• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

❓ QUESTION Will a single garage house the Emira?

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
First World problems I know, but due to a house move this year there is the risk that i go from a current double garage to a potential single garage,which is not ideal I know Unfortunately most houses nowadays have these silly little pointless garages.

I highly doubt it, but does anyone believe a single garage size could fit a Lotus Emira?

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Depends on the size of the garage. If it's an older home, those garages were tiny because the cars back then were smaller. Do you know the size of the garage? Getting in and out of the car my be your biggest challenge.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a small detached single garage and it'll fit the Emira just fine. I measured it exactly and there's actually plenty of room. Don't forget the Emira comes with power folding mirrors which help too!

Ian C

Reaction score
Glad to hear others are thinking about this. I managed to get my Exige 350 in my single garage . The Emira is longer but that should be fine as my single garage is 5200 , the issue is can I get out of it when it is in. It is going to be tight , the spec says is 4413mm long by 2092 wide ( 1892 with mirrors folded) . I have 2496 width garage . It sounds like a small issue but garaging, or not, can impact on insurance costs, need for a tracker etc and also , I want to keep it looking pristine . I think it will be very tight

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Glad to hear others are thinking about this. I managed to get my Exige 350 in my single garage . The Emira is longer but that should be fine as my single garage is 5200 , the issue is can I get out of it when it is in. It is going to be tight , the spec says is 4413mm long by 2092 wide ( 1892 with mirrors folded) . I have 2496 width garage . It sounds like a small issue but garaging, or not, can impact on insurance costs, need for a tracker etc and also , I want to keep it looking pristine . I think it will be very tight
Wow, that IS going to be tight.

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Like for like including mirrors, how much wider is the Emira compared to the Evora? I’m thinking 2” but that’s based on some imprecise googling.

Wolfram

Emira Fan
Reaction score
So if you absolutely ram it up against the passenger-side wall, you've got 604 mm for your body + the thickness of the interior and exterior door to get out of the car? With the depth the sculpted side intake contributes.... I would say unfortunately no chance.

Carbuilder

Emira Fan
Reaction score
First World problems I know, but due to a house move this year there is the risk that i go from a current double garage to a potential single garage,which is not ideal I know Unfortunately most houses nowadays have these silly little pointless garages.

I highly doubt it, but does anyone believe a single garage size could fit a Lotus Emira?
Seriously?!?! How the heck would anyone know this? You want people to guess the size of your garage and then tell you if they think it will fit?

Yes, it will fit perfectly. You will have exactly 4.24’ of extra space on the sides and 2.53’ at the front, so you will not have any issues.

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Having lived in houses with single garages built as part of the house design from the 1970's to 2010

I'd say no chance until 2000's as cars were smaller before then. The worse offender was my first house I bought in the 1990's from new by David Wilson homes. I had a BMW 3 series E36 and couldn't open the driver's side door. @Carbuilder makes a valid point, I can only think you hadn't bought the house yet

OP
Lots_Of_Trouble

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Seriously?!?! How the heck would anyone know this? You want people to guess the size of your garage and then tell you if they think it will fit?

Yes, it will fit perfectly. You will have exactly 4.24’ of extra space on the sides and 2.53’ at the front, so you will not have any issues.
If you're from the UK then the question is straight forward and simple, standard single garage sizes,can you actually get out once the car is in?

As I clearly articulated I'm going from a double garage which is easy to pote tially a single which I haven't had before,so how is that irrational to ask that??

OP
Lots_Of_Trouble

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Having lived in houses with single garages built as part of the house design from the 1970's to 2010

I'd say no chance until 2000's as cars were smaller before then. The worse offender was my first house I bought in the 1990's from new by David Wilson homes. I had a BMW 3 series E36 and couldn't open the driver's side door. @Carbuilder makes a valid point, I can only think you hadn't bought the house yet
Even the new builds look ridiculously small,hence why I was asking, looks like its double or nothing 😅

OP
Lots_Of_Trouble

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
May need to push out a wall on the driver's side and build an Emira access extension for the garage. I can't think of a more worthy reason hehe.
😁 you joke but I would actually do this,with a glass wall into the house/garden to have it on full display(internally)