• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

The off topic Porsche discussion thread

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Used GT4s on Autotrader are coming down by the day….
Low mileage optioned 981 GT4s are nearing i4 base plus options prices….
Even 718 GT4 are close to V6 FE prices now!

Watching prices going down will only make Lotus’s Dec 2023 build date less and less appealing to me…..

Dilemma dilemma…. Rare Fun Car in early 2023 or unknown entity that is the Emira i4 in early 2024…….

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

Watching prices going down will only make Lotus’s Dec 2023 build date less and less appealing to me…..

Dilemma dilemma…. Rare Fun Car in early 2023 or unknown entity that is the Emira i4 in early 2024…….
First one, and then the other? 🤔

CarGuy07

Emira Fan
Reaction score

All 718 GT4s I see on cargurus.com are $130-150K. Quite a bit more than FE Emira.

912Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
yes, but in spain, even selling my beautiful bride, 911, will not be enough to get the insanely expensive touring.... but where there is a will......
i just dont know if I want to be that Porsche guy..... you know, designer faded jeans, italian sports sneakers.... ray ban or even worse, porsche sun glasses.....
Still, thats better than being the overweight ferrari guy I guess... haha
I hadn’t realised we’d met ….

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

Noticed the first £80k 718 GT4 today.
718 4.0 GTS £66k 981 Spyders £65k and all dropping....

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
They are still used cars...many out of warranty and not necessarily babied. Appreciate its a good reference point but once again, I don't feel its apples to apples.

If the market continues to deteriorate and depreciation does its usual thing, you will have to compare used Emiras vs the models above within a range of years that makes sense.

While I've been diligent and have had luck buying used cars, there are inherent costs and risks that should be taken into consideration.

OP
Jonhklee

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
If prices keeps dropping, I might pull my trigger after the new year!

Then always time to have an Emira a couple of years down the road. Potentially 2.5yrs wait it’s getting tiring.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
They are still used cars...many out of warranty and not necessarily babied. Appreciate its a good reference point but once again, I don't feel its apples to apples.

If the market continues to deteriorate and depreciation does its usual thing, you will have to compare used Emiras vs the models above within a range of years that makes sense.

While I've been diligent and have had luck buying used cars, there are inherent costs and risks that should be taken into consideration.
If you pay a couple of thousand more (could be discount to be had) you get 2 years Porsche Warranty and associated prep.
Hey probably get yourself a 300 pound Silverstone day as well.
Plus need to take into account that they are getting close to the bottom of their depreciation curve 🤷

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
If you pay a couple of thousand more (could be discount to be had) you get 2 years Porsche Warranty and associated prep.
Hey probably get yourself a 300 pound Silverstone day as well.
Plus need to take into account that they are getting close to the bottom of their depreciation curve 🤷
Can you still get that for a 2016 981? I would think not and I would assume that fixing some stuff, changing fluids, pads and tires plus some detailing will set you back easily 5k.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Can you still get that for a 2016 981? I would think not and I would assume that fixing some stuff, changing fluids, pads and tires plus some detailing will set you back easily 5k.
Comfort seats on this one. But yup 2 years warranty. Basically zero bills bar tax for 18 months. Sell with 6 months warranty remaining in Summer 2024 and lose not a lot

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I really like this...
boring colour.... come on.. you can do better
wouldnt do to be grumpy and boring as xxxx at the same time.. haha

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
boring colour.... come on.. you can do better
wouldnt do to be grumpy and boring as xxxx at the same time.. haha
Why I like it. Not many grey Spyders around and totally under the radar. Classy not flashy, you just hear me coming

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Folks, can you ease up on the "which Porsche shall I buy" posts. Plenty of other forums for that. Or start a thread in Off Topic.

Fine for people to talk about having second thoughts on an Emira purchase and explain why, but the conversation is getting monopolised now.
Understood.
To be fair though 85% of Emira deposit holders having second thoughts will probably be considering a 🤬 though 😉🙂