Aftermarket wheels for the Emira

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
As I intend to run a day to day Goodyear set and a track day Cup set I am very interested in after market options, just as summer/winter driving countries benefit form 2 sets.

In Perth Western Australia apparently I could run Cups all year around :cool:
... sure, as long as your pockets are deep enough for new tyres every few months :)

denk0815

Reaction score
I am very interested in carbon rims but for germany and switzerland you need a general type approval.
I have seen that "Thyssenkrupp Carbon Components" is offering such rims with approval for some models, but there is nothing for Lotus, especially the Emira.

Does anyone know if the bolt circle etc. is identical to one of the following models:

AUDI - A3, A4, A5, A6, RS 3, RS 4, RS 5, RS 6, TT
BMW - 3 series, 4 series, 5 series, M3, M4, M5
CHEVROLET - Camaro
JAGUAR - XE, F-Type, E-Pace, I-Pace
MERCEDES - A45 AMG, C63 AMG, E63 AMG, CLS63 AMG, AMG GT
NISSAN - 370Z, GT-R
TESLA - Model S
VOLKSWAGEN - Golf, Passat

I am grateful for any input.

3MIRA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Any updates on the possibility of after market rims? I think Lotus could have a wider range of the wheels and reap the benefit of the purchasers rather than going to after market suppliers.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Prepare yourselves for some difficulty finding wheels that fit appropriately on the Emira, because the wheel offset is very high compared to most cars. Exact offsets for the Emira are still unknown but should be relatively similar to the Evora.

The Emira factory wheels are 8.5J x 20 front and 10.0J x 20 rear, with a 5 x 114.3mm bolt circle. This is also sometimes shown as 5 x 4.5in, it's a classic bolt circle used on Mustangs and other cars going back decades. Not in Lotus offsets, though.

The Evora used offsets of ET55 in the front and ET69 in the rear, both of which are very high. Emira uses slightly different size wheels, so don't assume that the offsets will be the same.

Offset (particularly in the front) is a function of both the wheel width and the distance between the wheel hub mounting face and the steering axis pivot point where the hub attaches to the control arms. It's a backspacing value to center the tire's contact patch under the hub's center of steering rotation, and any change to that position can affect steering feel pretty dramatically. It's generally not recommended to lower the offset (or use spacers, same effect) in the front unless you are also going to a wider wheel/tire which requires a lower offset to keep the same center point for the contact patch.

There's a great online calculator here if you want to compare different widths and offsets of wheel/tire to an original, and see the way that offset and wheel width interact. It's the best online wheel fitment calculator and visual modeler that I've found.

Last edited:

3MIRA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I emailed Lotus directly about extending their wheel range as its win win. They get the business and we get perfect wheel specification. they replied that they will be extending the range but not any time soon. I nudged gold/bronze to go with my dark verdant :cool:

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder how the Emira looks with BBS LM's?
part-1_20220324_125528.jpg

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

I could certainly do this spec. I am a big believer in aftermarket wheels. I love a car with a clean look. It may even look better if it wasn't so low. I would probably do yellow caliper and the ICE Grey Interior. Although these red calipers with a red supercharger cover would just set it completely off. I can certainly wait two years for this rig.

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So, as customer cars are being delivered, do we have any information about the wheel sizes, especially inset (offset) ?

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I might try to do a yellow supercharger cover to match the other yellow accents I specced on my Seneca Blue Emira. Can't wait to finally get this thing and start tinkering!
After it’s broken in I’ll need a ride, I’ll buy lunch (19709)

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I could certainly do this spec. I am a big believer in aftermarket wheels. I love a car with a clean look. It may even look better if it wasn't so low. I would probably do yellow caliper and the ICE Grey Interior. Although these red calipers with a red supercharger cover would just set it completely off. I can certainly wait two years for this rig.
Hmm I didn't think of maybe doing the supercharger color in red. I've spec'd the DV with red calipers and interior. I wonder though if painting the supercharger red might be too much?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It'll certainly stand out. This is what it looks like on an Evora V6:

lotus-evora-gt-S4606314-29.jpg

... and here's the Emira from the same angle for comparison:

Emira V6 boot.jpeg

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Hmm I didn't think of maybe doing the supercharger color in red. I've spec'd the DV with red calipers and interior. I wonder though if painting the supercharger red might be too much?

No, I don't think it would be too much at all. I think matching the supercharger and calipers is the way to go if you are doing red or yellow. The interior is also important because I think the interior should also reflect the outside accent colors if possible. I think Seneca would look very unique with blue calipers and a blue supercharger too.

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
No, I don't think it would be too much at all. I think matching the supercharger and calipers is the way to go if you are doing red or yellow. The interior is also important because I think the interior should also reflect the outside accent colors if possible. I think Seneca would look very unique with blue calipers and a blue supercharger too.
Yellow supercharger with a Magma car would not look good I think, not sure if I'll bother with repainting it. What is involved with the cover removal anyway? Is there a reusable gasket or do you need a new one when re-installing?

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Yellow supercharger with a Magma car would not look good I think, not sure if I'll bother with repainting it. What is involved with the cover removal anyway? Is there a reusable gasket or do you need a new one when re-installing?

There are a couple of color combinations that don't work! Red and yellow I believe the consensus was to avoid. Lol

Pops68

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
McDonald's colors for sure. But then again, my Blue and Yellow could be Walmart. 🙄
Although I had red calipers on my Yellow Vette and it looked good, but generally yeah catsup and mustard only go on hot dogs n burgers...:)

Attachments

• garage1.jpg
    garage1.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 50