Top Gear Photos with Chris Harris Track Testing

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
No, it's 6600 from what's showing on screen in the trailer. Surprising, as this is in Track mode so should be 6600+200

View attachment 6617
Check again. At 32 seconds into the clip it looks like 7000 rpm was achieved.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220619-144632_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220619-144632_Chrome.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 79

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Check again. At 32 seconds into the clip it looks like 7000 rpm was achieved.
The earlier VP cars had a 6800 Sport and 7000 Track rpm
Looks like later Pre Production get 6600 and 6800
Wish we knew why and what we were actually getting

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Highlights?
Well he did not go into any specifics, he didnt look at boot space, comfort of seats, red lines, wheel gaps, apple car play or really any detail at all. Instead he just did 10 or 12 mins of driving it and simply loving it. On UK "bad" roads it soaks up the bumps as all Lotus's do, although I beg to differ with the Elise and Exige haha... steering as good as its ever been, nothing better really indicated. On the road, best car for the money... ie better than the cayman, his words! On the track, he had great fun, it was wet of course. It has ENOUGH power, he didnt want or need more....

For the price, stunning pretty much.
A very positive review, probably EVEN MORE SO THAN HARRYs and puts Jethro's into the trash, but again, he did not go into specifics, which is just as well, but you get the impression that even if he did, he would have been positive about any down sides, which is what a good reviewer can do..... but dont get me started again on Evo.
If that doesnt stop all the moaning and worriers, then nothing will!
Still, its not a track animal, its enjoyable, its not a number cruncher....
Now all go and buy in peace, if you dont like it, then sell it, without losing anything, would seem a simple decision even for those on the fence..... but some will still make it difficult for themselves :)

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Good that Chris addresses the post he’d made last year about it being a re-skinned Evora - basically why change the key ingredients of a classic.

Good descriptions of the Lotus steering and handling differences too, and saying it’s the best handling sportscar for UK roads. And a worthy competitor to the Cayman.

DV car looked great, but of course under dark skies and artificial lighting. Handy to have Freddie show it’s easy for a tall person to get in. He did actually order one after they recorded the show.

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Well he did not go into any specifics, he didnt look at boot space, comfort of seats, red lines, wheel gaps, apple car play or really any detail at all. Instead he just did 10 or 12 mins of driving it and simply loving it. On UK "bad" roads it soaks up the bumps as all Lotus's do, although I beg to differ with the Elise and Exige haha... steering as good as its ever been, nothing better really indicated. On the road, best car for the money... ie better than the cayman, his words! On the track, he had great fun, it was wet of course. It has ENOUGH power, he didnt want or need more....

For the price, stunning pretty much.
A very positive review, probably EVEN MORE SO THAN HARRYs and puts Jethro's into the trash, but again, he did not go into specifics, which is just as well, but you get the impression that even if he did, he would have been positive about any down sides, which is what a good reviewer can do..... but dont get me started again on Evo.
If that doesnt stop all the moaning and worriers, then nothing will!
Still, its not a track animal, its enjoyable, its not a number cruncher....
Now all go and buy in peace, if you dont like it, then sell it, without losing anything, would seem a simple decision even for those on the fence..... but some will still make it difficult for themselves :)
I’m not sure if we watched the same video but you’re making quite a few leaps there…

Honeywell

Reaction score
That's a cracking review. One that will also reach a global audience.

I think they slightly overdid the visual effects in post production and I am not sure white was the best colour for TV as you lose some of the finer typing creases.

But Harris has just made Jethro (same circuit in the rain) look like a bit of a plonker.

I reckon that review will do wonders for the waiting list/residual values. And yes, the DV on silver wheels and yellow brakes did look bonkers good. Bit studio TV lighting so... who knows?

EmiraMike

Emira Fan
Reaction score
DV 💯% 💚

Attachments

• E4A9A976-FBA5-43F8-B88B-4BA787C1997C.jpeg
    E4A9A976-FBA5-43F8-B88B-4BA787C1997C.jpeg
    43.5 KB · Views: 128
  • 88F0599A-9497-4915-8249-20B62B0BE3F3.jpeg
    88F0599A-9497-4915-8249-20B62B0BE3F3.jpeg
    260.3 KB · Views: 130