• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hello my fellow US Emira FE buyers. Did you guys get any confirmation email from Lotus directly after submitting your order? Just curious.

Thanks!

From what I can tell your Lotus Dealer should have filled out an online form specifically for dealers. My dealer submitted my form with my order, then hit print and sent me a poorly formatted PDF of the order submission.

Attaching redacted examples below:

1671733141458.png
1671733189384.png
1671733302869.png
1671733322300.png
1671733333674.png
1671733350996.png

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
From what I can tell your Lotus Dealer should have filled out an online form specifically for dealers. My dealer submitted my form with my order, then hit print and sent me a poorly formatted PDF of the order submission.

Attaching redacted examples below:

View attachment 20473View attachment 20474View attachment 20475View attachment 20476View attachment 20477View attachment 20478
Thanks! I got this as well, but mine looked like a scan of a printout of a retweet of a Facebook post of an Instagram photo of a fax from 1989.

mforde

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
With all due respect to Lotus USA they can tell us whatever they feel will keep our hopes up on US production schedule.
My hope is that the promises that production for US is correct.
Personally I believe there will be a delay
I am in the first lot of deliveries.
But if further delays I won’t be happy but will accept it. For people to get bent out of shape on a car is imho ridiculous
I am definitely not dropping out and will be ecstatic whenever the car arrives
I do understand everyone’s frustration ( me included)
I personally have some personal serious issues to deal with other than bitch and complain about a car.
Right now my wife’s health is my priority.

Everyones opinion is valid an welcome
But to see so many people on this forum complaining about stupid shit really pisses me off. Wheel gap, acceleration does not throw you back in the seat. Car is underpowered, Seat to high or to low, head rest to low, pedals to close together and many more. Every sports car out there has issues. It’s a Lotus like it or don’t buy one
“Can buy a Porsche for less and it’s better engineered yes maybe better finishes ” but it’s not a lotus. I have a 2015 Cayman GTS and love it. But it’s not a Lotus
Thanks for letting me have my little rant
Best for your wife.

IH8theMavs

Reaction score
I placed a $5k order/deposit on Oct 3 2022 with Toronto Dealership. I live close to Windsor Ontario in Lakeshore. I didn't receive a call for a test drive. I did call the dealership and inquire about it. Being so late with deposit I understood I wouldn't get a chance to test drive anyways. I'd be happy just to see it in person for 5mins.
Just curious if they have access to a demo car yet. I'd take the 4hr drive up to come see it.
The other dealership in Oakville required $2500 deposit for some reason.
I just have a copy bill of sale with deposit. I haven't been contacted by anyone yet.
I'm only 2.5 months in for waiting so far. At what approx. point did you guys get to select options etc. And any other steps?

Thanks for any help.

My Spec: Seneca Blue , black top roof and bottom, V6, Manual ,White/Grey leather, Leather Steering Wheel with Yellow 12'oclock if possible , Yellow Stitching, Yellow Brakes, Diamond Cut Wheels, Privacy Glass sides and Engine, purchase car cover from parts as well.
I placed a $2500 deposit AFTER I test drove it. I was the only one there that morning. I don’t think the dealership invited anyone; they just made a Facebook post that the car was there and had a link to sign up for an appt time. The Lotus rep was just sitting around on his phone waiting for people. Needless to say I spent a lot of time with the car.

Last edited:

mbemira2023

Reaction score
I placed a $2500 deposit AFTER I test drove it. I was the only one there that morning. I don’t think the dealership invited anyone; they just made a Facebook post that the car was there and had a link to sign up for an appt time. The Lotus rep was just sitting around on his phone waiting for people. Needless to say I spent a lot of time with the car.
This is shocking to hear TBH. I would have loved to seen and drive the car. Frustrating to find out above this via forums vs. the dealership. It is amazing to me that dealerships (especially when they really don't have to sell something because the product is so good) fail to meet the minimum standards of customer experience, communication, and care. It is an epidemic of sorts... good service, I fear, is dead.

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
If I may ask what dealership were you at

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Probably the same one as you. Shouldn’t be a surprise, the car was there twice.
Yes same dealership
Not sure why you did not get an email. I know for a fact they sent out over 100 emails
When I went there people test driving all the time. Emails were sent to everyone who had put a deposit down previously

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Was actually at dealership today for a minor self created issue on my Evora.
Spoke with the owner about deliveries
Still expected Jan build and late March delivery.
But who knows that can change.

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

IH8theMavs

Reaction score
Yes same dealership
Not sure why you did not get an email. I know for a fact they sent out over 100 emails
When I went there people test driving all the time. Emails were sent to everyone who had put a deposit down previously
I was at the second day. Still ordering one though.

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Hi all. I’ve been away for quite a while now. I wonder if someone here in the US, or knowledgeable about the US market, can catch me up on what is happening. My situation is as follows. I was a July 2021 depositor and ended up as #31 on the list at Flow Lotus in Winston Salem, NC. Ken Scott is my sales associate. As has been true for many, I heard nothing from lotus or flow unless I initiated the communication. This has been true for the last 18 months. The last time I heard from Ken, which seems forever ago, I missed the FE cutoff, which for this dealer I believe was 15 cars. Whether there have been dropouts since then, I have no idea, and past efforts I’ve made to find out where I am on the wait list have been met with no specificity. As has been true for all of us, comms have really been unacceptable. Because of this, I have backed away from the forum for really the past several months. The frustration associated with this experience has really been beyond what I can tolerate, so staying away seemed the best course of action for me. However, now I’m am as clueless as I have ever been about what’s happening in the Emira world. They still have my deposit. There was an opportunity to drive the car in November but I couldn’t get to the dealership from my home in Charlottesville. I’m really struggling to decide what to do at this point. I can’t wait forever. I have no idea when I might be in line to place an order, or if I should just give up and start looking for something else where I am closer to the front of the line. I would really appreciate it if someone could summarize the current state of things for the US market and when I might expect to hear something of consequence from my dealer. thanks so much!

Best,
Mike

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Sadly there isn't too much to catch you up on. You're in a similar boat to many of us here in the US.
FE production for the US is rumored to begin in January, I believe I saw somewhere. But tbh, it's doubtful. Maybe Feb /March?

Then it's anyone's guess as to when a base model V6 will be on the schedule. If you're OK with sitting tight and don't mind waiting an unknown amout of time, then you're in good company...otherwise, it may be best to move on and come back to the Emira fold once cars become more readily available.

DPB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’ve been pretty inactive too (other than watching EU and UK deliveries with envy), so I’m not sure I can offer much substance, but here’s what I have gathered. US production of FE cars is still scheduled to commence in January, although there are some that believe this will be delayed, given the delays in UK delivery. If they do begin production, cars should start arriving in Mar/Apr. timeframe and continue through June.

The Base Edition configurator is supposed to go live in January (delayed from the planned September launch), with BE orders starting shortly after this. There is a lot of doubt about this timing too across the forum.

My deposit is with Lotus Charlotte and I too missed the FE cut by a few slots, so I am watching all of this with great interest and some hand-wringing. I would love to see my BE Emira show up late Summer 2023 and will continue to send positive vibes to Hethel to make happen. No matter what, I’m all in and will just sit tight until my time comes.

Oh, and there have been a lot of cool photos and videos shared while you’ve been gone, so definitely check out the gallery. Hope this helps.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Hi all. I’ve been away for quite a while now. I wonder if someone here in the US, or knowledgeable about the US market, can catch me up on what is happening. My situation is as follows. I was a July 2021 depositor and ended up as #31 on the list at Flow Lotus in Winston Salem, NC. Ken Scott is my sales associate. As has been true for many, I heard nothing from lotus or flow unless I initiated the communication. This has been true for the last 18 months. The last time I heard from Ken, which seems forever ago, I missed the FE cutoff, which for this dealer I believe was 15 cars. Whether there have been dropouts since then, I have no idea, and past efforts I’ve made to find out where I am on the wait list have been met with no specificity. As has been true for all of us, comms have really been unacceptable. Because of this, I have backed away from the forum for really the past several months. The frustration associated with this experience has really been beyond what I can tolerate, so staying away seemed the best course of action for me. However, now I’m am as clueless as I have ever been about what’s happening in the Emira world. They still have my deposit. There was an opportunity to drive the car in November but I couldn’t get to the dealership from my home in Charlottesville. I’m really struggling to decide what to do at this point. I can’t wait forever. I have no idea when I might be in line to place an order, or if I should just give up and start looking for something else where I am closer to the front of the line. I would really appreciate it if someone could summarize the current state of things for the US market and when I might expect to hear something of consequence from my dealer. thanks so much!

Best,
Mike

Hey Mike,

My bottom line honest opinion. Based on everything discussed, what Lotus has delivered to date, and just what't going on in the world I would say wait until March 31st. If Lotus hasn't reached full production capacity and can't reasonably predict delivery dates by then, it's anyone's guess if they will ever or when they can get up to speed. It may be forces behind their control or not, either way it isn't predictable so if wanting a car, I would seriously consider moving on. I am in this for the long haul so it doesn't matter to me but we each have our own situation. Did you happen to test drive?

I didn't put this in my review and I know a lot has been said, but I believe my Lotus rep during my test drive was authentically expressing Lotus regret that more cars haven't been delivered yet but at the same time was very confident that they were on a steep rise to hit their long awaiting stride. I feel my rep went out of his way to express Lotus apologetics but confidence that production is coming. I was one of the last test drives in 2022. For what it's worth I believe Lotus is being humble and I ask people to stick with them cause it's gonna be a great car.

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

Best,
Mike
Yo buy a pre owned 4.0 718

nahanni

Reaction score

Best,
Mike
Welcome back , as well , I don't come to the site as much. I would say, you might, as well stay the course, as, that is what I am doing. You have come this far, what the hell......

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Hey Mike,

My bottom line honest opinion. Based on everything discussed, what Lotus has delivered to date, and just what't going on in the world I would say wait until March 31st. If Lotus hasn't reached full production capacity and can't reasonably predict delivery dates by then, it's anyone's guess if they will ever or when they can get up to speed. It may be forces behind their control or not, either way it isn't predictable so if wanting a car, I would seriously consider moving on. I am in this for the long haul so it doesn't matter to me but we each have our own situation. Did you happen to test drive?

I didn't put this in my review and I know a lot has been said, but I believe my Lotus rep during my test drive was authentically expressing Lotus regret that more cars haven't been delivered yet but at the same time was very confident that they were on a steep rise to hit their long awaiting stride. I feel my rep went out of his way to express Lotus apologetics but confidence that production is coming. I was one of the last test drives in 2022. For what it's worth I believe Lotus is being humble and I ask people to stick with them cause it's gonna be a great car.
Thanks, guys! I’m really grateful. I will try to catch up on some of the postings, but knowing how active the forum has been in the past, this is an intimidating prospect. I appreciate you guys giving me solid info.

I wasn’t able to drive the car. But I have watched a few others on YouTube and their excitement is infectious. I’m sure it will be a great car. But man, having to wait three years for a car seems crazy, and I wonder if it will still seem special, if other more exciting cars will come along, or if I’ll have the same enthusiasm. I’ll keep my deposit, but wouldn’t it be nice for lotus to expend some energy keeping enthusiasm going for those having to wait so long? Also, any info on what will happen to pricing for those of us who were early deposit makers?

Thanks again everyone.