420 Sport officially teased on social media, full reveal on 26 May 2026

1000047578.webp
1000047582.webp
1000047584.webp
1000047586.webp
1000047588.webp
1000047592.webp
 

Attachments

  • 1000047580.webp
    1000047580.webp
    44.2 KB · Views: 221
I had not. Between the CF paddles and now the press type buttons, they were definitely tracking the forum on mods in addition to all the CF stuff, Lithium battery, titanium exhaust, tune, etc.
 
Not sure if anybody has noticed, but the 420 sport has the normal press type steering wheel buttons instead of the haptic ones.
No, I had not noticed that, thanks for pointing in out. But thank god; that is the single best upgrade on the 420 right there.
 
I had not. Between the CF paddles and now the press type buttons, they were definitely tracking the forum on mods in addition to all the CF stuff, Lithium battery, titanium exhaust, tune, etc.
I think the CF package also gave CF paddles as well. Soooo maybe there's a chance of press type buttons on the standard emira?
 
I had not. Between the CF paddles and now the press type buttons, they were definitely tracking the forum on mods in addition to all the CF stuff, Lithium battery, titanium exhaust, tune, etc.
So when are the better seats coming then!
 
No, I had not noticed that, thanks for pointing in out. But thank god; that is the single best upgrade on the 420 right there.
Hmm, the 420 configurator is still showing the standard haptic steering buttons, I can't find any option to change them to press type.
They are clearly testing them but are they actually happening on production cars?

Edit: there's still hope as I've just seen the post about it being on Lotus Instagram.
 
Last edited:
Have a look at this short driving video:



Listen to the sounds of the shifting paddles. To me that sounds that they give a lot more feedback than the normal ones, isn't it?
 
I had not. Between the CF paddles and now the press type buttons, they were definitely tracking the forum on mods in addition to all the CF stuff, Lithium battery, titanium exhaust, tune, etc.
Maybe that means it will be easier for us in the US to order the non touch button pods.
 
This is probably the only thing I’d want out of the handling pack.

If they are true dssv dampers then they’ll be good. Wonder how a set of Nitron electrons compare.

And I’d love a real track app. The one in our car is such a joke. Having to hit the button every lap is not only a joke, but a dangerous one. Take your eyes off the track to push a button in a screen to make the lap.

  • Multimatic 2-way adjustable spool‑valve dampers
  • Lithium-Ion battery
  • Lotus Track Performance APP (designed to help drivers analyse, improve, and share their on track performance. It provides precision GPS lap timing, predictive lap timing, and automated session recording)
 
This is probably the only thing I’d want out of the handling pack.

If they are true dssv dampers then they’ll be good. Wonder how a set of Nitron electrons compare.

And I’d love a real track app. The one in our car is such a joke. Having to hit the button every lap is not only a joke, but a dangerous one. Take your eyes off the track to push a button in a screen to make the lap.

  • Multimatic 2-way adjustable spool‑valve dampers
  • Lithium-Ion battery
  • Lotus Track Performance APP (designed to help drivers analyse, improve, and share their on track performance. It provides precision GPS lap timing, predictive lap timing, and automated session recording)
Not that I disagree that the stopwatch/timer in the car should have been automatic/GPS based, you don't need to take your eyes off the road either. You have a laptimer widget in the driver display, and you can just press the steering wheel button to trigger the laps.

Tbh I imagine most people serious about laptimes will already have something on their phone to do it.
 
Not that I disagree that the stopwatch/timer in the car should have been automatic/GPS based, you don't need to take your eyes off the road either. You have a laptimer widget in the driver display, and you can just press the steering wheel button to trigger the laps.

Tbh I imagine most people serious about laptimes will already have something on their phone to do it.
The built in app is such an afterthought. Literally nothing more than a stopwatch dressed up to look fancy
 
I didn't know the AMG versions came with electric powered hydraulic steering. Has anyone driven both the turbo and the V6 and noticed any difference?
Yes, not much of a difference but it is there. You can feel a lot more detail of the road with the V6 - alternatively the i4 is a lot less "twitchy". I can imagine it would come down to personal taste in the end, different drivers preferring the different feel of each; both are very good though.
 
I didn't know the AMG versions came with electric powered hydraulic steering. Has anyone driven both the turbo and the V6 and noticed any difference?
I've driven both on the factory test track and I can't say I noticed any difference on that type of surface.
 
Have a look at this short driving video:



Listen to the sounds of the shifting paddles. To me that sounds that they give a lot more feedback than the normal ones, isn't it?

Yes, Lotus specifically pointed that out. The downshifts do seem kind of slow though…
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Supporting Vendors View all →
Back
Top