UK Auto Deliveries

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Interesting, thanks for posting your update. I know that I keep on about Type Approval , but if they had it in place, they would simply say so, it is not as though it is commercially confidential as it is in the public domain once granted. When they refuse to confirm anything, this is a clear message that it is not yet in place and that is backed up by the fact we can't get insurance quotes. They can build as many autos as they like, but they can't sell any in the UK without approval in place. What I don't understand is how they have approval in Europe but not in the UK. Surely we have not drifted that far away from European regulations since Brexit. I wonder if this is simply a process issue with getting paperwork signed off.
UK Type Approval is now a separate process from EU Type Approval. With the manual V6s, Lotus applied for EU first and then used that as part of the application for UK approval. This is why we saw EU cars delivered first despite Lotus previously saying UK cars would be the first customer deliveries.

Since Brexit the UK has been operating an interim approval process while a full process is defined:

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
UK Type Approval is now a separate process from EU Type Approval. With the manual V6s, Lotus applied for EU first and then used that as part of the application for UK approval. This is why we saw EU cars delivered first despite Lotus previously saying UK cars would be the first customer deliveries.

Since Brexit the UK has been operating an interim approval process while a full process is defined:
I have been trying to find some kind of look up service, but cannot see anything. I think this info is public, so can we check for ourselves for when the type approval was given? or only when someone gets the log book to find the code?

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have been trying to find some kind of look up service, but cannot see anything. I think this info is public, so can we check for ourselves for when the type approval was given? or only when someone gets the log book to find the code?
The key part is emissions which in the UK sets the level for road tax, also being able to get an insurance quote. This is only visible once approval is granted. I am not aware of anything that shows pending approvals anywhere.

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
The key part is emissions which in the UK sets the level for road tax, also being able to get an insurance quote. This is only visible once approval is granted. I am not aware of anything that shows pending approvals anywhere.
I cannot find anything either. Will be interesting to see when approval was given too.

My E300 cab is over £500 a year. I dont remember the inital payment. Tax in the UK is ridiculous in every area of life, I'm expecting a fun car will be taxed to hell and back.

Last edited:

meenboli

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes, especially as my drive is 90 deg. to a 1:5 cul-de-sac, makes it fun for a low spoiler with all the camber changes.

And there's now 2" of snow on the untreated cul-de-sac.

So much for my test drive on Saturday!

Yes, demo is(was) to be a manual.
Cheers
colin
I live in Ramsbottom (Bury) - total ungritted carnage this morning. My 20min commute took and extra hour... Never seen ice like it 😂 - Carnage ably assisted by the UK's inability to drive properly...

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
If you think car-related taxes are high in the UK, take a look at Australia, Canada, France etc!

I raise you Singapore

just 15 units of the Emira V6 First Edition have been allocated for Singapore from the first production run of the car. Lotus Cars Singapore says that they have all been spoken for by interested buyers despite the price not yet having been officially confirmed. It’s expected to cost around S$450,000 without COE, and set to arrive in the third quarter of 2022.

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I raise you Singapore

just 15 units of the Emira V6 First Edition have been allocated for Singapore from the first production run of the car. Lotus Cars Singapore says that they have all been spoken for by interested buyers despite the price not yet having been officially confirmed. It’s expected to cost around S$450,000 without COE, and set to arrive in the third quarter of 2022.
£276,963.25 !?! that has to be a misprint lol

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
At some point we have to assume this money just goes into corrupt pockets. It's not even close to being reasonable
It’s to discourage people from driving and owning too many cars, Every time I go there resembles a parking lot at the southern tip of Malaysia. Plenty of people with enough money to pay for it.

And on top of that, when the car hits 10 years old, you’re not allowed it on the road anymore

Quantox

Reaction score
All of the early V6 auto orders (Goodwood 2021 and before), have really seen the opposite!

We all expected our cars last spring (2022) and delivery is now this spring (2023), your delivery was due spring 2024 and is now spring 2023.
Assume that your demo drive will be a manual car? I am not aware of any auto demo cars in the UK anywhere. Hopefully the weather will clear up a bit by Saturday for you.
My original delivery date was advised as Autumn '22 but got successively delayed to Spring '24 then recently came back to July '23 and now June.
Colin

OP
J

jpizzle

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Okay, if the first UK batch of Autos are March build/April delivery, then this week there surely must be some checkout emails sent out to Auto customers?!

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Okay, if the first UK batch of Autos are March build/April delivery, then this week there surely must be some checkout emails sent out to Auto customers?!
I was expecting the email last week, if it doesn’t arrive this week then that would be a little bit strange

OP
J

jpizzle

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I was expecting the email last week, if it doesn’t arrive this week then that would be a little bit strange
type approval delay maybe something to do with it (just guessing)

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
still nothing and with an early May 21 dipper I have to be one of the first UK Autos.........