Unicorn v6 auto has landed

hml_xy

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Congratulations, it must feel exciting to be probably the first to soon report back on the auto experience.

I always really enjoyed the auto experience in the Evora 4XX generation (especially the sound on downshifts!) and I am looking forward to your stories!

OP
Bilbao-Emira

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I just want to know if I can fix it in manual x all the time I need( x example in third gear)
Not sure, I believe in track mode yes, and probably in Sport mode too, but definitely not on Tour mode

We´ll find out, SOON 🤣

OP
Bilbao-Emira

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Congratulations, it must feel exciting to be probably the first to soon report back on the auto experience.

I always really enjoyed the auto experience in the Evora 4XX generation (especially the sound on downshifts!) and I am looking forward to your stories!
Agree, if it is closer to this on my Evora, I´ll be very happy.

Reaction score
Not sure, I believe in track mode yes, and probably in Sport mode too, but definitely not on Tour mode

We´ll find out, SOON 🤣
On the Evora 400 in Sport and Track it only changes gear with the paddles and would expect the Emira to be the same.

Congrats and look forward to hearing your views.

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I am so excited as of today that I might struggle to express my feelings in English.

I had the unexpected and pleasant surprise to receive a call this morning from my dealership. They tricked me saying if I wanted to pass by, see ex @emiraspain car before it leaves for final customer, only to discover that when I arrive there, my long waited for Emira V6 Auto had arrived. Thanks a lot to Iban Famoso (Sales manager at Lotus Carwagen Bilbao) for the surprise and all the efforts he has made to cope with the long wait, included the more than 200 coffees I had passing by the dealership, day in, day out, for the last two years.

I might have lost my bet thinking that the first one would be delivered in Belgium again, but it looks like this time Lotus not only didn't forget Spain for months, but probably I got the first delivered V6 Auto around the World, so called Unicorn.

I spent probably 1 hour mesmerized seating looking at the car from the outside, like a 5 year old with a Christmas gift. Never happened to me before with any of my other cars. I believe it's the effect of such a long journey waiting to see my own Emira.

I am not going to bother all of you with explanations about this beauty, which all of us know already.

The plan from now is going straight to Full PPF (Xpel Ultimate Plus) and Ceramic Coating, aprox. two weeks while they process the required papers for registration , and hopefully around the 20-22nd I will start enjoying it. Now that it's here I feel so relieved that I don't care waiting for a couple of weeks to drive it.

On a positive note, it looks like Lotus is finally getting their act together and we might not see many extra, extra delays. There is light at the end of the tunnel!

My Spec:
Nimbus
Full Black Pack
V6 Auto.
Sports Suspension.
Eagle F1 tyres
Alcantara interior with yellow stitching.
Alcantara wheel with yellow stripe.
Yellow Calipers.
Diamond Cut Wheels.

Here are some pictures, and then I might go in hibernation mode using the Evora GT410 Sport in the meantime. Cheers to everybody!

🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂

View attachment 23352View attachment 23354View attachment 23355View attachment 23356View attachment 23357View attachment 23359View attachment 23360
Wow fantastic congratulations!

Logoman

Reaction score
I'm so happy for you Javier, and Ms Bilbao looks very happy too.

The shock of an Emira arrival is amazing. Until it arrives you don't realise that you're buying the most beautiful car in production, and when you see it, nothing else matters.

Superman

Emira Owner!!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Looks lovely, the TDC marker on the steering wheel, whilst just a little thing, really does add to it.

Would be great to get some side-on pics of the auto gear selector and 'space' underneath (the space where the gear linkage would be on a manual car), as we haven't seen this on a final production car yet.

Also looking forward to your first drive thoughts! Enjoy!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Congratulations, great to see the first auto delivered and that your patience has been rewarded. Look forward to reading your feedback.

The shifting stays paddle-controlled in Sport and Track drive mode after you use them for the first time. In Tour drive mode the shifting reverts to automatic after about a minute of not using the paddles. The IPS system will intervene if it’s not in auto mode if it needs to change gear to prevent stalling or over-revving.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am so excited as of today that I might struggle to express my feelings in English.

I had the unexpected and pleasant surprise to receive a call this morning from my dealership. They tricked me saying if I wanted to pass by, see ex @emiraspain car before it leaves for final customer, only to discover that when I arrive there, my long waited for Emira V6 Auto had arrived. Thanks a lot to Iban Famoso (Sales manager at Lotus Carwagen Bilbao) for the surprise and all the efforts he has made to cope with the long wait, included the more than 200 coffees I had passing by the dealership, day in, day out, for the last two years.

I might have lost my bet thinking that the first one would be delivered in Belgium again, but it looks like this time Lotus not only didn't forget Spain for months, but probably I got the first delivered V6 Auto around the World, so called Unicorn.

I spent probably 1 hour mesmerized seating looking at the car from the outside, like a 5 year old with a Christmas gift. Never happened to me before with any of my other cars. I believe it's the effect of such a long journey waiting to see my own Emira.

I am not going to bother all of you with explanations about this beauty, which all of us know already.

The plan from now is going straight to Full PPF (Xpel Ultimate Plus) and Ceramic Coating, aprox. two weeks while they process the required papers for registration , and hopefully around the 20-22nd I will start enjoying it. Now that it's here I feel so relieved that I don't care waiting for a couple of weeks to drive it.

On a positive note, it looks like Lotus is finally getting their act together and we might not see many extra, extra delays. There is light at the end of the tunnel!

My Spec:
Nimbus
Full Black Pack
V6 Auto.
Sports Suspension.
Eagle F1 tyres
Alcantara interior with yellow stitching.
Alcantara wheel with yellow stripe.
Yellow Calipers.
Diamond Cut Wheels.

Here are some pictures, and then I might go in hibernation mode using the Evora GT410 Sport in the meantime. Cheers to everybody!

🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂

View attachment 23352View attachment 23354View attachment 23355View attachment 23356View attachment 23357View attachment 23359View attachment 23360
Actually, it's a stellar event when you change your Forum status to Emira Owner. For the fortunate few.
Congratulations.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Excelente noticia y qué buena sorpresa. Esperamos con ansias más fotos, videos, reseñas y comparación con el 410.

OP
Bilbao-Emira

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm so happy for you Javier, and Ms Bilbao looks very happy too.

The shock of an Emira arrival is amazing. Until it arrives you don't realise that you're buying the most beautiful car in production, and when you see it, nothing else matters.
Thanks a lot Miles!
She was as shocked and excited as myself, after years of asking what's going on on your Emira World as she refers to the Forum, she said "you were right" . now I´m not sure that's a good thing though 😂

OP
Bilbao-Emira

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Excelente noticia y qué buena sorpresa. Esperamos con ansias más fotos, videos, reseñas y comparación con el 410.
Muchas Gracias!
A sufrir con gusto un par de semanitas más y rodaje en primavera
🥂

OP
Bilbao-Emira

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Looks lovely, the TDC marker on the steering wheel, whilst just a little thing, really does add to it.

Would be great to get some side-on pics of the auto gear selector and 'space' underneath (the space where the gear linkage would be on a manual car), as we haven't seen this on a final production car yet.

Also looking forward to your first drive thoughts! Enjoy!
Thanks a lot.
I will make sure to take more pictures next week after they remove all the plastics.

OP
Bilbao-Emira

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Congratulations, great to see the first auto delivered and that your patience has been rewarded. Look forward to reading your feedback.

The shifting stays paddle-controlled in Sport and Track drive mode after you use them for the first time. In Tour drive mode the shifting reverts to automatic after about a minute of not using the paddles. The IPS system will intervene if it’s not in auto mode if it needs to change gear to prevent stalling or over-revving.
Thanks a lot @TomE !
It certainly has been a journey which even with all the downs in communications, gets rewarded, once you see the car alone.
Thanks for all your contribution as many others in this Forum that has made the wait interesting, to say the least 😜
Now I am finally ready to Go Wild on The Island !!!
🥂