2017 iMac Pro with an 8-core Intel XeonW and 64g of ram which makes these renders complete anywhere from 3-9 minutes depending on how close the camera is to the objects, and how many light sources there are. I'm looking forward to the new iMac Pro Apple is supposed to be coming out with later this year, with their M1 Max chip, which is supposed to be 2-3 times faster than what I've got. When it comes to computers, you can never have too much speed, memory or storage.
Would you scratch an itch for me?
I've been having dreams that keep waking me up.

What would a Dark Verdant look like with gloss black wheels, yellow calipers, black leather, and wait for it.....
Hethel Yellow roof, mirrors and sills?

Too much?

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

What would a Dark Verdant look like with gloss black wheels, yellow calipers, black leather, and wait for it.....

Too much?
Defo work as a stripe

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Exclusive "Jungle Sunrise" body color option (AT only)

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Agreed, it sounds like it's gonna be sh1t, but would still love to see Eagle's work on it.
Apologies mate, that didn't come out right. Had no intention of making fun of the choice of color. Was just wondering what kind of name they might give it. Would like to see how it looks in both light and dark backgrounds...

prestonc

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Apologies mate, that didn't come out right. Had no intention of making fun of the choice of color. Was just wondering what kind of name they might give it. Would like to see how it looks in both light and dark backgrounds...
Don't apologise, I'm with you

OP
Eagle7

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Just wanted to say that I was lucky enough to see this colour at the factory at Hethel yesterday and this is pretty spot on to what it looks like 👌🏻
Good to know I got close!

OP
Eagle7

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

Too much?
Well I have to say this was certainly an unusual request lol, but here it is.

prestonc x.png

prestonc x1.png

OP
Eagle7

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Actually if you're going to do something like this, you would need the yellow in other places to help anchor the heaviness of the top. Something along these lines, just as a suggestion.

prestonc alt.png

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Crikey... no offense intended, but I need something to rinse that out of my eyes. It is certainly bold and unique :)

Going to hop over to the custom colours thread and hatch a new request.