• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

What is your Emira's purpose?

What people are buying the Emira for?

• Total voters

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
But what leaves you on the side of the road? (Usually)

In my experience it’s electrics - sensors, wiring loom, ignition/HT circuit, ECU, starter motor etc - rather than engine or mechanicals.

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
In my experience it’s electrics - sensors, wiring loom, ignition/HT circuit, ECU, starter motor etc - rather than engine or mechanicals.
Really Tom I didn’t wanna hear that:)
see the c8 owner watch in amazement as Nigel saves the day with some door bell wire and orange wire nuts
cbhnC4E.jpg

Last edited:

motorpool

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Lol, same here. I voted for everything except daily driver. Is it still a garage queen if I pull her out in the morning just so I can stare at it in my driveway? 😂
What is it classified if I pull it out just so the neighborhood kids can drool and then post a tiktok compilation of the videos :-0

Emirahep

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Everything apart from daily driver and track toy, but I’ll do 1-2 track days to experience the high speed handling.

The overall purpose is “miles of smiles”.
I have lost track - are you getting one now Tom ? I thought you were out ?

Aero

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Occasional driver car.
Also
Pain and patience teaching device: Constant delays and terrible communication in what had hoped would be a great experience (in ordering a new car) :p

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I have lost track - are you getting one now Tom ? I thought you were out ?
I have deferred to Base Edition. That meant cancelling my FE order (car built in Dec) and placing a new deposit, which then got moved into the Base queue. The side effect of that is my original deposit date of April 2021 got erased, but I’m in the first 100 for V6 Base and build is currently forecast to be sometime in Q1 2024 and that suits me fine.

I also have a deposit in against a GT version if that goes ahead. Once they announce Base specs and pricing I’ll make a decision on which route to go.

I’m enjoying the GT430 Evora and S1 Exige in 2023 in the meantime, with plenty of adventures planned.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I have deferred to Base Edition. That meant cancelling my FE order (car built in Dec) and placing a new deposit, which then got moved into the Base queue. The side effect of that is my original deposit date of April 2021 got erased, but I’m in the first 100 for V6 Base and build is currently forecast to be sometime in Q1 2024 and that suits me fine.

I also have a deposit in against a GT version if that goes ahead. Once they announce Base specs and pricing I’ll make a decision on which route to go.

I’m enjoying the GT430 Evora and S1 Exige in 2023 in the meantime, with plenty of adventures planned.
I'm so jealous - my CA dealers is not well versed on future versions and will only take a deposit on the GT4...I tried to explain but to no avail .

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Did you sell your other Evora?
I’ve put it into storage temporarily. It needs some work on the gearbox but the parts are on back order with no due date. Once that’s fixed I’ll probably sell it.

I had thought the GT430 might just be an itch to scratch until an Emira, but after 3 weeks I think it’s clear it’s a keeper.

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The side effect of that is my original deposit date of April 2021 got erased
As some of us unfortunately know, that became irrelevant long before you moved queue.

I also have a deposit in against a GT version
Where do you have this deposit Tom?
Nothing about any “GT” is official so I assume there’s no queue to join at Lotus.

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I think the base Emira is down right inexpensive. How does it show great wealth?
now this
c4rI8xn.jpg
I’m with @ADC on this one :) I’ll be giving it the big one in my wanna be a Ferrari, on my 4 mile city commute to the office, when mine eventually arrives :cool:

It might not be a “proper” supercar but it sure looks like one. There’s a new Mclaren that parks in my compound. It’s nice and I bet it cost an absolute fortune (here in China supercars are obscenely expensive), but it don’t look as good as an Emira IMPO.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Where do you have this deposit Tom?
Nothing about any “GT” is official so I assume there’s no queue to join at Lotus.
It’s in the V6 FE queue but every time I’m asked to confirm spec I delay it. Lotus have said when a new variant is announced I can move the deposit into the relevant queue, so in principle it could go into Base or S or GT.

Reactions: KJD

FrenchBred

Reaction score
It’s in the V6 FE queue but every time I’m asked to confirm spec I delay it. Lotus have said when a new variant is announced I can move the deposit into the relevant queue, so in principle it could go into Base or S or GT.
I've just been told the same, can't transfer deposit yet, have to wait until BE configuration goes live. Presumably soon 😵‍💫

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes a Lotus “soon”, so already delayed 4 times and could be sometime this year.