Top Gear Photos with Chris Harris Track Testing

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I’m not sure if we watched the same video but you’re making quite a few leaps there…
I dont think so, but im not going to argue, I really think some people on here are glass half empty .... Jethro's review all over... Can we not be a bit positive about this company and this car in these times!! I wonder why some people are on here at all, when all they want is to bash lotus and everything they do. Im sure I am guilty too, but come on, this was a fantastic review for the masses, the car is for the masses.... thats life, we need to get over it!

HERE ARE THE FACTS OF WHAT HE SAID.

there were to my ears and mind, NO negatives at all.

I don't think I really enthused too much about anything I said, but in case there is any misunderstanding for our american friends... here is about 90% of the text! your welcome...

This 2 seat mid engined sports car looks a million dollars
you tell me anything near the price that looks anything near as good..... (nod to looking much better than cayman or anything at that price point.)
This car is SUBLIME in these conditions (damp welsh road)
It just glides over the surface, it breathes with the road
Lotus is better at making cars for bumpy british roads than ANY other sports car company

Lotus obsession between what makes a car thats good to drive and a car thats GREAT to drive.
the steering is just razor sharp!
the front of the car follows the direction exactly you wanted it to do

every other sports car maker has electric steering (not true) but lotus has hydraulic and BOY does it make a difference
the steering on this car is (again) SUBLIME!

that manual gearbox, (was not criticised at all, even though mentioned)
for price and pwoer this thing is bang on a porsche cayman rival and that is some stiff competition
would I really chose one of these over the porsche?
Well as a ROAD car the chassis is more comfortable, its probably got it LICKED! (porsche, licked porsche)
AND it looks better to my eyes as well!!!

I can make a very good argument for having one of these
The old lotus formula was great, it is still a classic
You can enjoy more of a car like thins in more places, more often. (in terms of its 400 hp)
I said last year this was one of the cars I was most looking fwd to driving in 2022, DOES it live up to expectations, ?????? ABSOLUTELY!

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
well a
Was the white car sports with cup2s??

Harris did not make choosing suspension any easier either….. if sports is so good for the road already……

Who to believe? Harry or Harris? Tour or sport!!! Arrrrhhhhh 🤯
46/7/8/9 year old.. ie harris, or a 66/7/8/9/ year old....

go with that as an indication ;).
im Harris's age group and gone with sport 100%..... if i can drie 1200 miles in a NOMAD plastic seats, no cushioning at all, I am sure I can stand some "firm" suspension
only reason i didnt take the sport tyres is due to wanting to use it all year

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
well a

46/7/8/9 year old.. ie harris, or a 66/7/8/9/ year old....

go with that as an indication ;).
im Harris's age group and gone with sport 100%..... if i can drie 1200 miles in a NOMAD plastic seats, no cushioning at all, I am sure I can stand some "firm" suspension
only reason i didnt take the sport tyres is due to wanting to use it all year
Apparently TopGears car is Tour on GY. Although my car will be dry summer use only….

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
was it touring?
Apparently TopGears car is Tour on GY. Although my car will be dry summer use only….
it was so lacking in information (thank heavens) it didnt even mention it... both probably good in the wet on a track :)

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It was more of an emotional overview/review than an in depth comparative analysis or full mechanical deep dive. I took it as high praise for Lotus values being present and correct. Hard to describe but I think you will enjoy it all the more for that.
5 months ago in an interview on the top new cars for 2022, Chris Harris named the Emira as 'the one he was most interested in trialing'
That video is on YouTube and comment appears at end.
I think that keyed us all up, and finally paid off.
His anticipation may have helped, and thankfully didn't turn another direction.

Crown

Reaction score
It’s what we all wanted to hear!
I noticed in the odd pre production way where things aren’t quite production ready , a sliver lotus lettering on the back of a black pack car Instead of black. Then base edition badging on the rear quarters just saying Emira and a Union Jack.
oh and the aspen white ( like my Elise 220 I used to own ) I really wanted white , but my Seneca with black pack and black wheels I’m sure will be fantastic.

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
30 minutes left, get your votes in! :D

1655672644712.png

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thus is the power of a genuine influencer; someone whose review of a car can cause a manufacturer's website to crash due to the reaction.

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I dont think so, but im not going to argue, I really think some people on here are glass half empty .... Jethro's review all over... Can we not be a bit positive about this company and this car in these times!! I wonder why some people are on here at all, when all they want is to bash lotus and everything they do. Im sure I am guilty too, but come on, this was a fantastic review for the masses, the car is for the masses.... thats life, we need to get over it!

HERE ARE THE FACTS OF WHAT HE SAID.

there were to my ears and mind, NO negatives at all.

I don't think I really enthused too much about anything I said, but in case there is any misunderstanding for our american friends... here is about 90% of the text! your welcome...

This 2 seat mid engined sports car looks a million dollars
you tell me anything near the price that looks anything near as good..... (nod to looking much better than cayman or anything at that price point.)
This car is SUBLIME in these conditions (damp welsh road)
It just glides over the surface, it breathes with the road
Lotus is better at making cars for bumpy british roads than ANY other sports car company

Lotus obsession between what makes a car thats good to drive and a car thats GREAT to drive.
the steering is just razor sharp!
the front of the car follows the direction exactly you wanted it to do

every other sports car maker has electric steering (not true) but lotus has hydraulic and BOY does it make a difference
the steering on this car is (again) SUBLIME!

that manual gearbox, (was not criticised at all, even though mentioned)
for price and pwoer this thing is bang on a porsche cayman rival and that is some stiff competition
would I really chose one of these over the porsche?
Well as a ROAD car the chassis is more comfortable, its probably got it LICKED! (porsche, licked porsche)
AND it looks better to my eyes as well!!!

I can make a very good argument for having one of these
The old lotus formula was great, it is still a classic
You can enjoy more of a car like thins in more places, more often. (in terms of its 400 hp)
I said last year this was one of the cars I was most looking fwd to driving in 2022, DOES it live up to expectations, ?????? ABSOLUTELY!
Funny, I was on some completely unrelated task just now, and happened upon this quote artwork piece. Ask me why it reminded me of this forum! 😄

1655673933616.png

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
When it drops onto BBC iPlayer the review starts at minute 31 into the hour long show.

I've just rewatched it three times. There's more praise than I noticed on first pass. Freddie Flintoff at the end said he wanted to buy one! Its an amazing bit of packing that he actually fits in there so easily given he is a giant.

Harris describes the car as "sublime" on a wet bumpy Welsh road.

I live next to Welsh bumpy roads and its currently raining...
your just missing an emira then.. haha