Factory pick up.

Bod27

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Just had a call from Lotus, looks like the factory pick up is an option, offered three options, pick up from dealer, home del, and factory pick up.

Factory pick up will be £195 (good for two) Lunch , factory tour and hand over of car. Cant wait to get over to Hethel in June to collect my car.

Great news , still all on track for June , absolutely so exited about the Emira !

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Bit of a con seeing as it's coming from the factory and no where else, should be cheaper

I like the idea of it though for sure

Think of it as £1,195 for the factory pick up which I think sounds about right.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Just had a call from Lotus, looks like the factory pick up is an option, offered three options, pick up from dealer, home del, and factory pick up.

Factory pick up will be £195 (good for two) Lunch , factory tour and hand over of car. Cant wait to get over to Hethel in June to collect my car.

Great news , still all on track for June , absolutely so exited about the Emira !
No mention though of a few track blasts round Hethel in the price or an option to purchase.

jpizzle

Emira Fan
Reaction score

ah I envy you! when did you place 1st deposit please mate?

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Yes , its extra , I would have paid a lot more !
That doesn't sound right? Car delivery is expensive for the manufacturer to provide, so Factory Collection should be the low cost option surely?!

The £195 should be to cover the cost of the lunch and tour, there are no other costs so what is the other £1000 for!?

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
That doesn't sound right? Car delivery is expensive for the manufacturer to provide, so Factory Collection should be the low cost option surely?!

The £195 should be to cover the cost of the lunch and tour, there are no other costs so what is the other £1000 for!?
The 1000 is a bung to keep the dealers happy

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Exactly,the 1045 is an absolute con,they've got us by the nuts and they know it.

I still feel really sour about this,although as I said previously,the way fuel prices are now,the full tank looks like a bargain

Last edited:

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
For £1k delivery and registration - Lotus can deliver all the way up here in the north of Scotland! For that distance, it’s an absolutely bargain at todays fuel prices!! 😂

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Porsche collection from Stuttgart will cost you £650 for similar (this was pre Brexit... and pick up only no travel inc)
Factory Tour
Visit to the Porsche Museum
Three Course Lunch
Vehicle Hand-over
Full tank of fuel
Factory collection gift.

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Porsche collection from Stuttgart will cost you £650 for similar:
Factory Tour
Visit to the Porsche Museum
Three Course Lunch
Vehicle Hand-over
Full tank of fuel
Factory collection gift.
Most expensive part of the list - Full tank of fuel….. Lotus might soon regret that decision if they do the same!

OP
Bod27

Bod27

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
ah I envy you! when did you place 1st deposit please mate?
Early last year , didn’t know much about car at all , just that there was a new model , deposit paid direct to Jct , then had to get refund and send deposit directly to Lotus . Managed to get a ticket for Goodwood FOS and see the car , was allowed to sit in it with proof of deposit.

Last edited:
OP
Bod27

Bod27

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
With factory pick up did they mention PPE. Would want this installed prior to pick up.
I forgot to ask , probably as I was so excited about a boyhood dream coming true!

OP
Bod27

Bod27

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
No mention though of a few track blasts round Hethel in the price or an option to purchase.
No , but didn’t ask , maybe an add on

Dingo

Reaction score
With factory pick up did they mention PPE. Would want this installed prior to pick up.
I’ve was allocated August delivery yesterday and asked about PPF and told that only local dealers can sort that for us no factory option unfortunately.