What's the actual cost of PPF Film? Bulk? Pre-cut?

Callabrator

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I did the same on a test car and figured at the end, it was too difficult to do a complex car like the Emira. That said, don't use Crystal Serum Light on top of PPF -- it affects the healing qualities of the PPF.

Use GTechniq's Halo product, which is made for PPF. No topper needed either, and that's straight from the Gtechniq folks since I actually emailed to ask :)
Oh good to know! I’ll follow that for my next car. Thanks!

gdotp

Reaction score
Mine is in the process of a full ppf and ceramic coating now. They needed the car for a full 5 days and from tne updates I’ve seen they have worked on it every day. The first was a good detailing and paint correction and there were a few tiny black spots they could not remove (really tiny). They seemed to spend two days on the ppf with the first being major panels and today bits and fiddly pieces. There have been multiple people working on it. It’s clear the majority of the cost is labour and I’m sure that with practice, lots of errors and a sterile environment I could do it eventually…..however I have neither the time or motivation to do it myself and would rather earn money doing what I am good at to pay the experts to do it. Overall it’s a big investment £5500 but I hope it will be worth it in years to come.

Attachments

• IMG_0963.jpeg
    IMG_0963.jpeg
    90.8 KB · Views: 24

Omega2733

Reaction score
Not to my knowledge. I spoke to the shop today that did this as it's only a few miles from my house in Raleigh.

I know the owner of this shop and his name is Hunter. When I lived in NC he wrapped several vehicles for me.

He's one of the best PPF guys in the business IMO. Also really honest guy who loves what he does.

If you guys want some more feedback I can give it to you about my M3