I'm back, but different....

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I should have known, because you posted it at such a late hour for your location, that you were waiting until April 1st! I was also like "Damn, got a McLaren AND an Emira to play with at the same time!" I was all happy this morning getting ready to browse the forums knowing that there was a new dawn with Lotus, I guess I'll go back to being sad 😰

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm surprised no one spotted the old Lotus CRAP had been replaced by new Lotus CRAP 🤣

Sadly, there is no Lotus community engagement programme and I'm not an ambassador. Same old same old, the usual radio silence and inconsistencies. Very little contact with deposit holders or new info released. But I am starting to get better info on a few topics and my post earlier about speed limiter/cruise control/ADAS is correct. Not long now and we'll have press drives on production cars, test drives and first customer deliveries. Hang on in there!
Oh, you got us good, you evil sneaker. You went for the soft underbelly and appealed to all our most heartfelt wishes. :ROFLMAO:

you-got-me-good.gif

Thanks for playing along, including all the volunteers to be regional ambassadors - we might be on to something here! I'll respond to the private messages now the cat is out of the bag.

I liked the private messages from Lotus folks saying "I didn't know we had a new community engagement programme, that's excellent". Maybe you can suggest something :)

#ForTheGiggles
I'm throwing my hat in the ring for the as-yet-nonexistent ambassador programme! I have a busy full-time job, but I already steal enough time away from it to muck around on here that I might as well do it properly. I have 20 years of online forum moderation experience, too. :cool:

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, you got me! But seriously.. I was truly excited Lotus was finally about to start listening to us die-hard enthusiasts and now I'm a little let down. 😔

I am glad to hear my V6 FE won't have that ADAS block messing up the front grill though!

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I should have known, because you posted it at such a late hour for your location, that you were waiting until April 1st! I was also like "Damn, got a McLaren AND an Emira to play with at the same time!" I was all happy this morning getting ready to browse the forums knowing that there was a new dawn with Lotus, I guess I'll go back to being sad 😰
Tom always seems to post about 2am, the guy doesn't sleep

Bilko

Reaction score
Have to sneak out of the woodwork after that @TomE, bravo!
Laughed so hard I nearly followed through. The wife asked what’s up, but better not be about that darn car again!
Anyway, hello one and all. Apologies I’ve been lurking for nearly six months. I have a manual V6, red, black pack, ice grey and privacy glass arriving fingers crossed in July. Ordered 1pm ish 9th July at Goodwood.
Again bravo @TomE made my week! 🤣

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Well now that Lotus knows how popular Tom's new position would be in the as yet unannounced ambassador group, maybe they'll decide to make it happen! Wouldn't mind being an ambassador myself. I can help the old people, right after we all take a nap. ;)

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
You win, I've been rumbled!

For the rest of you "gotcha" and Happy April Fool's Day everyone :LOL:

The first part was true about taking a break. But no McLaren, no involvement in the Eletre launch and no playing with the yellow Emira. I've been chuckling all morning - sorry!

I'm surprised no one spotted the old Lotus CRAP had been replaced by new Lotus CRAP 🤣

Sadly, there is no Lotus community engagement programme and I'm not an ambassador. Same old same old, the usual radio silence and inconsistencies. Very little contact with deposit holders or new info released. But I am starting to get better info on a few topics and my post earlier about speed limiter/cruise control/ADAS is correct. Not long now and we'll have press drives on production cars, test drives and first customer deliveries. Hang on in there!

Thanks for playing along, including all the volunteers to be regional ambassadors - we might be on to something here! I'll respond to the private messages now the cat is out of the bag.

I liked the private messages from Lotus folks saying "I didn't know we had a new community engagement programme, that's excellent". Maybe you can suggest something :)

#ForTheGiggles
Wait! What? Seriously? For real, that it wasn't real?

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Well now that Lotus knows how popular Tom's new position would be in the as yet unannounced ambassador group, maybe they'll decide to make it happen! Wouldn't mind being an ambassador myself. I can help the old people, right after we all take a nap. ;)
Never gonna happen...
Small part of me hopes it will, but if it hasn't happened now there are some bigger issues (and egos) at play at Lotus
And that will take some time to play out

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Never gonna happen...
Small part of me hopes it will, but if it hasn't happened now there are some bigger issues (and egos) at play at Lotus
And that will take some time to play out
So this whole thing was right up there with:
Anyone who wants an FE can get one?
Wait for a March update?
Car photos are coming?
( fill in the blank. )

Hodl

Reaction score
Well played. Even played the long-game of being away from the forums to make this more believable :ROFLMAO:

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Having only 'stumbled' on this thread today, I was quite taken up by Tom's post, and thought to myself that it was "about time", but then my hopes were dashed half way down the 2nd page! :LOL:

Welcome back @TomE. I think you did the right thing by taking a break, but now that you are back, I hope we can have the benefit of any insights, thoughts or information as before.

So, is the Hethel Yellow Emira the same spec as what you ordered? Looks fabulous - can't wait to get my hands on mine...

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I wanted to say thank you to the Lotus staff who provided unofficial pictures from the Eletre reveal and so helped me create the illusion of being there. There are many more from behind the scenes and they give some idea of the scale of the event. Here's an example, rehearsing the dance section:

Eletre launch 16.jpg

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Having only 'stumbled' on this thread today, I was quite taken up by Tom's post, and thought to myself that it was "about time", but then my hopes were dashed half way down the 2nd page! :LOL:

Welcome back @TomE. I think you did the right thing by taking a break, but now that you are back, I hope we can have the benefit of any insights, thoughts or information as before.

So, is the Hethel Yellow Emira the same spec as what you ordered? Looks fabulous - can't wait to get my hands on mine...
It's almost identical. The car at the launch had silver exhaust finishers and rear lettering, rather than the full black pack. And it's LHD. But the rest is the same: black pack, diamond cut wheels, black calipers, black leather interior. It does look stunning.

BBC TVC HY Emira 1.jpg