Viewing at Rybrook

boozyjay

Reaction score
Just got back from Rybrook. No point going into real detail as everything's already been said, but the car looks way, way better in the flesh. The photo's don't do it justice. It really is a stunning looking thing and I was quite taken aback. It looks proper planted and is a wide car, it definitely has supercar looks.

It doesn't matter what colour you chose or what combination interior, this will look stunning either way. Looking at the photo's posted beforehand, I didn't think I'd like the Seneca Blue or those two tone diamond cut alloys on the show car, but it looked absolutely amazing. You really can't spec a bad one.

I did mention about the coloured stitching on the Alcantara steering wheel if speccing a manual, and the guy said I wasn't the only one to complain, but it looks like auto only and the impression I got is they aren't going to reverse that decision. He also said servicing schedule was every 12 months / 9000 miles.

I've been racking my brain on the final spec, but I have to say, seeing it now close up in the flesh has made my decision a lot easier as you really can't spec a bad one - just go for it.

Just got back from Rybrook. No point going into real detail as everything's already been said, but the car looks way, way better in the flesh. The photo's don't do it justice. It really is a stunning looking thing and I was quite taken aback. It looks proper planted and is a wide car, it definitely has supercar looks.

It doesn't matter what colour you chose or what combination interior, this will look stunning either way. Looking at the photo's posted beforehand, I didn't think I'd like the Seneca Blue or those two tone diamond cut alloys on the show car, but it looked absolutely amazing. You really can't spec a bad one.

The fact that you have seen all these photos and yet the car still surprised you is awesome. I am not ashamed to admit that the main reason I put down a deposit was due to the Emira's looks. It won't be a daily driver so the extras aren't relevant to me. My hearing is not as good as it used to be so windows down with the 350W Kef is a winner in my book.

The Emira will look good and unique for decades. I had been sold on the green but the thought did cross my mind to just order the blue show car with diamond cut wheels and yellow calipers. It's not what color looks good, its what color do you want! As you said, no bad spec.

I did mention about the coloured stitching on the Alcantara steering wheel if speccing a manual, and the guy said I wasn't the only one to complain, but it looks like auto only and the impression I got is they aren't going to reverse that decision. He also said servicing schedule was every 12 months / 9000 miles.

I've been racking my brain on the final spec, but I have to say, seeing it now close up in the flesh has made my decision a lot easier as you really can't spec a bad one - just go for it.
Well said! That may ease some of the agonising that's been going on in this forum! :ROFLMAO: (although it is a big part of the fun...)

Hi, I’m at Rybrook tomorrow for my viewing. Looking forward to it. How helpful were they?

Last edited:
Hi, I’m at Rybrook tomorrow for my viewing. Looking forward to it. Hope helpful were they?
They we're very helpful and there was plenty of Lotus staff there to answer any questions (well they had Lotus polo shirts on anyway). It wasn't that busy when I got there - about 12.30.

When / if you do sit inside it, the drivers seat is rock hard. They did explain the production seat will be a lot more comfortable!

They we're very helpful and there was plenty of Lotus staff there to answer any questions (well they had Lotus polo shirts on anyway). It wasn't that busy when I got there - about 12.30.

When / if you do sit inside it, the drivers seat is rock hard. They did explain the production seat will be a lot more comfortable!
Sound. I’m a midday appointment as well. Thanks for the ’seat headsup’. I’m not the smallest build 😂 . Is the viewing a general chat, or are they expecting you to start specking up. I’m going / looking for the amg engine so be sometime before i see mine.

It was just a general chat. I just went up to someone and started asking a few questions, they were fine.

It was just a general chat. I just went up to someone and started asking a few questions, they were fine.
👍🏻 . The fact of seeing it in the ‘flesh’ is what its about For me. The fact ‘deposits paid’ for something know one’s driven = says it all…

The first time I saw it, I thought FMe thats nice. Was looking at a 458 twice the price… it’s a second car so fill’s the gap well, plus being unique to other stuff on the road.

👍🏻 . The fact of seeing it in the ‘flesh’ is what its about For me. The fact ‘deposits paid’ for something know one’s driven = says it all…

The first time I saw it, I thought FMe thats nice. Was looking at a 458 twice the price… it’s a second car so fill’s the gap well, plus being unique to other stuff on the road.
Hi, I’m viewing at rybrook tomorrow too. Not sure if there any questions left to ask that haven’t been answered on here, I’m just there to get a good look and sit inside . I’m also after the AMG engine so the wait will be long 😕

I’m due to see it on 21st at Colchester, but one question that I haven’t seen ask as yet, is whether this speed limiting software that is suppose to be mandatory for All vehicles from May 2022 be fitted?

TBH I asked no questions as all covered on this forum. Just wanted to see the car in the flesh which is stunning and then check out colour samples.

I’m due to see it on 21st at Colchester, but one question that I haven’t seen ask as yet, is whether this speed limiting software that is suppose to be mandatory for All vehicles from May 2022 be fitted?
This was the definitive answer from Lotus:

The Speed Limiter, fitted as standard that comes with Cruise Control (also fitted as standard) is the traditional Speed Limiter and it is not the one required by the Regulation (EU) 2019/2144. With this you can set an upper speed limit for when driving through roadworks etc.

Further features such as adaptive cruise control and adaptive speed limiting may be fitted as options later in the model life.

This was the definitive answer from Lotus:

The Speed Limiter, fitted as standard that comes with Cruise Control (also fitted as standard) is the traditional Speed Limiter and it is not the one required by the Regulation (EU) 2019/2144. With this you can set an upper speed limit for when driving through roadworks etc.

Further features such as adaptive cruise control and adaptive speed limiting may be fitted as options later in the model life.
Thanks Tom, very helpful, as always👍
it’s just that I thought that all manufacturers will be required by law to fit the (EU) regulation/software from May 22.
Just trying to get my head around buying a sports car, where potentially some software is controlling performance once on the move.

Thanks Tom, very helpful, as always👍
it’s just that I thought that all manufacturers will be required by law to fit the (EU) regulation/software from May 22.
Just trying to get my head around buying a sports car, where potentially some software is controlling performance once on the move.
I think the requirement is based on date the car first goes on sale. It might be date of type approval. Lotus are comfortable it doesn’t apply to Emira.

Thanks again Tom👍
Am really looking forward to seeing the car in the flesh👍

Hi, I’m viewing at rybrook tomorrow too. Not sure if there any questions left to ask that haven’t been answered on here, I’m just there to get a good look and sit inside . I’m also after the AMG engine so the wait will be long 😕

Could you take a good look at the rear tail lights and come back and describe how they look in person and what your opinion is of them? I am really struggling to think of many other cars that have this unique look. Really appreciate everyone's viewpoint once they see the car!

Some good rear view/tail light comparisons here:

It's rather unique with the C-scroll at each side, so will be quite recognisable from behind. I think that's one example of a "junior supercar" feature? Some vague similarities with the McLaren P1 and Aston Martin Vanquish, Vulcan and One-77 rear lights, which also have scrolls.

I assume you've seen pictures of the lights? They're quite three-dimensional in real life, I'm not sure how obvious that is in photos.

756B74F2-2545-47F8-8E87-130439A03589.jpeg

4F0100DA-2DBE-498F-BAB7-798C95CBF1A8.jpeg

3D675C8F-3725-44C4-8381-456E6ACDB125.jpeg

1D9F9071-93EB-4AC7-94B5-109113AE7F2F.jpeg

C7987858-CAF2-4F02-BF88-ECD39DF221BA.jpeg

That was my wonder @TomE whether or not they are three dimensional. The pictures make them appear to be but, you know, that's in a picture. In my opinion none of the cars you mentioned or in the attachment come close to the uniqueness of the Lotus. The car is subtly outlandishly stunning and blended like an art piece. Those tail lights are one of the first things I will be anxious to see in person. Seeing that tail light on at night from the side will be very very unique.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob
I agree, very unique and will look amazing at night. On a practical note, the rear lights and several other features look like they are going to be fiddly to clean!