• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Your final spec color will be/is not what your first instinctive choice was

Is your final spec color love at first sight??

• Heck YEAH...saw the rest came back to the best

Votes: 28 50.9%
  • Uh NO...love takes time

Votes: 17 30.9%
  • I give up! gonna roll a dice

Votes: 10 18.2%

• Total voters

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have not found many cars where the quality of the wrap is really high. Usually looks rubbery/plasticky.

Maybe I'd consider for certain panels like the black pack equivalent. If you are going to spend 4-5k in a wrap, then wait a bit and order bespoke paint for 8-10k.
Is there a specific product you've seen that didn't give a great finish? I'm specifically looking at ngenco, because there seem to be several certified installers over here in Blighty, and (as best I can understand) it uses actual paint of your choice for the colour component.

I do get where you are coming from on the bespoke paint thing, but an upside of doing a wrap/spray-PPF is that it isn't permanent... which is great if later realise you made a terrible terrible mistake :)

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Is there a specific product you've seen that didn't give a great finish? I'm specifically looking at ngenco, because there seem to be several certified installers over here in Blighty, and (as best I can understand) it uses actual paint of your choice for the colour component.

I do get where you are coming from on the bespoke paint thing, but an upside of doing a wrap/spray-PPF is that it isn't permanent... which is great if later realise you made a terrible terrible mistake :)
I'll ask my friend who wrapped in blue his 993 and unwrapped it about a month later. Maybe he was too picky but certainly felt it was not worth it and lost a tan of $$.

I'm not familiar with the PPF spray option to be honest .

LotusB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think the car looks great in all the colors, but I'm not in love with any of them. The colors aren't really playful enough, they're darker and more serious than I'd like.

For a classy look, I wish Ardent Green were an option. Would be amazing with a tan interior. A few shots of the Evija in that color for reference...
1647277118100.png

1647276959827.png

1647277053567.png

However, for a bolder statement, which I prefer.... I'd probably go with a Venom Green:
1647277209909.png

Since these aren't options, I'm going with the Seneca Blue
1647277321661.png

The yellow would have been a bolder choice, but when I saw it in person it was a lot darker than I expected, no flake or depth to the paint, etc. Then you're forced into the yellow/black bumblebee look... I like it but not in love with it.