• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

What is your Emira's purpose?

What people are buying the Emira for?

• Total voters

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I don't really see how the Emira can be a daily driver, but that's just me. Can you, yes -- should you? Idk.
I guess it depends if you conflate "daily driver" with "grocery-getting beater". I fully intend to drive it as my main car (which is what I'd call a "daily driver"), unless I need to haul more than one passenger. I'm in the mostly-work-from-home crowd, so getting out for a drive needs to be interesting and fun, even if the purpose of the trip is mundane.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I don't really see how the Emira can be a daily driver, but that's just me. Can you, yes -- should you? Idk.
It was a key part of the Emira design brief and why all those comfort, ease of use and new technology elements have been included.

You probably also want excellent reliability, a decent dealer network and good aftersales support for a daily driver too. If your second/third car breaks down and needs trailering 3 hours to be fixed you can cope more easily than if it's your only car.

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
How about me the empty nester who would drive it to the marina, his little retirement side hustle and to LA every summer?
example: today I went to the bagel store, gas station and lowes.

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I feel like "Gaudy symbol of wealth and virility" should be an option. What? No? Just me then? :awkward:
I think the base Emira is down right inexpensive. How does it show great wealth?
now this
c4rI8xn.jpg

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think the base Emira is down right inexpensive. How does it show great wealth?
Well, it shows you can either cough up that much cash at once, or afford 10% finance rates 😅

Sure it isn't in the same league as some other stuff, but it isn't exactly a Kia either. Mainly I just threw wealth in there as it seemed a natural pairing with signalling Manly Manliness ™️

(also, what is this "base" model you speak of, and when can you get one? I call shenanigans)

Last edited:

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Well, it shows you can either cough up that much cash at once, or afford 10% finance rates 😅

(also, what is this "base" model you speak of, and when can you get one? I call shenanigans)
Lol. Feel the same about buying this?
bnk8eUo.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: ADC

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am getting mine as a daily driver, and also for automatic admission to the core area of all cars and coffee events for the next two years following delivery.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It’s gonna be part of my break in. Going my first weekend. Maybe detour to Marion while I’m at it.
7qi5wPa.jpg
Yea it's going to be skyline drive for me. There is also a lot of twisty roads on the east side of the Shenandoah Valley with interesting elevation changes, tying together a mesh of wineries and breweries. VA wine is overrated, but driving the roads with an Emira will make the trip worthwhile.

Ryder

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It appears there may be 3 Emira's at Katies Cars & Coffee as I am 25 min. away.

OP
OneThreeOne

OneThreeOne

Reaction score

VTECMatt

Reaction score
Fortunately live on one of the best b roads in England, live near the Borders and go up to Scotland multiple times of the year so;

1. B Roads
2. Track warrior

Track warrior, I hope to get back on track, my lad is 13 and karts and a petrolhead in the making so will take him the Nurburgring as soon as I get it. At 47 I feel I need a more comfortable car and hope this car ticks the GT and fun track car box 👌

Ryder

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The posts have shifted to a more local gathering focus? Sounds awesome! Should we split the thread to get better dialogue for others who would also like to contribute? Easier so things don't get buried for those that don't frequent the forum that often as others.
For those in the DMV area plus others your idea has merit.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
You probably also want excellent reliability, a decent dealer network and good aftersales support for a daily driver too. If your second/third car breaks down and needs trailering 3 hours to be fixed you can cope more easily than if it's your only car.
This is exactly why I don’t think it’s a daily driver.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This is exactly why I don’t think it’s a daily driver.
I guess it all depends on how many other cars you have. If you can have one car only and it had to be a daily driver, then this is definitely a concern. But for me, there are other cars in the house that I can use. So in case the Lotus needs service, I can drive one of the backup vehicles. I daily drove a Maserati for six years, the Lotus can't be worse that that.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
It was a key part of the Emira design brief and why all those comfort, ease of use and new technology elements have been included.

You know it sounds like the need for a new thread, Aftersales support - hasn’t it been positive so far?