Aftermarket wheels for the Emira

TomAce

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Don't think they make them in those PCDs/width/offset, best you're likely going to find is an 8.5" up front and 11.5" in the rear.
It all depends if BBS thinks there is a market, could well be. Let‘s wait and see. Just wanted to make the point, that the wheels more or less already exist in the right dimensions, even the offset is within 3-6mm.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It all depends if BBS thinks there is a market, could well be. Let‘s wait and see. Just wanted to make the point, that the wheels more or less already exist in the right dimensions, even the offset is within 3-6mm.
Agreed. The big limiter before (Evora) was the +69 offset in the rear. With both front and rear in the low to mid +50s, it's MUCH easier to get aftermarket options. Different PCD and center bore are WAY easier to order as a variation of an existing wheel than an unusual offset.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Komo-tec just unveiled their KT-7Forged wheel offering for the Emira. More info, pics, and pricing on their website.

Our new Forged Wheel for Emira is unique and aspecially designed for the Light-Is-Right-Philosophy of Lotus by lowering rotating masses.

6112-001-Emira-KT-7Forgend-Felgensatz-bearb-1-9.jpg

Set consists of:
2x Rims front: 8,5 x 20"; weight: 10,5 kg/wheel (Forged Factory-Spec: 11,5 kg/wheel)
2x Rims rear: 10,0 x 20"; weight: 11,3 kg/wheel (Forged Factory-Spec: 13,2 kg/wheel)
So this is a total of 5.8 kgs (~12. 8lbs) savings!

The wheel is available in silver.

Last edited:

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Komo-tec recent unveiled their KT-7Forged wheel offering for the Emira. More info, pics, and pricing on their website.

Our new Forged Wheel for Emira is unique and aspecially designed for the Light-Is-Right-Philosophy of Lotus by lowering rotating masses.

View attachment 21094

Set consists of:
2x Rims front: 8,5 x 20"; weight: 10,5 kg/wheel (Forged Factory-Spec: 11,5 kg/wheel)
2x Rims rear: 10,0 x 20"; weight: 11,3 kg/wheel (Forged Factory-Spec: 13,2 kg/wheel)
So this is a total of 5.8 kgs (~12. 8lbs) savings!

The wheel is available in silver.
This photo looks a lot better than that first shot that was shared, which looked really chunky.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Those are nice. Other than weight, they look to be pretty much the same spec as the FE wheels, except they look too busy. I wish they were 6 spoke instead of 7 spoke. Still, removing almost 5 lbs of unsprung rotating weight off each rear wheel would definitely help acceleration.

Problem is price though... $6,190 U.S. is a bit much. For far less than that you could get a tune to 430 hp which would do a lot more for you than these wheels would.

It's encouraging though to see aftermarket is already working on items for the Emira.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Offsets aren't listed. The 20" Emira spec wheels are only offered in silver for now, but the same wheel style in 17" and 18" are offered for the Exige in silver/black/gunmetal.

img_9299ukFygdYHPpf8g_600x600@2x.jpg
OK, that is definitely a different design. This looks chunky. The on-car wheels have slender spokes that are also reliefed out of the edge circumference.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, that is definitely a different design. This looks chunky. The on-car wheels have slender spokes that are also reliefed out of the edge circumference.

You're right. Those gunmetal ones are 17 or 18s and slightly different. Similar styling, but not the same as the 20" Emira offering.

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Anyone know if 18’s will clear the front calipers? I know the GT4 runs 18s but it also has a different brake setup.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
- a little bit lighter weight
- narrower rears
- 20"

... why? At least the price isn't insane.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
- a little bit lighter weight
- narrower rears
- 20"

... why? At least the price isn't insane.

+1, I would be curious what 19"s would weigh/cost. I would seriously consider a set of those for winter/all-season use.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Anyone know if 18’s will clear the front calipers? I know the GT4 runs 18s but it also has a different brake setup.

Shouldn't be an issue with 18" track designed wheels, typically the barrel is designed for clearance for calipers around large rotor diameters. For example, I have 380mm diameter rotors with some beefy 6 piston calipers under some 18" apex racing wheels, they still have 10mm+ of clearance from the barrel at the closest spot.

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Shouldn't be an issue with 18" track designed wheels, typically the barrel is designed for clearance for calipers around large rotor diameters. For example, I have 380mm diameter rotors with some beefy 6 piston calipers under some 18" apex racing wheels, they still have 10mm+ of clearance from the barrel at the closest spot.
On what car?

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Quite overpriced and too chunky for me. I've custom ordered forged wheels with twice the weight savings for $2k less than that. On a more positive note, I'm happy to see some aftermarket options already for the Emira and I hope that only increases as more hit the road.