Top Gear Photos with Chris Harris Track Testing

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Was the white car sports with cup2s??

Harris did not make choosing suspension any easier either….. if sports is so good for the road already……

Who to believe? Harry or Harris? Tour or sport!!! Arrrrhhhhh 🤯

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Good that Chris addresses the post he’d made last year about it being a re-skinned Evora - basically why change the key ingredients of a classic.

Good descriptions of the Lotus steering and handling differences too, and saying it’s the best handling sportscar for UK roads. And a worthy competitor to the Cayman.

DV car looked great, but of course under dark skies and artificial lighting. Handy to have Freddie show it’s easy for a tall person to get in. He did actually order one after they recorded the show.
i think we really could not have hoped for more. As buyers, we want to know how the seat quality will be and maybe the red line 200 here or there, mpg, all that stuff, but none of ... mostly none of.... TG viewers are going to be interested in the details we are interested in, and hence this was a fantastic review to increase interest in the car.
I would imagine Lotus's website around the world will get quite a few hits over the next 24 hours and I also imagine they will get quite a few orders and then disappointed people to see they cant get a car for quite a while!
All this is good news for us and our residuals!
We will still want to know more details about quality and the likes, but we wont and will never get that until we are out in the cars using them for a good while.....
I was excited anyway, but now I am that little bit more excited!
the only bad side was I had to watch that mismatch of a threesome, with badly scripted, badly directed and badly acted scenes for 20 odd minutes... other than that, GREAT!!

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Harris did not make choosing suspension any easier either….. if sports is so good for the road already……

I highly doubt it. Cup2's don't work in the cold and the rain.

Honeywell

Reaction score
When it drops onto BBC iPlayer the review starts at minute 31 into the hour long show.

I've just rewatched it three times. There's more praise than I noticed on first pass. Freddie Flintoff at the end said he wanted to buy one! Its an amazing bit of packing that he actually fits in there so easily given he is a giant.

Harris describes the car as "sublime" on a wet bumpy Welsh road.

I live next to Welsh bumpy roads and its currently raining...

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
When it drops onto BBC iPlayer the review starts at minute 31 into the hour long show.

I've just rewatched it three times. There's more praise than I noticed on first pass. Freddie Flintoff at the end said he wanted to buy one! Its an amazing bit of packing that he actually fits in there so easily given he is a giant.

Harris describes the car as "sublime" on a wet bumpy Welsh road.

I live next to Welsh bumpy roads and its currently raining...
Prefect for Scottish wet roads too I hope!?

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

I thought the cup2s are treacherous in the wet? Sure Chris could handle it, but you'd expect to see more driver input and the car very twitchy. Must have been on the GYs?

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Ok next round of deposits here they come 😀
Anyone thinking of dropping out forget it.
As a result Lotus will increase the allocations for North America?

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Wow. Right before Goodwood when there will be even more press coverage. If Lotus thought they were overwhelmed from last year's response.... hope they're ready for this year's.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Cracking review that will enforce to the mainstream public how cracking this car is. Who cares if he didn’t mention seats, gear change, boot space. The emotion came through like Harry’s review. Think I need a lie down now… blood pressure high from anticipation that there was going to be a big BUT..

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Harry, Harris, Rory, Matt all gave very positive reviews - between them just how many followers!! I am so glad it all wraps up on a high! Looking forward to more in depth reviews once the production cars are out

Weyland

Reaction score
Great to see the DV at the end of the show. It's no doubt a dark colour but that green pops under strong light!

Good review, must have been touring suspension surely with the comments about ride quality?!

Lotus website has now crashed 😂

Honeywell

Reaction score
The Harris review was using AU71 EFZ = Goodyears and Tour suspension.

I don't think he could have given that a more glowing review. Harry is getting one, Freddie Flintoff wants one, its just had an 8 minute spot in the only global Car TV franchise there is. The review will be floating around YouTube forever. The public will start seeing them driving past from next month in the flesh. A *lot* of people who don't follow car websites or read magazines will suddenly discover they want an Emira.

Happy days.

Flashback

Reaction score

To be fair, Harris has a GT3 as a (pretty much) daily driver so he'd be well used to a hard ride, if it was on sport suspension.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the iPlayer link! :cool:

Screenshot 2022-06-19 163406.jpg

Last edited: