• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Final spec changes after dealer visit

DJW

Emira Fan
Reaction score
So based on configurator and photos shared to date, without seeing the car in the flesh I had narrowed down choice to :-
Yellow, red or nimbus grey​
silver wheels​
solid colour roof​
red leather interior​
leather steering wheel with red nappa inserts​

However today I made the visit to local dealer and saw the car in the flesh, plus car colour samples . Result now is:-
Red is near identical to ”fire red” apart from colour of metallic flake. Great in sunlight but too maroon for me in shade.​
nimbus grey is just a metallic silver, not a crayon grey what I was hoping for​
yellow is not metallic and…..​
the blue looked stunning for me, so I’m going that colour now​
The diamond cut wheels looked better in flesh than configurator​
seeing the car in the flesh I realise the roofline is quite high and I reckon a body colour finish will accentuate this. Now I’m going black pack as optically it does make roofline look lower on bright coloured cars.​
still liked the red leather​
So my final spec will now be :
- V6 FE Auto
- blue
- black pack
- diamond cut wheels
- sports chassis
- cup 2 tyres
- red callipers
- red leather

19696183-D074-4BED-9ACC-7FDCB13D7106.jpeg

Last edited:

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Nice! I love Seneca Blue in certain lighting, but others it looks too baby blue for my tastes (based on photos I've seen at least). I was set on the blue, but now I'm leaning toward Nimbus, but need to see it in person. Roadshow attendees say it looks like a basic silver metallic, but in some videos it looks like it can change from a dark grey to a bright vibrant silver in direct sunlight. Either way, it's nothing like the grey on the configurator! I'll have to wait until December to see samples in person at my US dealer.

boozyjay

Reaction score
So based on configurator and photos shared to date, without seeing the car in the flesh I had narrowed down choice to :-
silver wheels​
solid colour roof​
red leather interior​

However today I made the visit to local dealer and saw the car in the flesh, plus car colour samples . Result now is:-
Red is near identical to ”fire red” apart from colour of metallic flake. Great in sunlight but too maroon for me in shade.​
seeing the car in the flesh I realise the roofline is quite high and I reckon a body colour finish will accentuate this. Now I’m going black pack as optically it does make roofline look lower on bright coloured cars.​
- V6 FE Auto
- blue
- black pack
- diamond cut wheels
- sports chassis
- cup 2 tyres
- red callipers
- red leather

View attachment 743

I agree with you on the Seneca Blue, it looked stunning in the flesh, but I'm sticking with my original spec.
I was toying with yellow at the start and it will also look stunning, but I've gone for the following - probably safer colour option - call it age!

V6 manual
Touring spec
Nimbus Grey
Silver alloys
Red callipers
Red leather interior
Alcantara steering wheel - I'll have the red stitching and red band added later.
Tracker

It's going to be a second car / weekend toy, so I wanted a manual.

OP
D

DJW

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Nimbus with red leather is pure class

uplated my final spec to include the red leather inserts on steering wheel. Once advantage of taking an auto ;)

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
silver wheels​
solid colour roof​
red leather interior​

- V6 FE Auto
- blue
- black pack
- diamond cut wheels
- sports chassis
- cup 2 tyres
- red callipers
- red leather

View attachment 743

I love this as I have been toying with blue/red myself. It's a brave choice but one that could pay off. I think the blue needs to be deep enough to carry it off - a couple of good examples below, although both of these look darker than Seneca blue.
1634024892384.jpeg

1634024906834.png

OP
D

DJW

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The Evora Hethel Edition In blue /red has always been a fave for me, but take your point re darker blues. I’m happy to push the boundaries with Seneca though :LOL:
D844F888-4943-489B-9962-C367F400D326.jpeg

Stormcloud

Reaction score
I love this as I have been toying with blue/red myself. It's a brave choice but one that could pay off. I think the blue needs to be deep enough to carry it off - a couple of good examples below, although both of these look darker than Seneca blue.
View attachment 759
View attachment 760
That Porsche reminds me of finding a very cheap car for sale, only to click on the larger image. The very reverse of re-sale grey, each to their own ofc.

Stormcloud

Reaction score
silver wheels​
solid colour roof​
red leather interior​

- V6 FE Auto
- blue
- black pack
- diamond cut wheels
- sports chassis
- cup 2 tyres
- red callipers
- red leather

View attachment 743

Agree on the roofline, I'm sticking with the very dark green so will not be adding the black roof pack, but if was going for any of the other 4 colours then I would absolutely add the black pack to give the car a lower look. I say 4 colours as nobody would be silly enough to go for the grey, surely?! :unsure:

OP
D

DJW

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Ooooh, can't believe you went there... :rolleyes::LOL:
:D

Have owned 4 V6 Lotus manuals so ticked that box and also 1 auto V6, so seems only fair to try and balance the numbers up a bit ;)

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I posted my blue+red build in the other forum and was laughed at as well. I still think I'm going to go for it. My rationalization is that the blue on the Emira is a pale blue, so it doesn't clash with red as much as a brilliant/deep blue would. Also, Lotus doesn't cover the entire interior with red as Porsche does. The dash and doors get an accent stripe, but that's it. Anyway, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. For now.

weepel

Reaction score
Agree on the roofline, I'm sticking with the very dark green so will not be adding the black roof pack, but if was going for any of the other 4 colours then I would absolutely add the black pack to give the car a lower look. I say 4 colours as nobody would be silly enough to go for the grey, surely?! :unsure:
Me. I'm silly enough 😂The build I sent to my dealer in July was Shadow Grey with the black pack but I haven't seen the car in person yet... I'll need to wait until December before it arrives here in the States. The more photos I see, the more I lean toward the Seneca blue with black pack, as to your point, it looks like the shadow grey is both darker and more metallic than the configurator lets on. I'm interested to hear that perhaps the nimbus grey is less beige than the configurator shows - if it is in fact a "silver," then I'm likely either going seneca blue or nimbus grey with the black pack (probably seneca blue with ice grey interior :cool: )

Can't wait to see photos of the car in any color other than blue and dark grey!

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I actually love the idea of the Superman car. I think I would prefer a slightly darker blue like that shown on the Porsche above. The Seneca blue on Emira looks more like the color in the Superman cartoon, but that looks great with red too. So if the combo speaks to you, go for it!

Reactions: DJW

CanadianEmira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
silver wheels​
solid colour roof​
red leather interior​

- V6 FE Auto
- blue
- black pack
- diamond cut wheels
- sports chassis
- cup 2 tyres
- red callipers
- red leather

View attachment 743

When you say the roofline is “quite high,” how high are we talking? Does it ruin the “junior super car” vibe?

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts