Alternate configurator renders of the other 4 FE colors

OP
Eagle7

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
    Featured
LOL. This is why you do something like this as a render, instead of making the mistake of painting an actual car and then finding out it was not a good idea.

This is the thing with the Emira though. I've done multiple 'what ifs' for different ideas, and every time I remove it. This car has one of those amazingly beautiful and pure shapes, that not only does it not need enhancing, it shouldn't be. It's like the original Jaguar XKE. The shape itself says it all.

prestonc

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
LOL. This is why you do something like this as a render, instead of making the mistake of painting an actual car and then finding out it was not a good idea.

This is the thing with the Emira though. I've done multiple 'what ifs' for different ideas, and every time I remove it. This car has one of those amazingly beautiful and pure shapes, that not only does it not need enhancing, it shouldn't be. It's like the original Jaguar XKE. The shape itself says it all.
That makes sense to do it that way, but don't be fooled, as pretty as our new car is going to be, that dream I had, that color scheme that you brought to life, it's a crime, it's wrong, it's never to be seen again. No amount of pretty can disguise that.

:) love your work Eagle7

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Next Up, @prestonc Fashion week in Milan

1642802572381.jpeg

All in good fun - no offense intended mate!

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Well I have to say this was certainly an unusual request lol, but here it is.

View attachment 2568
View attachment 2569
Interesting idea but doesn't work as well as the coloured cant rails on some Aston Martin Vantages. Draws your eye away from all the best bits of the styling but I'm a big fan of experimenting like this - that's often how the great stuff is discovered.

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I'm going for Dark Verdant, no black pack, silver wheels, yellow calipers and tan leather interior. Very traditional but I like it.
That's my spec too, also deleting privacy glass for a more joined up look to the glasshouse and to how the engine off to the max. Thank you for all the great work on all the renders!

OP
Eagle7

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Making progress on 'the corner'. I did some work on Dark Verdant, and took some screen shots of a few renders. Adding detail, objects, and especially lights really increases the render time. Two of these took almost a half an hour each. I guess next I'll have to look at creating a new thread for the other 13 colors lol.

Verdant Corner 1.png

Verdant Corner 1a.png

Verdant Corner 1b.png

Verdant Corner 1c.png

First Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Actually if you're going to do something like this, you would need the yellow in other places to help anchor the heaviness of the top. Something along these lines, just as a suggestion.

View attachment 2571
I quite like that! Maybe more of a stripe up the bonnet and over the roof as opposed to a full roof. Perhaps I've gone a bit safe with my Nimbus option!

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I think this is where I’m landing.
Only exception is silver calipers (to jive with interior). Manual. Privacy.

Not sure on sport or touring… Argh

#ForTheUndecided
I was querying my own choice of yellow calipers - was thinking maybe black or silver to quieten them down visually for a classy look to go with DV, tan and silver wheels, and my Chief Design Officer commented "stick with the yellow - that says Lotus."

So yellow it is for me - but I totally get the silver which will look killer too.

Last edited:

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I was querying my own choice of yellow calipers - was thinking maybe black or silver to quieten them down visually for a classy look to go with DV, tan and silver wheels, and my Chief Design Office commented "stick with the yellow - that says Lotus."

So yellow it is for me - but I totally get the silver which will look killer too.
Yeah. On my Racing Green Evora I have the yellow calipers and I love them on that car. With the Emira I think I want the classier subdued look.

Both will be gorgeous. Black would work too but the silver will give a little pop I think. Match interior a bit.

Can’t go wrong either way! :)

OP
Eagle7

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I think this is where I’m landing.
Only exception is silver calipers (to jive with interior). Manual. Privacy.

Not sure on sport or touring… Argh

#ForTheUndecided
I think I've gone back and forth on wheel and caliper combinations more than anything else lol.

Here's a few snapshots of your combos, one with silver calipers, and one with yellow. I've done each in bright daylight and late afternoon light to give you an idea of how they'll look.

Yellow
TXEMIRA 4.png

Silver
TXEMIRA 4a.png

Yellow
TXEMIRA 4b.png

Silver
TXEMIRA 4c.png

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I think I've gone back and forth on wheel and caliper combinations more than anything else lol.

Here's a few snapshots of your combos, one with silver calipers, and one with yellow. I've done each in bright daylight and late afternoon light to give you an idea of how they'll look.

Yellow
View attachment 3152

Silver
View attachment 3153

Yellow
View attachment 3154

Silver
View attachment 3155
I respect the work you put in with these.... whats render time like..... Ive done a liitle 3D video work.....

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score