UK Auto Deliveries

Quantox

Reaction score
It doesn't seem like they have had that many cancellations. We are not getting loads of people in here talking about reduced wait times as they have been moved up. The i4 version maybe, as that is so far away, lots of people are probably just thinking, 'whats the point in waiting', which is fair, as 2024 onwards is insane when you put money down 2 years ago!

How many V6's have been cancelled from the thousands on order? 5%, less? Feels like we have all just swallowed the 6K increase if we get the car in the next few months.
My V6 auto order (deposit 29.10.21) that had been extended to Spring '24 suddenly reverted to July '23 about 6 weeks ago. Then, last week I received the final config email.
As I've not been able to drive the car yet (long demo delays, broken down demonstrator and two cancelled appts.) I wasn't minded to confirm this. On contacting CC about this they advised that many people are in the same boat which wasn't much comfort but then they advised that my build has now been advanced again, this time to June '23.
Finally I have a drive booked for this Saturday if the predicted snow relents but failing to confirm the final spec. before today has caused a 1 month delay.
Wondering if any other auto V6 FE's have seen a similar change?

Colin

Last edited:

meenboli

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
My V6 auto order (deposit 29.10.21) that had been extended to Spring '24 suddenly reverted to July '23 about 6 weeks ago. Then, last week I received the final config email.
As I've not been able to drive the car yet (long demo delays, broken down demonstrator and two cancelled appts.) I wasn't minded to confirm this. On contacting CC about this they advised that many people are in the same boat which wasn't much comfort but then they advised that my build has now been advanced again, this time to June '23.
Finally I have a drive booked for this Saturday if the predicted snow relents but failing to confirm the final spec. before today has caused a 1 month delay.
Wondering if any other auto V^ FE's have seen a similar change?

Colin
Be handy that rear wheel drive up in Keswick when it snows... 🤣 (lovely place - had a static there for 15 years).

Soon be June... 👌

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Colin
All of the early V6 auto orders (Goodwood 2021 and before), have really seen the opposite!

We all expected our cars last spring (2022) and delivery is now this spring (2023), your delivery was due spring 2024 and is now spring 2023.
Assume that your demo drive will be a manual car? I am not aware of any auto demo cars in the UK anywhere. Hopefully the weather will clear up a bit by Saturday for you.

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Colin
So, I said this around the price hike announcement, and I'm sure it's correct, and perhaps your situation confirms this...

I was told by customer service that all the Autos are expected to be started June for delivery in July. Give or take. Now, the UK Auto has not been signed off by regs, which is why we cannot find it on insurance websites (this may have changed now), so even if they have an Auto sat in the warehouse they cannot legally sell it to us.

This is where i put my tinfoil hat on! I believe they have already started to build the Autos (some users here have actually seen Autos on a tour), and they are storing them for a time when the Auto Type is confirmed, which is a given, but more importantly, this would put everyone into the £6k price increase, regardless of when the car was made, as you would not be signing any paperwork until June 1st, therefore you are paying the increase.

I have rang three times, and they say the same story but worded differently. Autos are 100% going out from June onwards, my car will definitely be subject to the price increase, I will be getting it June-July, and they have had lots of cancellations... What's happened is that your order has been pulled forward to help remove the stock from the builds that they are already making.

If I had any money left from all this lol, I would put it down on a bet to say that lots of people will get their Auto delivery almost instantly after signing the paperwork. Basically, whatever time it takes to move the car from warehouse to your location. imo, its a shitty move to guarantee they can get the £6k without even more bad optics of random Auto buyers getting lucked into an early slot through cancellations. Love to be wrong and even more so if i get moved into a pre June delivery, but i doubt it. Unless the warehouse is full, no one is getting a UK auto before June 1st

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So, I said this around the price hike announcement, and I'm sure it's correct, and perhaps your situation confirms this...

I was told by customer service that all the Autos are expected to be started June for delivery in July. Give or take. Now, the UK Auto has not been signed off by regs, which is why we cannot find it on insurance websites (this may have changed now), so even if they have an Auto sat in the warehouse they cannot legally sell it to us.

This is where i put my tinfoil hat on! I believe they have already started to build the Autos (some users here have actually seen Autos on a tour), and they are storing them for a time when the Auto Type is confirmed, which is a given, but more importantly, this would put everyone into the £6k price increase, regardless of when the car was made, as you would not be signing any paperwork until June 1st, therefore you are paying the increase.

I have rang three times, and they say the same story but worded differently. Autos are 100% going out from June onwards, my car will definitely be subject to the price increase, I will be getting it June-July, and they have had lots of cancellations... What's happened is that your order has been pulled forward to help remove the stock from the builds that they are already making.

If I had any money left from all this lol, I would put it down on a bet to say that lots of people will get their Auto delivery almost instantly after signing the paperwork. Basically, whatever time it takes to move the car from warehouse to your location. imo, its a shitty move to guarantee they can get the £6k without even more bad optics of random Auto buyers getting lucked into an early slot through cancellations. Love to be wrong and even more so if i get moved into a pre June delivery, but i doubt it. Unless the warehouse is full, no one is getting a UK auto before June 1st
Just my 2 cents:
I received my V6 Auto In Spain last week, therefore it is not a production issue why they shouldn't deliver cars in the UK in the already scheduled production of Autos that started in February and a few of you in here have scheduled production for March and April.
It has to be related to type approval for UK for sure, and if it is so I find strange that it takes an extra 3 months from now to finish the approval, but I don't know how that works in UK.

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Just my 2 cents:
I received my V6 Auto In Spain last week, therefore it is not a production issue why they shouldn't deliver cars in the UK in the already scheduled production of Autos that started in February and a few of you in here have scheduled production for March and April.
It has to be related to type approval for UK for sure, and if it is so I find strange that it takes an extra 3 months from now to finish the approval, but I don't know how that works in UK.
It is a very tight tinfoil hat! lol

Yeah, for sure the type approval is a delay, but I feel the conversations on the phone were such a hard "UK Autos are June" stance that it's hard to ignore that it lined up with the price hike. Also, zero appetite for them to entertain the idea that I could move up the list with cancellations, they were adamant that June will be the earliest. And i will be paying the hike.

Time will tell, not much we can do but guess, but to have people pulled in by a year, whilst others like myself be moved out from March/April to June, something drastic has to have happened.

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Some of us with auto deposits have a recent email saying that our price is protected from the increase.

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Good. You a goodwood deposit? I think goodwoods had price protection. When are you getting the car?
Yes, first day of Goodwood. The last time I asked (about 2 weeks ago) they told me April and that everything was on track. Got the enhance email early Feb.

meenboli

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Just my 2 cents:
And an opportunity for an extra £6k... (he said cynically) 🤔

Anyway - you've had it a few days now - and... ???

meenboli

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Well sure, they have to make up the money from somewhere so that they can ensure that all of us in the US and Canada get our orders at the original price.

💩👹🔥
Now where did I leave my special hornets nest stirrer...

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
looks like i will get more info soon......

As per online chat with CS this afternoon...

"Ok Simon, I can see your Emira is scheduled for production this month, with delivery in April. We will be looking to invite you to the next stage of you order is the next few weeks."

I asked about type approval but she just said V6 Autos are in production now 🤷‍♂️

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
looks like i will get more info soon......

As per online chat with CS this afternoon...

"Ok Simon, I can see your Emira is scheduled for production this month, with delivery in April. We will be looking to invite you to the next stage of you order is the next few weeks."

I asked about type approval but she just said V6 Autos are in production now 🤷‍♂️
Interesting, thanks for posting your update. I know that I keep on about Type Approval , but if they had it in place, they would simply say so, it is not as though it is commercially confidential as it is in the public domain once granted. When they refuse to confirm anything, this is a clear message that it is not yet in place and that is backed up by the fact we can't get insurance quotes. They can build as many autos as they like, but they can't sell any in the UK without approval in place. What I don't understand is how they have approval in Europe but not in the UK. Surely we have not drifted that far away from European regulations since Brexit. I wonder if this is simply a process issue with getting paperwork signed off.

My interpretation of a few always meant 4 or 5, so that puts us well into April before you are invited to checkout, that leaves little time for arranging things such as getting the money transferred or finance in place and organising selling your exisiting vehicle (if appropriate). All of these things always take longer than you expect with odd delays here and there. It is Easter in April, so lots of people will be away and a double bank holiday weekend to factor in. It does make you wonder if April is particulalry realistic, I certainly hope it will be, but as time marches on it is becoming a bigger ask.

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
also completely coincidentally my finance chap chased me re delivery and mentioned the PCP rate has come down to 6.8%.
Still a bit dear for a tight Yorkshire chap.........

Quantox

Reaction score
Be handy that rear wheel drive up in Keswick when it snows... 🤣 (lovely place - had a static there for 15 years).

Soon be June... 👌
Yes, especially as my drive is 90 deg. to a 1:5 cul-de-sac, makes it fun for a low spoiler with all the camber changes.

And there's now 2" of snow on the untreated cul-de-sac.

So much for my test drive on Saturday!
All of the early V6 auto orders (Goodwood 2021 and before), have really seen the opposite!

We all expected our cars last spring (2022) and delivery is now this spring (2023), your delivery was due spring 2024 and is now spring 2023.
Assume that your demo drive will be a manual car? I am not aware of any auto demo cars in the UK anywhere. Hopefully the weather will clear up a bit by Saturday for you.
Yes, demo is(was) to be a manual.
Cheers
Colin

Last edited: