UK Auto Deliveries

EMIRADILEMMA

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I raise you Singapore

just 15 units of the Emira V6 First Edition have been allocated for Singapore from the first production run of the car. Lotus Cars Singapore says that they have all been spoken for by interested buyers despite the price not yet having been officially confirmed. It’s expected to cost around S$450,000 without COE, and set to arrive in the third quarter of 2022.
price just went up a further ~50k after the new budget was announce in Feb. :cry:

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Okay, if the first UK batch of Autos are March build/April delivery, then this week there surely must be some checkout emails sent out to Auto customers?!
Did you get a price-protected version of the price hike email? Also, have you signed any paperwork yet?

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Did you get a price-protected version of the price hike email? Also, have you signed any paperwork yet?
I never received the email talking about price hike/price protection. When I called them up, they said everybody should have got it.. I’m sitting here Just waiting for the checkout email

I’ve been promised the car can be picked up next month

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I never received the email talking about price hike/price protection. When I called them up, they said everybody should have got it.. I’m sitting here Just waiting for the checkout email

I’ve been promised the car can be picked up next month
How strange. Have you done the login to the new portal etc? Any paperwork signed? Do they still need to confirm this UK Type approval?

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
How strange. Have you done the login to the new portal etc? Any paperwork signed? Do they still need to confirm this UK Type approval?
I don’t know anything about log into a new portal, can you explain please ?

I’ve not signed anything yet, but I was told the car is being built this month and I can collect the car next month

SteveJohnson

Reaction score
All factory collection is done in house now

It makes sense, not to waste time sending cars out only for them to be sent back to Hethel. Also due to roadworks on the main road into the Norwich area, I believe the factory have been transporting each car out one by one in an enclosed unit, possibly due to the difficulty of using a much larger vehicle.
That's not actually the case - they are collected in loads of 6. I was working locally last week and saw a couple of Ontime 6-car carriers coming out of Hethel. I got talking to a driver later and he told me that they always collect in full trailer loads, and that they make lots of collections from Hethel every week.

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I don’t know anything about log into a new portal, can you explain please ?

I’ve not signed anything yet, but I was told the car is being built this month and I can collect the car next month
You should be able to log into: https://www.lotuscars.com/en-GB/my-lotus and then confirm specs etc.

But if they still have not been given type approval, you wont be picking it up, as they legally cannot sell it to you. No one seems to know when this approval will happen, might be worth asking on your next call.

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
That's not actually the case - they are collected in loads of 6. I was working locally last week and saw a couple of Ontime 6-car carriers coming out of Hethel. I got talking to a driver later and he told me that they always collect in full trailer loads, and that they make lots of collections from Hethel every week.
@SteveJohnson someone who recently collected a car from the factory was told all PDI for factory pick ups is done in house, the dealer or home delivery cars are sent out for PDI

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
You should be able to log into: https://www.lotuscars.com/en-GB/my-lotus and then confirm specs etc.

But if they still have not been given type approval, you wont be picking it up, as they legally cannot sell it to you. No one seems to know when this approval will happen, might be worth asking on your next call.
@action_turtle this was all confirmed the end of 2021. yes, I can view my spec there

It could be that they’re waiting for the government to confirm that the paperwork is all in order. I’ve been told numerous times that the car can be collected next month so they must be very confident that there will be no hold-ups.

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
@action_turtle this was all confirmed the end of 2021. yes, I can view my spec there

It could be that they’re waiting for the government to confirm that the paperwork is all in order. I’ve been told numerous times that the car can be collected next month so they must be very confident that there will be no hold-ups.
Good good.

It’s annoying they are being so vague about this approval stuff. I hope it’s not going to delay everything yet again!

Danny Symonds

Reaction score
Still no insurance quotes available for V6Auto (in the UK), so have to assume Type Approval is either outstanding or hasn't been advised to Thatcham to upload to insurers. Also, no sign of any demonstrator vehicles. All following a similar pattern to the manual last autumn. Also, no stats to be found for the V6 auto, emissions, BHP etc. Not really sure what all this means considering deliveries imminent in the UK, should the auto buyers be concerned? Lotus refuse to comment on any of this when you ask them directly.
Spoke to a chap at the factory this morning regarding the autos.
They are awaiting final certification for type approval apparently.

OP
J

jpizzle

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Spoke to a chap at the factory this morning regarding the autos.
They are awaiting final certification for type approval apparently.
Very interesting, did he indicate any timeframes if this is days/weeks away?

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Are you down for March build/April delivery?
Sorry for the delay - yes that what i was told ie the last changed date so they are going to need to get a wriggle on if they are to meet their latest date...which I absolutely believe they wont!
I'm not too fussed now. Mid to late may suits for a factory collection with my wife as my 4yr old is recovering from a big operation we were not expecting and we cant really leave him with anyone overnight while the back end of May.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Sorry for the delay - yes that what i was told ie the last changed date so they are going to need to get a wriggle on if they are to meet their latest date...which I absolutely believe they wont!
I'm not too fussed now. Mid to late may suits for a factory collection with my wife as my 4yr old is recovering from a big operation we were not expecting and we cant really leave him with anyone overnight while the back end of May.
Sorry to hear about yr kid. Best wishes for his recovery

SteveJohnson

Reaction score
@SteveJohnson someone who recently collected a car from the factory was told all PDI for factory pick ups is done in house, the dealer or home delivery cars are sent out for PDI
Yes, the factory collections are prepped in house, but the agent deliveries are now back with Ontime and PDI'd by the agent. Apparently BCA just prep the home deliveries now.