• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
@Nova , my VIN shows up on your 3/29 list. Do you happen to know what ship that is? On the same vein, do you want discharged from vessel means from a practical standpoint? In other words, what happens now? It was, of course, scheduled for BMore. So now it gets trucked down there to BMore and then over to the dealer? Anyone have a sense of how long all that takes? Wonder if it has to go to BMore first...
That is the Atlantic Sea. Discharged simply means it has been unloaded from the vessel. At that point, the freight forwarder assumes responsibility and arranges for it to be inspected, processed for importation, and released.

There is *some* rumor from a dealer that the cars have to be transported to Baltimore for pre delivery inspection, but I'm not sure if that's the case. I just don't know. It could happen, I guess. The freight forwarder, Wallenius Wilhelmsen, also has a vehicle processing center in Newark, NJ. To the extent that they have special "Lotus" guys in Baltimore, I hope they can just fly the guy to Newark to process these cars rather than transport the cars to Baltimore - which I wager is a lot more expensive.

Who knows.

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I have no idea. There's also the possibility that something happened to it; hit, wrecked, stolen, etc. Damaged at the docks? Fell into the water? Dead battery and wouldn't start to be loaded on the boat? It could be any number of things. All I can do is continue to be patient. Hopefully it will be on the next boat.
Better a couple more months delay for a new car than one that's been dunked a few times and start having electrical failures :ROFLMAO:

CHEESE

Emira Fan
Reaction score
July 21 deposit, August 23 factory submission, and got my VIN mid January.
That's an unusually late factory submission. Most of us who pre-ordered that early completed our factory submission first quarter of 2022. But hey, you got your VIN

saknibs

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That is the Atlantic Sea. Discharged simply means it has been unloaded from the vessel. At that point, the freight forwarder assumes responsibility and arranges for it to be inspected, processed for importation, and released.

There is *some* rumor from a dealer that the cars have to be transported to Baltimore for pre delivery inspection, but I'm not sure if that's the case. I just don't know. It could happen, I guess. The freight forwarder, Wallenius Wilhelmsen, also has a vehicle processing center in Newark, NJ. To the extent that they have special "Lotus" guys in Baltimore, I hope they can just fly the guy to Newark to process these cars rather than transport the cars to Baltimore - which I wager is a lot more expensive.

Who knows.
Thanks a million Nova for providing us the VIN lists! We all appreciate your time and effort. I'm on the second list you posted today, on the Atlantic Sun arriving 4/7.

LuckysDad

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
What's everyone's best guess for timeframe for the cars that just arrived at Newark to get to dealerships?
Newark is only two hours away, but I have a feeling this is going to be a couple more weeks. 🧐

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Lol. The VIN's right before and after mine are on the list, but mine is missing. This is getting beyond ridiculous. Where's my car Lotus?
That happened with mine back at the beginning of December. Might eventually showed up on a boat two months later (February) in a random group of one-offs. No idea why.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
What's everyone's best guess for timeframe for the cars that just arrived at Newark to get to dealerships?
Newark is only two hours away, but I have a feeling this is going to be a couple more weeks. 🧐
Depends on processing order in the batch as much as anything else. Could be 10 days, could be 3 weeks.

CoryC

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Mine is on this boat - Finally, finish line is near!
Yep... I'm on this one too. Very curious to see the logistics now for vehicles unloaded in Newark. I'm a Lotus of NJ order. Would be a shame if they actually have to get to Baltimore to be checked in only to come all the way back. This boat that is unloading now will be very telling in the coming days.

If anyone gets updates on their cars that landed today, please share!

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
There is *some* rumor from a dealer that the cars have to be transported to Baltimore for pre delivery inspection, but I'm not sure if that's the case. I just don't know. It could happen, I guess.
My dealer has 100% told me this.

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yep... I'm on this one too. Very curious to see the logistics now for vehicles unloaded in Newark. I'm a Lotus of NJ order. Would be a shame if they actually have to get to Baltimore to be checked in only to come all the way back. This boat that is unloading now will be very telling in the coming days.

If anyone gets updates on their cars that landed today, please share!
My dealer has absolutely confirmed this is precisely what’s happening. NY/NJ -> Baltimore -> New York

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My dealer has absolutely confirmed this is precisely what’s happening. NY/NJ -> Baltimore -> New York
I wonder if other dealers heard the same. One dealer info is usually unreliable.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It really depends on what happens with the cars next. If they do port processing in NY, cars could show up at dealers in a week. If they are being trucked to Baltimore, then 2-3 weeks.

We are going to be flying blind during this time. Unless Lotus communicates something useful.

Barcino2012

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm dumb, how do you view someone's signature.:confused:
1711750538406.png

…right below the message of a user…….