Aftermarket wheels for the Emira

I probably will consider after market wheels. I really like the look of split 5 spokes that were available on the early Evora and I prefer that my wheels have a brightness to them like an aluminum alloy or even a subtle mirror effect. I guess I’m old school that way..I like shine. Not much for black.

Depending on the weight and cost of the forged option, I will consider it.

I think the stock options are just fine. Lighter rims won't make a difference in this car. The best thing about this car is you don't need to put on aftermarket parts. It is semi-affordable.

Depending on the weight and cost of the forged option, I will consider it.

This. I will be opting for the fully forged wheels, depending on price and weight compared to the cast options.

How much do the forged Evora wheels weigh?

The OEM wheel options for the Emira already look so good I'm not sure I will even need to consider aftermarket wheels. Maybe if a lighter and better-looking aftermarket wheel comes available I will consider it, but I think that's going to be tough to do.

I have emailed titan-7.com to ask them to consider making their rims in GOLD for our sizes
22b.jpg

I would love to try BBS RI-Ds on my Emira, I think it will be a great match.
I also like Ferrari's five-point star styled rims.

I‘m going to use a second set of rims with winter tires on.
Maybe I‘ll put the winter tires on the stock rims and the Good Years onto the after market rim set.

In the old days I always opted for aftermarket wheels because most factory stock or optional wheels were so awful/heavy to begin with.

But these days, tons of stock and optional wheels are so good from the manufacturer that there's no reason for me to swap.

I will be swapping wheels for the winter/summer setup. However, I want to get a very aggressive wheel for this car. Right now I have been wondering about a 3 piece wheel with a white hub on the Dark Verdant. Not sure of the spoke color yet. Again, something aggressive that most might think is over the top or ugly. I will only drive the car once or twice a month and prefer the sticky track Cups in the summer. The winter wheel will be the stock wheel and it will be on the car for 8 or 9 months.

I just want the to have spinners and to be deep dish. preferably with chrome. and like 305/23/15 rubber band tires.

perhaps newbie question, but i never bought after market wheels...so, if i like some wheels from audi R8 or other cars towards the supercar category, are these usually made bespoke for the brands/models, or you can buy them somehow?

perhaps newbie question, but i never bought after market wheels...so, if i like some wheels from audi R8 or other cars towards the supercar category, are these usually made bespoke for the brands/models, or you can buy them somehow?
They're typically made specifically for that vehicle. For instance, companies like BBS, OZ, Enkei, etc. make a lot of OEM wheels for different manufacturers like BMW, Subaru, Etc..

You'll sometimes see wheels swapped among the same make and model.. Like a Ferrari 360 Modena owner might swap on 360 Challenge Stradale wheels or a Subaru WRX owner might swap on STi wheels. That being said, its rare (and possibly frowned upon by enthusiasts) to see oem wheels from one manufacturer swapped to another vehicle of another manufacturer.

There are so many better options (lighter, stronger, more size and finish options) offered by the aftermarket. I always suggest checking the weight of those OEM wheels before considering buying them.. Some higher tier sports cars might have forged wheels from the factory that weigh 20lbs, while others may simply be fancy cast wheels that weigh 30-40lbs each and not as strong.

Last edited:
The factory wheels really look great IMO. Being forged they will be superior to most as well.

The wheel specs will likely be higher offsets similar to the Evora. I tried finding photos of an Evora with Rays (Volk, Gram light etc) wheels and came up empty handed. I’m sure with interest manufacturers will do some Emira Spec production runs on certain wheels.

It’s almost refreshing not being concerned about wanting/buying a aftermarket wheel to finish or add to a car.

Last edited:
As I intend to run a day to day Goodyear set and a track day Cup set I am very interested in after market options, just as summer/winter driving countries benefit form 2 sets.

In Perth Western Australia apparently I could run Cups all year around :cool: