USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
And then existing owners cheer it on because their car is rare, even though it’s in the shop for 3 months because of wiring harness or ecu issues.
Not if you buy the Two battery edition! 😀

haaaake

Reaction score
This is what I was told by dealer in Bay Area today. Is it accurate? Who he fuck knows. Probably the 3rd time I have been told this with different dates swapped in. To be fair my dealer has been pretty open and sharing info whenever they have it available. And are just as frustrated as I am at this point.

"The US spec vehicles start production 1/2/2024. First vehicles arrive March 2024. Will receive 2-5 per month after March till year end. When the order banks open up your #2 on ordering, meaning you’ll order in Feb 2024 and receive vehicle May-June 2024."

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This is what I was told by dealer in Bay Area today. Is it accurate? Who he fuck knows. Probably the 3rd time I have been told this with different dates swapped in. To be fair my dealer has been pretty open and sharing info whenever they have it available. And are just as frustrated as I am at this point.

"The US spec vehicles start production 1/2/2024. First vehicles arrive March 2024. Will receive 2-5 per month after March till year end. When the order banks open up your #2 on ordering, meaning you’ll order in Feb 2024 and receive vehicle May-June 2024."
Can you clarify which units were discussed?
FE 1.0 were supposed to be made beginning July for 4Q delivery.
FE 2.0 were supposedly priority manufacturing in 4Q for 1Q delivery.
I4 FE were supposedly being produced in 1Q 2024 onward.
Base Edition configuration anticipated live 1Q.
What can we believe?
Anyone?

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I agree, and not like it matters much to Lotus or anyone here, but if we go into 2024 with nothing delivered I'll be pulling my deposit
Hell that statement from before wasn't even delivered it was production not even starting until 2024, add a few months to that for delivery.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

This makes complete sense to me. The idea they would build them and store them for months just did not make sense. Also 1,300 Emira's or so for N/A is about 3 months of production. All V6 F/E's will be delivered by mid summer 2024, just in time for the base configurator to come online. I would imagine i4 F/E to start arriving soon after. In fact I think US market will receive the very last of the V6 F/E's. Base configurator will be up for UK Q1 2024 my estimate. At this point I would prefer it this way.

motorpool

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@GatorMotorsport Do you have any info to validate or counter this statement: ""The US spec vehicles start production 1/2/2024. First vehicles arrive March 2024. Will receive 2-5 per month after March till year end. When the order banks open up your #2 on ordering, meaning you’ll order in Feb 2024 and receive vehicle May-June 2024."

Only ask because you are the only real source of information that has been accurate that we can depend on.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
If they start production on 1/2/2024, an oddly specific date, will they be MY2025 cars?

2BIG2FAIL

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
2024 first US delivery is absolute jokes. Even if it is the case, I am still in it for now, pretty much until I get frustrated enough with Lotus and a Cayman allocation comes up with no markup.

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Maybe we can get a group discount. Just tore my left one a few weeks ago. Don’t want to be Debbie Downer but the recovery is wretched (did my right one a few years back).

I think I'm with you.
i hope the folks at my dealership feel the exact same way. After the FE confirmed folks I’m still 100 down the queue. Let’s hope they add a mandatory additional deposit “to confirm your order is genuine”; that’ll move me up 🤠

I deposited in 2022 with a very real expectation of taking delivery by Q2 2025.

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
2024 first US delivery is absolute jokes. Even if it is the case, I am still in it for now, pretty much until I get frustrated enough with Lotus and a Cayman allocation comes up with no markup.
I do hear ya there however. Hey @ Tom E - how have you found that 12C? With an extended warranty I could be swayed.

SmallerBaller

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I agree, and not like it matters much to Lotus or anyone here, but if we go into 2024 with nothing delivered I'll be pulling my deposit
It would be one thing if they were super reliable so far or the performance numbers really wowed me, but waiting through my 26th, 27th, and approaching my 28th birthday would be it. Lost way too much time on this already, and I could have had any car given to me and sat in the shop awaiting repairs by now lol. One more delay and I am most likely buying an NSX.

P.S. The resale values arent exactly blowing me away currently, maybe if I regretted my decision I could just swoop up one second hand down the road for less.

haaaake

Reaction score
I don’t see how my order wouldn’t be a FE V6 1.0. Deposit placed in July 2021, order put into lotus officially May 2022. Not that any of that shit even matters anymore none of those original dates ever meant anything anyway.

haaaake

Reaction score
@GatorMotorsport Do you have any info to validate or counter this statement: ""The US spec vehicles start production 1/2/2024. First vehicles arrive March 2024. Will receive 2-5 per month after March till year end. When the order banks open up your #2 on ordering, meaning you’ll order in Feb 2024 and receive vehicle May-June 2024."

Only ask because you are the only real source of information that has been accurate that we can depend on.

Yes agreed. Would like to see what they know also. My dealer has been open sharing any info they get from Lotus but hard to believe anything now since they have continued to just tell us lies.

None of the numbers or anything mean anything to me anymore. If production really is delayed until 2024 they are going to lose so many orders. And if they don’t give us any real information that will include my own.

On the other hand I would imagine any QC issues will probably be pretty well sorted so I guess at least the US will probably get the nicest cars if we ever get any at all.

haaaake

Reaction score
This has sort of been my position as well. Want to hang onto my deposit now just to call their bluff haha. These cars might end up being rare here because they don’t really seem to want to make them for what will probably be their largest market.

What blows my mind is just the absolute lack of respect to a large group of people and especially to their dealers.

morphious

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I don’t see how my order wouldn’t be a FE V6 1.0. Deposit placed in July 2021, order put into lotus officially May 2022. Not that any of that shit even matters anymore none of those original dates ever meant anything anyway.
Do you have an email from LotusCarsUSA titled something like this: Lotus Emira Order Entry: Approved Entry for ID######? My order was submitted 5/14/2022 and confirmed on 5/16/2022. If you were actually able to place an order with Lotus than you should have a locked 1.0 build as no other orders have been placed as far as I am aware.

haaaake

Reaction score
Do you have an email from LotusCarsUSA titled something like this: Lotus Emira Order Entry: Approved Entry for ID######? My order was submitted 5/14/2022 and confirmed on 5/16/2022. If you were actually able to place an order with Lotus than you should have a locked 1.0 build as no other orders have been placed as far as I am aware.
Yep my order was confirmed 5/20/2022.