• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

OMG it's here. I'm almost in shock. Despite years of looking at every picture, video, and studying it in my 3D program, they just don't do it justice. Unfortunately it's heavy overcast right now and threatening rain, so it's in the garage, but as soon as the sun comes out I'm taking it out!

This is the guy who delivered it. He'd just backed it out off the truck.

View attachment 42529Congratulations!!! Beautiful car!!!

Quick question to experienced lotus members.

I just got my lotus emira and I have no idea which gas I should put. I live in California so I thought 91 gas should be okay so i filled one tank with 91 from just regular gas station but someone from other thread is recommend to put octane? Please hlep~~ 🙏 🙏

Long time lurker here. This will be interesting to keep track of because I finalized my order for my FE2.0 (V6 Manual) with Boardwalk back in Jan 2024. Was told to expect my car to be delivered Jan 2025. Would Lotus start V6 auto production before V6 Manual FE are done?
That's a different timeline than what I got when I finalized at the end of Dec 2023 (V6 manual). I was told 4 months to production and 6-7 months for delivery. Not really surprised at this as murky communication appears to a be a Lotus hallmark. No word yet on a VIN or if the car has shipped, but I saw a post recently from a Dec 2023 finalizer that their car was in shipping. I'm not in a rush for delivery, but I would really prefer it to be delivered before this winter.

V6 auto production does appear to be happening now. I wonder if my build may have to wait out a v6 auto production run at this point. However, I feel this is unlikely as they can probably produce both transmission types at the same time.

That's a different timeline than what I got when I finalized at the end of Dec 2023 (V6 manual). I was told 4 months to production and 6-7 months for delivery. Not really surprised at this as murky communication appears to a be a Lotus hallmark. No word yet on a VIN or if the car has shipped, but I saw a post recently from a Dec 2023 finalizer that their car was in shipping. I'm not in a rush for delivery, but I would really prefer it to be delivered before this winter.

V6 auto production does appear to be happening now. I wonder if my build may have to wait out a v6 auto production run at this point. However, I feel this is unlikely as they can probably produce both transmission types at the same time.
I'm right there with you. The communication has been quite poor so I'm taking everything that I have been told with a grain of salt. As a late depositor, (May 2023) my wait hasn't been as long, so I'll have a bit more patience to take a "it will get here when it gets here" approach.

Mine allegedly is slated to be built in either June/July but at this point I don't even think that is going to happen.

Last edited:
Quick question to experienced lotus members.

I just got my lotus emira and I have no idea which gas I should put. I live in California so I thought 91 gas should be okay so i filled one tank with 91 from just regular gas station but someone from other thread is recommend to put octane? Please hlep~~ 🙏 🙏
91 is correct, unless you have 93 available to you, but if you don't 91 is fine.

Thank you very much for your comment. Car feels like lost some torque so I thought I made a mistake by putting in 91.

I wondered about the panel too. It definitely looks to be sticking out a bit where it ends in a point. Could someone post a photo of their access panel for comparison? Thanks.
That's not the access panel, it's the fender lower edge exposed. It's supposed to be covered by the bumper, which appears completely displaced in your photo.

On my own car, for comparison of how these pieces fit together:
1000035120.jpg

I took this photo to document the small amount of condensation in the headlamp assembly, which has now disappeared. But it's useful to show the "normal" panel alignment.

Here's a wider view, for context. Note the lack of panel gaps in this area.
1000034590.jpg

Don't take delivery of that car without all of the issues being resolved first. Please trust me on this, I was once a dealership service manager.

Last edited:
That's not the access panel, it's the fender lower edge exposed. It's supposed to be covered by the bumper, which appears completely displaced in your photo.

On my own car, for comparison of how these pieces fit together:
View attachment 44346

I took this photo to document the small amount of condensation in the headlamp assembly, which has now disappeared. But it's useful to show the "normal" panel alignment.

Here's a wider view, for context. Note the lack of panel gaps in this area.
View attachment 44348

Don't take delivery of that car without all of the issues being resolved first. Please trust me on this, I was once a dealership service manager.
Thanks for the photos and your sage advice. Of course I’m anxious to get my car, but I want it to be right too. I just hope it’s days to fix. Not weeks or months!

Heads up, fellow depositors. A bunch of you should be contacted soon by your dealer that your car has landed in North America.

The Atlantic Star arrived in Baltimore with a load of Emiras. I deduced my car is aboard, after my dealer informed me on May 14th that mine was on the water, several hours after the Star departed Liverpool.

Initial deposit August 2022; finalized order in December 2023 for a V6 manual FE V2.0. My nearly two year wait is coming to and end. Exciting!

Any idea when the manifest w/VINs is publicly available? Safe to say our man @Nova is still a more reliable source of information on this topic than the dealers?

Notified on 5/15 car is on the water (Glenview IL). Build placed December 15th 2023 (one of the add on FE2 allocations that a number of dealers seemed to get in December).

Any idea when the manifest w/VINs is publicly available? Safe to say our man @Nova is still a more reliable source of information on this topic than the dealers?

Notified on 5/15 car is on the water (Glenview IL). Build placed December 15th 2023 (one of the add on FE2 allocations that a number of dealers seemed to get in December).
Nothing shows up yet. Might need to check back tomorrow.

If you've taken delivery, but haven't taken a minute to complete the delivery tracker...please do so now. I just made my entry...picked up my Emira Friday! We're very close to 100 entries. Link in my signature.

1716744186716.png

I don't know if this is a record, but I picked up my Emira Friday and drove 868 miles within the first 24 hours...all flawless! Almost knocked out the entire break-in period. Don't worry, I researched and followed proper break-in process, so what would normally be a 12-hour trip actually took 14 hours.

PXL_20240524_190202666.jpg

PXL_20240524_202721655.jpg
Emira 868 miles day 1.jpg

I don't know if this is a record, but I picked up my Emira Friday and drove 868 miles within the first 24 hours...all flawless! Almost knocked out the entire break-in period. Don't worry, I researched and followed proper break-in process, so what would normally be a 12-hour trip actually took 14 hours.

View attachment 44397
View attachment 44398View attachment 44407
Now THAT'S dedication lol. I've had mine just over 2 weeks and I only have 276 miles on it because our weather here as been totally wacky. I refuse to drive my car in the rain or when it's wet outside; at least at this point. I don't want gray road grime all over it. Today it's clear skies and sunny, so I'm going out for a drive.

Congrats man!

Now THAT'S dedication lol. I've had mine just over 2 weeks and I only have 276 miles on it because our weather here as been totally wacky. I refuse to drive my car in the rain or when it's wet outside; at least at this point. I don't want gray road grime all over it. Today it's clear skies and sunny, so I'm going out for a drive.

Congrats man!
Thanks. I don't know if it was dedication. I needed to get back for a beach week and when I was informed the car was ready, it was just the best option I could figure out.

Gave it a quick wash today to get rid of the road grime...there was plenty after 868 miles! I could not have asked for better driving weather though. Not too hot, not too cold, not too sunny, only a light rain the last hour of the drive...even less construction than I'm used to the past few years.

Try Hegarty and leave 18 yr old off the policy?
Here in Canada, Hagerty force my 18 year old from occasional driver on one our two cars to a primary driver on my collector car, a $9000 incremental premium on a 32 year old car with a value of $20k. I’m not happy with hagerty. I thought collector or not daily driven cars would get us around these silly rules. I will have to cancel my deposit on the Lotus and give up my dream until my kids are 25 and have their own policy.

Here in Canada, Hagerty force my 18 year old from occasional driver on one our two cars to a primary driver on my collector car, a $9000 incremental premium on a 32 year old car with a value of $20k. I’m not happy with hagerty. I thought collector or not daily driven cars would get us around these silly rules. I will have to cancel my deposit on the Lotus and give up my dream until my kids are 25 and have their own policy.
Can't you open two policies?

This is going to be incredibly specific, but has anyone experienced buying a new car then moving to a new state in 1-2 months?

My current research tells me I need to pay sales tax and registration on the state I take delivery on (CA) then I have to pay use tax and registration on the state I'm moving to (WA). Does that seem about right? Anything I'm missing?