Aftermarket wheels for the Emira

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yellow supercharger with a Magma car would not look good I think, not sure if I'll bother with repainting it. What is involved with the cover removal anyway? Is there a reusable gasket or do you need a new one when re-installing?
You can paint it without removing it. Just mask off the parts you don't want painted and use a high temperature paint from a spray can.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
You can paint it without removing it. Just mask off the parts you don't want painted and use a high temperature paint from a spray can.
To add to Tom's very good advice.... you'll want to use a good oil removing spray to prep the surface before paint... and then as he suggested, a durable spray paint that doesn't need a primer. Lots of approaches to pre-paint cleaning work here, but be careful what kind of solvent you use because it's already a painted surface. If it were completely bare metal you could use something harsh that evaporates away like MEK... definitely don't do that on an already-painted surface like this. But you will want to get any grease or film completely off the surface before paint... an engine bay deposits a ton of invisible oils onto surfaces during normal use. If you don't get that oil off the surface your new paint will peel down the road. And don't touch it with your finger to test prior to paint, your skin oils are just as bad. Wear nitrile gloves during the pre-paint prep.

And some advice from experience... apply spray paint *very lightly* and in multiple light coats to achieve coverage, and let it dry between coats. Do this rather than spraying a heavy coat, and you'll get a much better appearance with a more durable end result.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Although I had red calipers on my Yellow Vette and it looked good, but generally yeah catsup and mustard only go on hot dogs n burgers...:)

Whew, that's a good looking Vette. I think yellow and red only apply to interior exterior color schemes. No issues with this Yellow Vette and red calipers.

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Whew, that's a good looking Vette. I think yellow and red only apply to interior exterior color schemes. No issues with this Yellow Vette and red calipers.
Thanks! Yeah I thought I was done with the sports car thing and sold it a couple years ago with 75k miles on it. It was a great car but I got carried away with mods and it just got to be a pain in the ass. Lesson learned, my Emira is going to stay stock!!

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Updated info from @hml_xy who took photos of the inside of his wheels on his new Emira (Germany).

Stock wheels on the FE (forged) are the following spec:

Front: 8.5x20 ET 57
Rear: 10.5x20 ET 54

Manufactured by Dicastal (US) in China.

Other markings indicate they are forged from 6061 aluminum though oddly it doesn't indicate what alloy, which would be useful.

The front are rated to to 460kg, rear to 685kg.

FYI these are significantly different specs (particularly in the rear) compared to the Evora GT. With the lower rear offset they should be much easier to source aftermarket wheels for, compared to the +69 offset on the Evora in 10+in widths.

OP
supersix

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Updated info from @hml_xy who took photos of the inside of his wheels on his new Emira (Germany).

Stock wheels on the FE (forged) are the following spec:

Manufactured by Dicastal (US) in China.

Other markings indicate they are forged from 6061 aluminum though oddly it doesn't indicate what alloy, which would be useful.

The front are rated to to 460kg, rear to 685kg.

FYI these are significantly different specs (particularly in the rear) compared to the Evora GT. With the lower rear offset they should be much easier to source aftermarket wheels for, compared to the +69 offset on the Evora in 10+in widths.

Thanks! I also updated the first post in this thread:

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I asked BBS Japan and Enkei if they would be releasing wheels at these sizes, and both replied they had no plans to do so at the moment. Didn't ask Rays because they didn't have a "contact us" button on their web page.
Might have better luck with European wheel manufacturers.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I asked BBS Japan and Enkei if they would be releasing wheels at these sizes, and both replied they had no plans to do so at the moment. Didn't ask Rays because they didn't have a "contact us" button on their web page.
Might have better luck with European wheel manufacturers.
I highly doubt anyone is going to care at all given the expected Emira volume. Expect to go full custom if you want some selection.

I’ve found some rays wheels that may fit with a moderate increase in scrub radius but most of these wheels will change the characteristics of the car and weight up the steering quite a bit.

Last edited:

RENDERMAN

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I highly doubt anyone is going to care at all given the expected Emira volume. Expect to go full custom if you want some selection.

I’ve found some rays wheels that may fit with a moderate increase in scrub radius but most of these wheels will change the characteristics of the car and height up the steering quite a bit.
Bravo! no manufacturer will build a line of wheels for 25 people...

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Agreed. The Base version wheels may be the best option for a spare set. When / if they becomes available.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
This might be a fun British * Japanese wheelset track option:

Volk TE47 Saga S-Plus
Front: 18x9" +45 73.1 CB
Rear: 18x11" +45 73.1 CB

This would:
- More tire from extra half inch of width front and rear likely for a 265/305 tire setup.
- Front would extend 18mm past stock, rear would extend 15mm past stock.
- Mild to moderate scrub radius increase, steering wheel will feel a bit heavier.

Also available in Bronze.

Davebeats

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
HRE, CCW, etc. are probably our best option as they can make any pattern needed. The problem, expect to spend $1500+ per wheel...........
There's a few companies that will make custom offset and bolt pattern wheels. I paid roughly $600 each for forged wheels for my RS3. 19x8.5 that were 18.2lbs each. VSFORGED. another popular but pricier custom forged company was BC Forged

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
There's a few companies that will make custom offset and bolt pattern wheels. I paid roughly $600 each for forged wheels for my RS3. 19x8.5 that were 18.2lbs each. VSFORGED. another popular but pricier custom forged company was BC Forged

I contacted AL13 and Brixton Forged. Both said they'd make me Emira wheels, but no prices yet...

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Emira:

Pretty similar dimensions to the Porsche Cayman / GT4.

8.5 x 20 54.00 130.00/5 FI 147 VA schwarz/matt platinum silber bronze/matt 10.01.8856 10.01.8855 10.02.2720 09.24.658 71.60 Porsche Boxster 718, Cayman 718 TÜV

11 x 20 50.00 130.00/5 RE 1704 HA schwarz/matt platinum silber 10.01.8415 10.01.8414 09.24.658 71.60 Porsche Cayman GT4 TÜV

Just get the correct p.c.d. of 5x114.3 and center bore and off we go with the best wheels available. :)

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Emira:

Pretty similar dimensions to the Porsche Cayman / GT4.

8.5 x 20 54.00 130.00/5 FI 147 VA schwarz/matt platinum silber bronze/matt 10.01.8856 10.01.8855 10.02.2720 09.24.658 71.60 Porsche Boxster 718, Cayman 718 TÜV

11 x 20 50.00 130.00/5 RE 1704 HA schwarz/matt platinum silber 10.01.8415 10.01.8414 09.24.658 71.60 Porsche Cayman GT4 TÜV

Just get the correct p.c.d. of 5x114.3 and center bore and off we go with the best wheels available. :)
Don't think they make them in those PCDs/width/offset, best you're likely going to find is an 8.5" up front and 11.5" in the rear.