UK Auto Deliveries

OP
J

jpizzle

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Any UK Auto checkouts yet!? April delivery is just around the corner so hoping some checkouts this week surely!?

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Still no Type Approval yet it seems with no insurance quotes available (for UK autos). Hoping this is getting closer. Customer care advised last week that UK auto deliveries are imminent.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It looks like the overall UK process is speeding up, with some people now being contacted 1-2 weeks after checkout to schedule a delivery/collection date less than 4 weeks after checkout.

I hope they sort out the Auto type approval and insurance situation asap, otherwise it's going to be stressful for people completing checkout without being able to finalise insurance.

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
It looks like the overall UK process is speeding up, with some people now being contacted 1-2 weeks after checkout to schedule a delivery/collection date less than 4 weeks after checkout.

I hope they sort out the Auto type approval and insurance situation asap, otherwise it's going to be stressful for people completing checkout without being able to finalise insurance.
I got my insurance quote 14 months ago

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

How can we sign the paperwork for a car that is not allowed to be sold though? Or is it just not finalised until we pick the car up? Do you sign anything on the day?

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
How can we sign the paperwork for a car that is not allowed to be sold though? Or is it just not finalised until we pick the car up? Do you sign anything on the day?
They cant sell the car until Type Approval is granted. I very much doubt that legally they can not ask you to even sign a contract. They certainly cant ask for any money as they do not have an approved product to sell to you. I am sure that most if not all buyers will want confirmed insurance prices before they sign anything or hand any money over. The problem for auto buyers is that the nearer Type Approval is to signing up or paying for the car is that insurance will not be competitive as it takes a while to filter through the insurers. This was evident with the manual car late last year.

I will be looking at quotes again once I finally have the car, probably after a couple of months, to switch if necessary.

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
They cant sell the car until Type Approval is granted. I very much doubt that legally they can not ask you to even sign a contract. They certainly cant ask for any money as they do not have an approved product to sell to you. I am sure that most if not all buyers will want confirmed insurance prices before they sign anything or hand any money over. The problem for auto buyers is that the nearer Type Approval is to signing up or paying for the car is that insurance will not be competitive as it takes a while to filter through the insurers. This was evident with the manual car late last year.

I will be looking at quotes again once I finally have the car, probably after a couple of months, to switch if necessary.
I have never switched insurance mid term. Are they good with refunding the amount paid, or do you pay monthly ?

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have never switched insurance mid term. Are they good with refunding the amount paid, or do you pay monthly ?
I always pay annually. Some insurers charge a cancellation fee, so you have to factor that in. When I sold my Alpine recently, the insurer I was with (ESure) didn't charge any fee, but it does vary. The repayment came the day after I cancelled, although they did say it could take 7-10 days. Will have to see how it all plays out - just need an auto Emira first!

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I always pay annually. Some insurers charge a cancellation fee, so you have to factor that in. When I sold my Alpine recently, the insurer I was with (ESure) didn't charge any fee, but it does vary. The repayment came the day after I cancelled, although they did say it could take 7-10 days. Will have to see how it all plays out - just need an auto Emira first!
I'll read the fine print. This car is already creeping up in price, and finance costs, plus I'm sure tax will be ridiculous, so it will be good not to spend money on cancellation fees. Really hope my July collection happens!

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'll read the fine print. This car is already creeping up in price, and finance costs, plus I'm sure tax will be ridiculous, so it will be good not to spend money on cancellation fees. Really hope my July collection happens!
I am expecting first year tax to be £2,605 plus registration fee of £55. Subsquent years will be base tax of £180 plus luxury car tax of £390 per year for the first 5 years (already factored in the first year), prices are effective 1/4/23. Prices subject to increase from April 2024 in line with future budget announcements.
The first year figure assumes emissions will exceed 255g/km CO2, as emissions will be higher on the auto compared to the manual, this will be confirmed by Type Approval once granted.

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I am expecting first year tax to be £2,605 plus registration fee of £55. Subsquent years will be base tax of £180 plus luxury car tax of £390 per year for the first 5 years (already factored in the first year), prices are effective 1/4/23. Prices subject to increase from April 2024 in line with future budget announcements.
The first year figure assumes emissions will exceed 255g/km CO2, as emissions will be higher on the auto compared to the manual, this will be confirmed by Type Approval once granted.
So I also have to pay another 2.5k to tax it? All new to me, my other new cars include the first year's tax (well they usually discount it as a line item on collection invoice). will that 2.5k be rolled into the initial finance agreement if I want?

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So I also have to pay another 2.5k to tax it? All new to me, my other new cars include the first year's tax (well they usually discount it as a line item on collection invoice). will that 2.5k be rolled into the initial finance agreement if I want?
Yes, £2,660 to tax and register it, plus don't forget delivery charges (on the road costs) of £1,045 to cover delivery, preparation, valeting and your first tank of fuel. This is for home or dealer delivery. Collection from the factory is an extra £195 (I think) as this includes a factory tour and something to eat for 2 people.

No idea if you can finance the on the road/tax costs.

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
It's all rolled in together, you are financing the full on the road cost plus any options decided at checkout e.g. service plan.
Thought it would be, as I have had a lot of new cars and never had to pay more than the amount on the financial docs.

Feels like a life time just waiting to get to the checkout. Still feel like something is going to happen to push me out or up the price again. Want it all signed asap