Your final spec color will be/is not what your first instinctive choice was

Is your final spec color love at first sight??

• Heck YEAH...saw the rest came back to the best

Votes: 28 50.9%
  • Uh NO...love takes time

Votes: 17 30.9%
  • I give up! gonna roll a dice

Votes: 10 18.2%

• Total voters

klho001

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Reading through all the forum threads, esp on those on color :), there's obviously many opinions and comes down to personal pref. I've also gone back and forth, with being absolutely initially sure of one color (blue), to not so sure (yellow), and finally yeah that's the one (white, when avail) :LOL: . A lot of it after seeing (or ogling persistently) many diff pics and angles etc as they become avail...and the taste/opinion changes. How many of you were like that??

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
We need an "Uh NO, I've been trying to decide which color I hate the least.. and that takes time" option.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
When I knew the car was in development I told myself I'd get Laser Blue for the Emira, as my Evora and Exige are both LB and it looks great. My second choice was yellow, as I'd always wanted a yellow Lotus but for previous purchases hadn't been able to find one in the right spec and condition. With the Emira being my first brand new Lotus I was looking forward to picking the colour.

Fast forward to the reveal and my initial disappointment of only 6 FE colours and no Laser Blue, plus the yellow being a solid not a metallic. I was also told unofficially LB wouldn't be one of the extra 7 colours. I liked Seneca Blue but it was going to look odd next to two Laser Blue cars.

My wife prefers Dark Verdant then Nimbus Grey. But she won't drive it and rarely passengers in my fun cars.

Now comfortable with my choice of Hethel Yellow but yes I've gone round the houses a bit :)

OP
klho001

klho001

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I liked Seneca Blue but it was going to look odd next to two Laser Blue cars.
It's amazing how we decide color not just based off THIS car, but relative to other cars as well :). I'm the same-- family car is blue and for a sec i thought 2 blue cars on the driveway's gonna look odd...#firstworldproblems

695 to Emira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My wife has a blue Boxster with black wheels. She “helped” me choose the colour so no prizes for guessing what’s locked in. No manner of playing with the configurator and flipping the laptop across was any help at all….

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'll preface by saying that the below has been my colour journey and reflects my own personal preferences/tastes so I'm not picking on any colour here...

Initially I went straight for Seneca as I like blue cars, saw the show car photos and thought "wow, I gotta have one of those!". After a while I started getting a bit concerned with it being too light/powder blue in some photos. After seeing the painted samples in person I decided that I wanted a richer metallic fleck and a colour that wasn't so "look at me" or "fad" that might go out of vogue in a couple of years.

So the longer I thought about Seneca, the initial "wow" of the showcar started changing to "it won't age well", but I could well be wrong!

Dark green and flat yellow aren't my thing so that left three colours remaining.

Magma interested me as I like red cars too, but I would prefer a bright red and didn't want a maroon shade that may have a brownish hue in certain lighting. I also like silver so considered Nimbus, but on real-world inspection of the sample discs I was put off by it being a creamy/beige silver. Brownish shades of any colour are just not my thing. Maybe when I'm an old bugger with arthritis it will be. :D

So I ended up with what's arguably the least popular colour (Shadow Grey) which I'm actually really really happy with. I think it will look elegant/masculine without being overly "look at me", should age well and doesn't need a black pack to look its best (avoiding a scratchy flat black roof). It should also really pop in the Aussie sun exposing some of the hidden blue fleck that isn't visible in the shade. As a bonus, based on colour polls to date, there will be very few of them around making them more exclusive!

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I'll preface by saying that the below has been my colour journey and reflects my own personal preferences/tastes so I'm not picking on any colour here...

Initially I went straight for Seneca as I like blue cars, saw the show car photos and thought "wow, I gotta have one of those!". After a while I started getting a bit concerned with it being too light/powder blue in some photos. After seeing the painted samples in person I decided that I wanted a richer metallic fleck and a colour that wasn't so "look at me" or "fad" that might go out of vogue in a couple of years.

So the longer I thought about Seneca, the initial "wow" of the showcar started changing to "it won't age well", but I could well be wrong!

Dark green and flat yellow aren't my thing so that left three colours remaining.

Magma interested me as I like red cars too, but I would prefer a bright red and didn't want a maroon shade that may have a brownish hue in certain lighting. I also like silver so considered Nimbus, but on real-world inspection of the sample discs I was put off by it being a creamy/beige silver. Brownish shades of any colour are just not my thing. Maybe when I'm an old bugger with arthritis it will be. :D

So I ended up with what's arguably the least popular colour (Shadow Grey) which I'm actually really really happy with. I think it will look elegant/masculine without being overly "look at me", should age well and doesn't need a black pack to look its best (avoiding a scratchy flat black roof). It should also really pop in the Aussie sun exposing some of the hidden blue fleck that isn't visible in the shade. As a bonus, based on colour polls to date, there will be very few of them around making them more exclusive!
I think you are actually right. If I could I'd definitely consider Shadow with black pack and a lighter colour interior. Enjoy

OP
klho001

klho001

Emira Fan
Reaction score

and in a couple weeks you're gonna say shadow grey blends in too much with the road, you want some pop so you're back to SB :p ...im kidding im kidding...
no wrong color

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
and in a couple weeks you're gonna say shadow grey blends in too much with the road, you want some pop so you're back to SB :p ...im kidding im kidding...
no wrong color
Haha, you're probably right! 🤣

Pav

Emira Fan
Reaction score
At Goodwood I loved the dark silver but it's rather close to my Transit Custom. My other cars are black, white and red. When I saw 'the discs' I was drawn to the green and yellow. I seem to like choices that stand out and kind of knew I wanted to brave and go yellow. I've never really understood blue cars. Don't know why.

I fairly regularly go to Barkaways coffee mornings (recommended as they welcome all kinds of cars, I don't have a Ferrari) and amongst the sea of red and a few black, silver and blue, it was always the occasional yellow car that made me smile. I think that's what helped confirm the Emira is probably my once in a lifetime supercar purchase and it had to be in a fun colour.

One evening I put a couple of @Eagle7 renders (thank you sir) of the green and yellow side by side on the laptop and asked the family. Almost as one they said, 'You want the yellow don't you.' They were right, I did. I am so very excited for July. I am even building a room for it to live in, more on that soon.

daveparky84

Reaction score
Yep my initial instinct was Dark Verdant but ended up with Nimbus. Wasn’t an easy decision.. love them both but I think Nimbus really shows off the incredible design of the body the best. Would still be happy with either tbh.

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Yep my initial instinct was Dark Verdant but ended up with Nimbus. Wasn’t an easy decision.. love them both but I think Nimbus really shows off the incredible design of the body the best. Would still be happy with either tbh.
That's where I am, have ordered DV but love Nimbus every time I see it. A mate of mine in Edinburgh has ordered in Nimbus so we'll see them side-by-side!

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
At Goodwood I loved the dark silver but it's rather close to my Transit Custom. My other cars are black, white and red. When I saw 'the discs' I was drawn to the green and yellow. I seem to like choices that stand out and kind of knew I wanted to brave and go yellow. I've never really understood blue cars. Don't know why.

I fairly regularly go to Barkaways coffee mornings (recommended as they welcome all kinds of cars, I don't have a Ferrari) and amongst the sea of red and a few black, silver and blue, it was always the occasional yellow car that made me smile. I think that's what helped confirm the Emira is probably my once in a lifetime supercar purchase and it had to be in a fun colour.

One evening I put a couple of @Eagle7 renders (thank you sir) of the green and yellow side by side on the laptop and asked the family. Almost as one they said, 'You want the yellow don't you.' They were right, I did. I am so very excited for July. I am even building a room for it to live in, more on that soon.
That sounds like a really solid decision - you will absolutely love it! I'm keen to see how my visual "guesstimate" at Hethel Yellow for my painting compares to an actual car. I looked at loads of different photos, the configurator in all lights and angles and read the comments re "mustardy" warmth.

BTW, you must share plans for your Emira man-cave!

Last edited:
OP
klho001

klho001

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I should add , a wise dealer once told me “ if deciding on the color is your only worry, you’re a lucky man!”
keep the stories coming!

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I should add , a wise dealer once told me “ if deciding on the color is your only worry, you’re a lucky man!”
keep the stories coming!
Yes, we are firmly in "first world problem" territory with that one! It is a bit of a challenge right now TBH, with everything that is going on in Ukraine not to feel a bit conflicted on what is important. My own way of coping is to do my bit to help and remind myself that if we let Putin cause more disruption to our way of life (in "The West") then he is getting what he wants.

jamesbxxx

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yes, we are firmly in "first world problem" territory with that one! It is a bit of a challenge right now TBH, with everything that is going on in Ukraine not to feel a bit conflicted on what is important. My own way of coping is to do my bit to help and remind myself that if we let Putin cause more disruption to our way of life (in "The West") then he is getting what he wants.
I’m struggling to stay the course. Just doesn’t seem right or particularly relevant anymore to be buying a car in today’s world that’s going to be increasingly seen as a pariah. The seat and photo debarcle is another major irritation…

Tailslides

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’m struggling to stay the course. Just doesn’t seem right or particularly relevant anymore to be buying a car in today’s world that’s going to be increasingly seen as a pariah. The seat and photo debarcle is another major irritation…
It's only the flavour of the day, until recently diesel was going to save the world, now it's EV's although we won't be able to charge them and electricity pricing is going crazy, all part of the plan...