Sound vs drivability

4GIV8M3

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Here's something I find extremely positive about the Emira: I can't think of another car that's new, at any price range that sounds better AND has better manners over bumps than the Lotus. With the recent unveiling of the GT4RS no one has anything negative to say about the mechanical perfection that you hear from the car. Huge problem though, from reviews it seems as if it's not capable of being a daily or possibly a weekend car depending on how the roads are by you. Which got me thinking can anyone think of a sports car (even older) that sounds as good but also is as compliant?

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Gavan said the chassis and NVH was tuned to be compliant with the U.K.'s B roads, which I guess are pretty bad, so the Emira should be pretty good in that regard. We'll know soon enough when the actual reviews come out from the big name reviewers.

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Here's something I find extremely positive about the Emira: I can't think of another car that's new, at any price range that sounds better AND has better manners over bumps than the Lotus. With the recent unveiling of the GT4RS no one has anything negative to say about the mechanical perfection that you hear from the car. Huge problem though, from reviews it seems as if it's not capable of being a daily or possibly a weekend car depending on how the roads are by you. Which got me thinking can anyone think of a sports car (even older) that sounds as good but also is as compliant?
You hit the nail on the head my friend, every article I've read on the GT4RS says it's a very harsh punishing ride, just like the new GT3's.
Very poor ride quality, however great performance on a smooth racetrack, not a big deal for me since I don't track my cars regularly.
In reality, how many people will be taking their cars to the race track on a regular basis.
Most people buy these cars for the road and may be disappointed in the ride quality, like I was with a Ford Focus RS.
From all the reviews I've watched on the Evora they all commented on how great the ride quality was for not having an adjustable suspension, Lotus just gets it right the first time with no need for an adjustable suspension.
Some of the BMW M cars I've driven have quite harsh suspensions as well?

Wolfram

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Which got me thinking can anyone think of a sports car (even older) that sounds as good but also is as compliant?
Any modern (458 onward) Ferrari. The adjustable magnetorheological damping gives a ride that has been described as 'witchcraft' by Evo magazine.

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
If you want an honest opinion on the ride quality of the GT4RS on the street go to minute 7 of this video.
You aren't missing much gents, and I think a lot of buyers are going to be disappointed.
Who wants to be beaten up every time they go out for a drive?

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Mclaren 720S, modern Ferrari's, Audi RS's, plus many others. Makes me laugh people are already commenting on the supposed amazing compliance of the Emira when they haven't even driven it yet 😆

No surprise Porsche RS cars are stiff. They've always been like that, they're just getting increasingly more-so with each generation. They're track cars. Most people just use them on the street because they like knowing that they can track them if they want.

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
M
Mclaren 720S, modern Ferrari's, Audi RS's, plus many others. Makes me laugh people are already commenting on the supposed amazing compliance of the Emira when they haven't even driven it yet 😆

No surprise Porsche RS cars are stiff. They've always been like that, they're just getting increasingly more-so with each generation. They're track cars. Most people just use them on the street because they like knowing that they can track them if they want.
Mate you are on a lotus forum what did you expect 😆. Emira is god and Lotus communication is awful, that’s the whole forum in itself 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣…

Last edited:

SlavaUkraini

Emira Fan
Reaction score
M

Mate you are on a lotus forum what did you expect 😆. Emira is god and Lotus communication is awful, that the whole forum in itself 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣…
Haha, I know we are on a lotus forum, but it takes away so much credibility from other posts when you see stuff like that. I’m a big fan of Savagegeese videos, and actually they have a great evora gt review. With that said, in their GT4 review, they made a comment about how much better the ride quality was in the GT4 than the evora and how you could daily the GT4 but not the evora GT. I say this because they are actually big Lotus fans. Now that is the GT model of the Evora, but let’s not get crazy about Porsches ride quality here guys.