Would appreciate advice from the group……

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Joined
Aug 7, 2021
Messages
510
Reaction score
490
Location
Charlottesville
Hi everyone.
Last week I learned of a new Evora for sale that matches my preferred specification for the Emira, with the exception of interior color being black instead of tan. Also, it’s a 2+2 instead of 2+0. Otherwise it’s the right color, V6/auto….a fully loaded Evora. Moreover, I’ve always loved the Evora styling, with the exception of the front bumper styling of the later American spec cars, which looks a bit incongruous with the otherwise curvaceous body of Evora. It got me to thinking that without the tech originally represented as part of Emira, there doesn’t seem to be that much difference between a FE Emira and a well appointed Evora GT. In short, I’m considering buying the Evora and deferring my Emira purchase until the I4/DCT version is available. After all, I already feel like I’m going to wait until late 2022 or even into 2023 for a V6 FE here in the US, so what’s a little longer when presumably additional choice will be available. However, I don’t want to take a huge hit on the Evora if I buy it, and the current asking price is more than the price of a V6 FE Emira. While the seller says there’s some room in the Evora price, I don’t know precisely what that means. Will the Evora hold its value after Emira starts being delivered? Or will its value decline as happens for most any other model being replaced by a newer one? Let’s face it, Evora has not sold well in the USA and I understand has been heavily discounted in prior years when the new year model comes out. Why would that be any different when Emira starts shipping? So I guess I’m asking folks, what would you do?

1. Pass on the Evora unless I can get a substantial discount (to hedge against decline in value), and wait for the Emira V6 FE, accepting that things I hoped would be included won’t be?
2. Pass on the Evora and wait for the Emira I truly want without having to make any compromises?
3. Buy the Evora and pass on the Emira FE altogether because the cars are mechanically very similar and there is no need to own both.
4. Buy the Evora and keep my priority position to buy a FE V6 Emira when I can?
5. Buy the Evora and defer execution of my priority slot until a first edition I4 or own spec car is obtainable?
6. Buy the Evora and wait even longer for an Emira that has the tech features that I want and can be truly personalized?
7. If both cars are purchased, keep both vs sell Evora when Emira come along?

Any other combos? I really don’t want to take a bath on Evora. People smarter than me I hope can provide better insights and forecasting of the Evora market once Emira hits the market for real. I could really use everyone’s help thinking through the options. First world problems are such a pain…hahah.

Thanks in advance for your input.
 

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Joined
Oct 18, 2021
Messages
1,056
Reaction score
2,003
Location
Texas, USA
4. I may be one of the only ones that can say this because I did it/am doing it too. :)

Got the ‘18 Evora in a similar spec to what the Emira will be for me.

I think it’ll be a wash and worth even a small loss even just to have the car for 6-12 months.
 

SemiF19

Active member
Joined
Nov 25, 2021
Messages
36
Reaction score
48
Location
California
I love the Evora. Been admiring that car for a long time and I absolutely understand your position. I don't think the Emira is light years ahead. There is an Evora GT I absolutely love for sale within a couple of hours of my home.........but, and this is a big one......the price is $10k more than my fully loaded Emira so for that alone it's a no go for me. If it was discounted I would absolutely think about getting that car, but at a higher price than the newest model it's a no way for me.
 

DJW

Emira Fan
Joined
Sep 29, 2021
Messages
183
Reaction score
402
Location
UK
Not knowing the US market, I would say 1). If the Evora isn’t that popular over there then people will see it as the last model vs Emira . Great cars though
 

Magma

Emira Fiend
Joined
Aug 5, 2021
Messages
550
Reaction score
627
Location
Benton City WA
I absolutely feel your pain (but switch Evora for F-type). I actually have an F-type on order and need to make up my mind by the end of the month whether I want to take the Jag and wait on the Emira or just let it go and wait for the Emira.
Same concerns as you. I don't want to take a huge depreciation hit when I trade it in for the Emira in a couple years. It's inevitable.
I've been battling with the decision since Sept and I still don't know what to do as every day I go back and forth. It's a super tough decision and ultimately, I think we just need to rip the bandaid off and go with our hearts.
My dream is to drive the Jag for a couple years and then get the Emira. The reality is that I don't want to lose $30k on it. If only we could see the future.

Sorry I can't offer any help except to say that I completely understand what you are going through and it's put me into some of the highest anxiety I've ever had (sad but true).
 

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Joined
Aug 29, 2021
Messages
1,112
Reaction score
1,423
Location
USA
I actually don't want the car until later so all these delays are great for me! My dealer pretty much told me to expect a car in 2023. But for the OP I say get the Evora now. Unfortunately no one knows when these Emiras will be ready. It could easily be spring or summer 2023. With all the global disruptions who knows. Being anxious about delivery of ANY car is not a good place to be in this current market.
 
OP
M

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Joined
Aug 7, 2021
Messages
510
Reaction score
490
Location
Charlottesville
  • Thread Starter
  • Thread starter
  • #7
Thanks everyone! I reached out to the Evora owner to start a dialogue. I think I may go with it if the price is reasonable. Life is short, and I was reminded of this on Monday when my mom passed away. Perhaps it’s not smart to defer ones joys as much as we do. Don’t want to make bad decisions while emotional, but I think this might be good for me.
 

Magma

Emira Fiend
Joined
Aug 5, 2021
Messages
550
Reaction score
627
Location
Benton City WA
Thanks everyone! I reached out to the Evora owner to start a dialogue. I think I may go with it if the price is reasonable. Life is short, and I was reminded of this on Monday when my mom passed away. Perhaps it’s not smart to defer ones joys as much as we do. Don’t want to make bad decisions while emotional, but I think this might be good for me.

So sorry to hear about the loss of your mother...
 

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Joined
Oct 31, 2021
Messages
1,113
Reaction score
2,493
Location
Bilbao (Spain)
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks everyone! I reached out to the Evora owner to start a dialogue. I think I may go with it if the price is reasonable. Life is short, and I was reminded of this on Monday when my mom passed away. Perhaps it’s not smart to defer ones joys as much as we do. Don’t want to make bad decisions while emotional, but I think this might be good for me.
my condolences for your mother loss.

I am also thinking of getting a 2019 Evora 410 Sport with 6000 Kms while I wait for the Emira if the price is right.
 

TomE

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Aug 10, 2021
Messages
6,427
Reaction score
14,621
Location
Surrey, UK
Emira Status
Emira on order
Sorry to hear about your loss @Mike-engel . While grieving I hope you can recall happy memories and those give you some comfort. I hope you have family and friends around to give support. If chatting to some random guy off the internet would help then drop me a line.

Likewise if you want any advice on the Evora decision. Personally I'd try to strike a decent deal on the Evora and keep my place in the Emira V6 FE queue, then review the situation in Feb when reviews are available and there's more info on i4 and non-FE. I think Evoras will continue to be rare and popular so prices should be OK, and if you decide to defer to a later Emira you can just enjoy the Evora for longer. With a two year wait for an Emira if you place a deposit today, lots of people are discovering the Evora as an interim alternative.
 

digilotus

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Nov 12, 2021
Messages
1,904
Reaction score
3,861
Location
Australia
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My condolences for your loss @Mike-engel. I lost my mum last year myself and it was tough. Stay strong and hang in there! Our thoughts are with you and your family at this most difficult time.
 

Similar threads

Top