USA/Canada Delivery Thread

After 2 days of compromised sleep (too much anticipation), D-Day finally happened, and I gotta say... 2.5 years was worth the wait. I can't tell if I'm in a dream or in love, maybe both. Chose a day/time to avoid the rain, so naturally the first drops landed on the windshield the moment I pulled out of the dealership - ended up driving 3 hours through the thick of it back to Maryland. Needs a wash already! That said, big shout out to Ray and Adelson at Lotus of North Jersey. They went out of their way to make the delivery and the customer feel special, with a covered reveal, questions answered, and a proactive walkthrough of the things I should know about the car, i.e. trunk closure challenge, etc.

The car is a dream to drive and a real head turner. Two not-so-great things: There's a slight rattling in low gears at low RPM - anyone know what thats about? Also, there were 2 times where the hill assist felt "sticky," where I'd try to get away but it didn't disengage quickly enough.

Attaching a few photos while I sit in my garage and admire the eye candy. Cheers!
Congrats! If the rattling sounds like marbles in a tin can from 1-2k rpm, then it's normal. It's flywheel chatter from the lightweight flywheel that's located essentially right behind the driver's seat.

Also, there were 2 times where the hill assist felt "sticky," where I'd try to get away but it didn't disengage quickly enough.
talked about here.

I reported it to Ray immediately and hope that new software fixes it the next time I'm in Summit. other owners have reported that the software fix is effective.

After 2 days of compromised sleep (too much anticipation), D-Day finally happened, and I gotta say... 2.5 years was worth the wait. I can't tell if I'm in a dream or in love, maybe both. Chose a day/time to avoid the rain, so naturally the first drops landed on the windshield the moment I pulled out of the dealership - ended up driving 3 hours through the thick of it back to Maryland. Needs a wash already! That said, big shout out to Ray and Adelson at Lotus of North Jersey. They went out of their way to make the delivery and the customer feel special, with a covered reveal, questions answered, and a proactive walkthrough of the things I should know about the car, i.e. trunk closure challenge, etc.

The car is a dream to drive and a real head turner. Two not-so-great things: There's a slight rattling in low gears at low RPM - anyone know what thats about? Also, there were 2 times where the hill assist felt "sticky," where I'd try to get away but it didn't disengage quickly enough.

Attaching a few photos while I sit in my garage and admire the eye candy. Cheers!
Congrats on the delivery! Lovely spec! I know exactly what you mean by the 2 days of compromised sleep. Also a big fan of Ray at Lotus of North Jersey, they made my pickup special as well even though I knew as soon as I left, they pulled the next car into that same spot. LOL.

The rattle you hear is normal. You just need to stay above 2k RPMs. LOL. Once the engine is warm, I pretty much only shift after each gear is about 3500 or higher. This avoids dropping below 2K on the next gear.

Congrats! If the rattling sounds like marbles in a tin can from 1-2k rpm, then it's normal. It's flywheel chatter from the lightweight flywheel that's located essentially right behind the driver's seat.

It's coming from the gear linkage.

Heads up that I received a message on 5/15 stating my car is on the water (Glenview IL). Build was placed December 15th 2023, this was one of the add on FE2 allocations that a number of dealers seemed to get around that time. The dealer was honest and admitted they can't be certain as to when it'll arrive for pick up, but their conservative guess was 4-6 weeks. Considering at least some boats are making it through to Baltimore again, I'm still holding out some hope for the shorter end of that spectrum.

More than happy to share the VIN with anyone tracking things on a spreadsheet, just hit me up direct.

Yes. It was a reference to the apotheosis of modern automotive design..

View attachment 43742
someone just posted this..so I had to share lol
442493088_1011040180584674_1610556809569053303_n.jpg

I actually like the cyber truck in black though.

Last edited:
Heads up that I received a message on 5/15 stating my car is on the water (Glenview IL). Build was placed December 15th 2023, this was one of the add on FE2 allocations that a number of dealers seemed to get around that time. The dealer was honest and admitted they can't be certain as to when it'll arrive for pick up, but their conservative guess was 4-6 weeks. Considering at least some boats are making it through to Baltimore again, I'm still holding out some hope for the shorter end of that spectrum.

More than happy to share the VIN with anyone tracking things on a spreadsheet, just hit me up direct.
That's good to know, as I submitted my build at roughly the same time as an add on FE2. I'll be on standby for communications, and will check in with my dealer if I don't hear anything by the end of the month.

Congrats on the delivery! Lovely spec! I know exactly what you mean by the 2 days of compromised sleep. Also a big fan of Ray at Lotus of North Jersey, they made my pickup special as well even though I knew as soon as I left, they pulled the next car into that same spot. LOL.

The rattle you hear is normal. You just need to stay above 2k RPMs. LOL. Once the engine is warm, I pretty much only shift after each gear is about 3500 or higher. This avoids dropping below 2K on the next gear.
That's exactly right, rattling sound goes away above 2k rpm. I'm glad it's "normal" and that there's a potential software fix for it.

I purchased a car cover from Lotus, but Ray @ North Jersey used their own for my car reveal and put mine in the trunk.

Last edited:
Meant to add the cost of the cover. It was quite eye watering but I still pulled the trigger - $725 + tax
Damn. I got a custom one from Classic Additions for 450. My choice of colors too

Congratulations! Def “both”

Unless you have an issue like one of the other members where they decide your exhaust voids the warranty.
What post was that? I was under the impression that an aftermarket exhaust wasn’t a Lotus issue. I can see how a selectable valve control, when left in the wrong position, would destroy the engine so there’s that.

What post was that? I was under the impression that an aftermarket exhaust wasn’t a Lotus issue. I can see how a selectable valve control, when left in the wrong position, would destroy the engine so there’s that.
I'll try and find it. Got a CEL brought it to the dealer, dealer told Lotus, etc etc

Last edited:
I'll try and find it. Got a CEL brought it to the dealer, dealer told Lotus, etc etc

Damn. I mean I’m down for a cat back upgrade. 3rd delete. but if it causes problems I can live with the stock sound.