New Deposit Inquiries

V8Dave

Reaction score
Hello all,

Needless to say, I'm strongly considering putting down a deposit very soon (joy!). Just a mere 18 months to prospective delivery. Just wanted to do a little reconnaissance ahead of it. Apologies if this has been asked to death as I'm not a frequent forum user:

• Deposit leniency - The dealer makes it sound as though the deposit is very easily returnable, has anyone seen otherwise? Assuming the later confirmation of delivery is the more important one.
  • Timeframe - anyone hearing numbers other than 18 months?
  • Markups - looked around here on other threads from last year, seems like largely no markups other than the odd fee
  • I am in the USA
Planning a test drive very soon and assuming the deposit should be a no-brainer assuming the price and all is straightforward.
Thanks!

Lotus64

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hello all,

Needless to say, I'm strongly considering putting down a deposit very soon (joy!). Just a mere 18 months to prospective delivery. Just wanted to do a little reconnaissance ahead of it. Apologies if this has been asked to death as I'm not a frequent forum user:

• Deposit leniency - The dealer makes it sound as though the deposit is very easily returnable, has anyone seen otherwise? Assuming the later confirmation of delivery is the more important one.
  • Timeframe - anyone hearing numbers other than 18 months?
  • Markups - looked around here on other threads from last year, seems like largely no markups other than the odd fee
  • I am in the USA
Planning a test drive very soon and assuming the deposit should be a no-brainer assuming the price and all is straightforward.
Thanks!

Hello Dave.
  1. Deposit should be refundable up until the order is submitted to Lotus
  2. It depends on the specific dealer and allocations. People have mentioned 6-18 months
  3. Select dealers have added mark up but the majority are selling at msrp

OP
V8Dave

V8Dave

Reaction score
Hello Dave.
  1. Deposit should be refundable up until the order is submitted to Lotus
  2. It depends on the specific dealer and allocations. People have mentioned 6-18 months
  3. Select dealers have added mark up but the majority are selling at msrp
Thanks for the info. Such a wildcard on the delivery window!