Unicorn v6 auto has landed

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am so excited as of today that I might struggle to express my feelings in English.

I had the unexpected and pleasant surprise to receive a call this morning from my dealership. They tricked me saying if I wanted to pass by, see ex @emiraspain car before it leaves for final customer, only to discover that when I arrive there, my long waited for Emira V6 Auto had arrived. Thanks a lot to Iban Famoso (Sales manager at Lotus Carwagen Bilbao) for the surprise and all the efforts he has made to cope with the long wait, included the more than 200 coffees I had passing by the dealership, day in, day out, for the last two years.

I might have lost my bet thinking that the first one would be delivered in Belgium again, but it looks like this time Lotus not only didn't forget Spain for months, but probably I got the first delivered V6 Auto around the World, so called Unicorn.

I spent probably 1 hour mesmerized seating looking at the car from the outside, like a 5 year old with a Christmas gift. Never happened to me before with any of my other cars. I believe it's the effect of such a long journey waiting to see my own Emira.

I am not going to bother all of you with explanations about this beauty, which all of us know already.

The plan from now is going straight to Full PPF (Xpel Ultimate Plus) and Ceramic Coating, aprox. two weeks while they process the required papers for registration , and hopefully around the 20-22nd I will start enjoying it. Now that it's here I feel so relieved that I don't care waiting for a couple of weeks to drive it.

On a positive note, it looks like Lotus is finally getting their act together and we might not see many extra, extra delays. There is light at the end of the tunnel!

My Spec:
Nimbus
Full Black Pack
V6 Auto.
Sports Suspension.
Eagle F1 tyres
Alcantara interior with yellow stitching.
Alcantara wheel with yellow stripe.
Yellow Calipers.
Diamond Cut Wheels.

Here are some pictures, and then I might go in hibernation mode using the Evora GT410 Sport in the meantime. Cheers to everybody!

🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂

IMG_4703.jpeg
IMG_7235.jpeg
IMG_4699.png
IMG_7236.jpeg
IMG_4667.jpeg
IMG_4718.jpeg
IMG_4717.jpeg

Kentviking

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I am so excited as of today that I might struggle to express my feelings in English.

I had the unexpected and pleasant surprise to receive a call this morning from my dealership. They tricked me saying if I wanted to pass by, see ex @emiraspain car before it leaves for final customer, only to discover that when I arrive there, my long waited for Emira V6 Auto had arrived. Thanks a lot to Iban Famoso (Sales manager at Lotus Carwagen Bilbao) for the surprise and all the efforts he has made to cope with the long wait, included the more than 200 coffees I had passing by the dealership, day in, day out, for the last two years.

I might have lost my bet thinking that the first one would be delivered in Belgium again, but it looks like this time Lotus not only didn't forget Spain for months, but probably I got the first delivered V6 Auto around the World, so called Unicorn.

I spent probably 1 hour mesmerized seating looking at the car from the outside, like a 5 year old with a Christmas gift. Never happened to me before with any of my other cars. I believe it's the effect of such a long journey waiting to see my own Emira.

I am not going to bother all of you with explanations about this beauty, which all of us know already.

The plan from now is going straight to Full PPF (Xpel Ultimate Plus) and Ceramic Coating, aprox. two weeks while they process the required papers for registration , and hopefully around the 20-22nd I will start enjoying it. Now that it's here I feel so relieved that I don't care waiting for a couple of weeks to drive it.

On a positive note, it looks like Lotus is finally getting their act together and we might not see many extra, extra delays. There is light at the end of the tunnel!

My Spec:
Nimbus
Full Black Pack
V6 Auto.
Sports Suspension.
Eagle F1 tyres
Yellow Calipers.
Diamond Cut Wheels.

Here are some pictures, and then I might go in hibernation mode using the Evora GT410 Sport in the meantime. Cheers to everybody!

🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂

View attachment 23352View attachment 23354View attachment 23355View attachment 23356View attachment 23357View attachment 23359View attachment 23360
loving the B&W UK flag first edition badge under the gear knob...and how'd you manage to get the yellow stripe on your wheel...I didn't think that was available for us FE customers or was it just the manual spec FE customers who couldn't pick that option? Do enjoy I know there are LOTS of users on here who can't wait to hear your impressions of the first auto on the roads in the hands of a customer (not sure anyone has even test driven one yet)

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
loving the B&W UK flag first edition badge under the gear knob...and how'd you manage to get the yellow stripe on your wheel...I didn't think that was available for us FE customers or was it just the manual spec FE customers who couldn't pick that option? Do enjoy I know there are LOTS of users on here who can't wait to hear your impressions of the first auto on the roads in the hands of a customer (not sure anyone has even test driven one yet)
The centre stripe was only available on the auto for some reason.

Bod27

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Great news, hopefully we will get ours here in the UK soon, only been waiting since April 21 , off to check insurance sites to see if the auto is showing yet!

OP
Bilbao-Emira

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
in 2/3 weeks I will for sure give my impressions and comparison with my actual Evora GT410 Sport , also Auto.
Yes, the wheel stripe was only available for V6 Auto, I think due to demand issues with the supplier

pancho

Reaction score
Can you explain us how the automatic gear works? How do you put it on manual?

OP
Bilbao-Emira

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Can you explain us how the automatic gear works? How do you put it on manual?
Fastest and easiest way, is just touch any of the steering wheel paddles, + or -, and you are in manual

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

My Spec:
Nimbus
Full Black Pack
V6 Auto.
Sports Suspension.
Eagle F1 tyres
Yellow Calipers.
Diamond Cut Wheels.

🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂

View attachment 23352View attachment 23354View attachment 23355View attachment 23356View attachment 23357View attachment 23359View attachment 23360
Amazing and congratulations, when did you check out?

pancho

Reaction score
Il modo più rapido e semplice è semplicemente toccare uno qualsiasi dei paddle al volante, + o -, e sei in manuale
ok ma rimane in manuale per sempre se non tocchi le palette? X esempio nella mia porsche con pdk, se guidi in auto e usi i paddle rimane in manuale solo per pochi secondi, poi torna in auto

schorsch

Reaction score
in 2/3 weeks I will for sure give my impressions and comparison with my actual Evora GT410 Sport , also Auto.
Yes, the wheel stripe was only available for V6 Auto, I think due to demand issues with the supplier
Having the center marker on Autos only makes some sense because on the Auto you can use the center mark to know where the upshift and downshit padels are, independent of the steering wheel position.

OP
Bilbao-Emira

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Amazing and congratulations, when did you check out?
Here in Spain doesn't work like UK.
Lotus HQ gives an estimated month of production to the Dealer, and after that, the Dealer finds out from Lotus that the car has been produced only when Lotus issues the invoice to the Dealer. From there no information as to exact date of arrival until the truck reaches Spanish border to clear customs. Next day car shows up at the Dealer.
In my specific case, car was manufactured sometime in February, dealer received the invoice this week, and car showed up yesterday.
Mine was originally scheduled for production July 22, then it moved to October 22, then in November the said sometime first quarter 23, and in January they said scheduled production for Feb 23, and delivery in March. At the end, it finally happened.

OP
Bilbao-Emira

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
ok ma rimane in manuale per sempre se non tocchi le palette? X esempio nella mia porsche con pdk, se guidi in auto e usi i paddle rimane in manuale solo per pochi secondi, poi torna in auto
I believe it remains in manual for 2 minutes after your last paddle shift

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

My Spec:
Nimbus
Full Black Pack
V6 Auto.
Sports Suspension.
Eagle F1 tyres
Yellow Calipers.
Diamond Cut Wheels.

🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂

Yep likely the first Auto customer. Enjoy