📓 Journals Unicorn v6 auto has landed

This prefix is only usable in the Lotus Emira Journals forum.
    Featured
Hahahahahahahaha

I can already start!!! How are the pedals position? I’ve tested a manual version and they were way to the right side….a lot!!! Is it the same for the auto or are they more in the middle like all the other cars?

I hope for the latter as I’ve ordered an auto just like you!
They are definitely not as close to the right as the Manual. I find them perfect
I forgot to take the measuring tool, but I took a few pictures with foot in different positions which I think give you a good idea of the positioning and space relative to the right.
IMG_4769.jpegIMG_4768.jpegIMG_4767.jpegIMG_4766.jpeg

I am so excited as of today that I might struggle to express my feelings in English.

I had the unexpected and pleasant surprise to receive a call this morning from my dealership. They tricked me saying if I wanted to pass by, see ex @emiraspain car before it leaves for final customer, only to discover that when I arrive there, my long waited for Emira V6 Auto had arrived. Thanks a lot to Iban Famoso (Sales manager at Lotus Carwagen Bilbao) for the surprise and all the efforts he has made to cope with the long wait, included the more than 200 coffees I had passing by the dealership, day in, day out, for the last two years.

I might have lost my bet thinking that the first one would be delivered in Belgium again, but it looks like this time Lotus not only didn't forget Spain for months, but probably I got the first delivered V6 Auto around the World, so called Unicorn.

I spent probably 1 hour mesmerized seating looking at the car from the outside, like a 5 year old with a Christmas gift. Never happened to me before with any of my other cars. I believe it's the effect of such a long journey waiting to see my own Emira.

I am not going to bother all of you with explanations about this beauty, which all of us know already.

The plan from now is going straight to Full PPF (Xpel Ultimate Plus) and Ceramic Coating, aprox. two weeks while they process the required papers for registration , and hopefully around the 20-22nd I will start enjoying it. Now that it's here I feel so relieved that I don't care waiting for a couple of weeks to drive it.

On a positive note, it looks like Lotus is finally getting their act together and we might not see many extra, extra delays. There is light at the end of the tunnel!

My Spec:
Nimbus
Full Black Pack
V6 Auto.
Sports Suspension.
Eagle F1 tyres
Alcantara interior with yellow stitching.
Alcantara wheel with yellow stripe.
Yellow Calipers.
Diamond Cut Wheels.

Here are some pictures, and then I might go in hibernation mode using the Evora GT410 Sport in the meantime. Cheers to everybody!

🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂

View attachment 23352View attachment 23354View attachment 23355View attachment 23356View attachment 23357View attachment 23359View attachment 23360
congratulations!!!
now maybe soon you can get out and enjoy it and spend less time on here worrying about it.. haha.
looks great....
glad they managed to sell mine.....

Unfortunately I could only drive it for 10 mins, from the dealership to PPf.
Hopefully it will be finished by the end of next week and I can then try to do some videos.

So far, in the small drive, I find the Auto gear change a little bit more smooth than in my Evora GT410 Sport, but I guess this could be related to doing only a few kilometers in Sport mode at very low revs, and didn't give time to the ECU to learn a real driving style.

I feel for all of you, same excitement as I had, and don't worry I will post as I get my hands on the machine for a few Kms more.
🥂

Unfortunately I could only drive it for 10 mins, from the dealership to PPf.
Hopefully it will be finished by the end of next week and I can then try to do some videos.

So far, in the small drive, I find the Auto gear change a little bit more smooth than in my Evora GT410 Sport, but I guess this could be related to doing only a few kilometers in Sport mode at very low revs, and didn't give time to the ECU to learn a real driving style.

I feel for all of you, same excitement as I had, and don't worry I will post as I get my hands on the machine for a few Kms more.
🥂
We look forward to your critique

Hey now. Those are NSFW! I have to log into an Incognito Browser for those pics! ;)

Did you do any paint correction prior to ppf? OR Did they recommend it?

Thank you.

Hey now. Those are NSFW! I have to log into an Incognito Browser for those pics! ;)

Did you do any paint correction prior to ppf? OR Did they recommend it?

Thank you.
They are definitely doing some paint correction on Monday, I don't know yet to what extent.

🥂

Full PPF finished yesterday. XPEL Ultimate Plus.
The detailer told me that the paint was quite ok. Only some minor swirls, not visible in normal conditions. All he needed was a proper polish before PPF. The work to apply the pre-cut sheets, he said was more than in other cars due to the complicated shapes, therefore I would recommend anyone to use a skilled professional installer, don't even try doing it on your own!.

Car gone yesterday for ITV (Official technical inspection to apply for the plates), so hopefully end of next week I can drive it with the final plates.
I took it myself, (50 kms in Sport mode) and I can definitely confirm that the Auto gear shift is smoother than the one I have on the GT410 Sport, and the auto downshifts feel faster. I don't know if the gearbox is exactly the same, but looks to me that the software managing it has improved.

Ceramic coating will be done next week.

Hear some pics out of the oven, overcast weather at 5 pm. For comparison, the SVR paint is Corris Grey and it has new PPF and ceramic as well.

IMG_4893.jpeg
IMG_4901.jpeg
IMG_4900.jpeg
IMG_4897.jpeg
IMG_4898.jpeg
IMG_4896.jpeg
IMG_4897.jpeg
IMG_4894.jpeg

If it is a decent improvement i'm hoping the V6 auto should do well for resale as the car will be pretty rare being only 15% of the V6 production.

fingers crossed eh.

If it is a decent improvement i'm hoping the V6 auto should do well for resale as the car will be pretty rare being only 15% of the V6 production.

fingers crossed eh.
Resale value, specially because the gear shift does not interfere with the cupholder! 🤣

I bet @TXEMIRA is by now planning to change his order from manual to Auto !!!😜

Resale value, specially because the gear shift does not interfere with the cupholder! 🤣

I bet @TXEMIRA is by now planning to change his order from manual to Auto !!!😜
Hahaha the Evora has one cup holder in the passenger footwell… So I’ve come to learn to hydrate prior to the drive. ;)

#ForTheHydration