• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

So Cal PPF installers and customer experiences

The more I read I’m leaning towards full front end + doors and full ceramic coat including wheels and calipers. So no full PPF to avoid some of these challenges and some cost. Curious if anyone else goes this route and their thoughts on price, value, performance. I’ll share mine when I get there.

I just drop mine off at the TECHNIC AUTO SPA in Alhambra. Getting full body/wheels/caliper ppf with stek and ceramic coating inside and out.also getting windows tinted. I asked the owner and he probably will need to make some relief cuts? But I guess it's safe to get it done right then having to come back for reinstallation. It'll be done by this Sat so I'll keep you guys posted.

I just drop mine off at the TECHNIC AUTO SPA in Alhambra. Getting full body/wheels/caliper ppf with stek and ceramic coating inside and out.also getting windows tinted. I asked the owner and he probably will need to make some relief cuts? But I guess it's safe to get it done right then having to come back for reinstallation. It'll be done by this Sat so I'll keep you guys posted.
Nice. You are getting the full service. Car will be so easy to upkeep after that investment. Keep us posted!

Nice! Can you add this info with costs to the spreadsheet? I plan on using STEK again for my film.

Btw, are most people just driving it to the shop to get it done or towing it to avoid getting paint damage?
Finally figure out how to open the spreadsheet. I thought full wheel PPF is included but i guess it only includes face portion of it, he will coat that wheels and break. Uploaded some info but ill also keep you guys posted when its done.

Thanks for updating our tracker @Jincook! I see Technic is PPF'ing the rear diffuser in the whole car price of $6000. Lowest we've seen so far I think. Will be interesting to hear your impressions once it's completed.

Finally figure out how to open the spreadsheet. I thought full wheel PPF is included but i guess it only includes face portion of it, he will coat that wheels and break. Uploaded some info but ill also keep you guys posted when its done.
Thx! btw I'm curious. In your post, it says he's ceramic coating in and out etc. STEK already has a hydrophobic coating so ceramic coating wouldn't be useful. Also is he coating the inside of the car as well? I suspect it will cost less if one takes out the ceramic coating except for the wheels/calipers. I am very interested to see what you think of the final product with this installer. Thx!

Hi Folks, long time lurker and finally got deposit down at the new dealer in San Diego, so now I have all the time to look into PPF! Not my first car to be PPF-ed but first higher end car. I've noticed a lot of posts/vids out there show badge removal rather than cut around it (which I would also request - and don't mind buying new badge with thinner factory tape), but has anyone here dealt with the installer dropping the headlights so it can be wrapped around the edges? Also any issues with installers opening the hood to get a better wrap around? I saw one yt video posted in the main thread in UK that opted this route, haven't read anyone else.

PFS in Santa Ana, CA pulled all the lettering/badges and reinstalled perfectly over the PPF. They did open the front hood to wrap but did not pull the headlights to my knowledge. Looks good to me...
_D9A9270.jpeg

PFS in Santa Ana, CA pulled all the lettering/badges and reinstalled perfectly over the PPF. They did open the front hood to wrap but did not pull the headlights to my knowledge. Looks good to me...View attachment 45178
Can you post more close up photos how they did yours rear side panels close to the vent.

I remember coming across posts where installers couldn't figure out how to remove/drop the scoop vents to wrap around perfectly, but this generally applies to most exotics. I wonder how vinyl wrap installers able to cover these without missing spots or having relief cuts? I presume the different material is thinner and easier to work with.

Either way, I remember going through these roller coaster of emotions and research on my previous more "normal" cars. At the end of the day I stressed out over something little, and a good reputable installer will take care of you. Thanks again all for sharing the insightful info.

I remember coming across posts where installers couldn't figure out how to remove/drop the scoop vents to wrap around perfectly, but this generally applies to most exotics. I wonder how vinyl wrap installers able to cover these without missing spots or having relief cuts? I presume the different material is thinner and easier to work with.

Either way, I remember going through these roller coaster of emotions and research on my previous more "normal" cars. At the end of the day I stressed out over something little, and a good reputable installer will take care of you. Thanks again all for sharing the insightful info.
I think the whole liners underneath you gotta take off to have access to these vents

I hate these relief cuts they did differently on my car but they will redo the whole side panels

I hate these relief cuts they did differently on my car but they will redo the whole side panels
Yeah, I'm torn what method I'd prefer too (cut out with or without patched, or straight across in two pieces). I feel these better installers will honor a request except for no relief cut.

Nice! Can you add this info with costs to the spreadsheet? I plan on using STEK again for my film.

Btw, are most people just driving it to the shop to get it done or towing it to avoid getting paint damage?
I trailored mine from Costa Mesa to San Diego for $400 with only 6 miles on it for full wrap

Yeah, I'm torn what method I'd prefer too (cut out with or without patched, or straight across in two pieces). I feel these better installers will honor a request except for no relief cut.
Mine is one piece but around the vents looks shity and film its coming off already on the corners. Next time we will try to take the vents out and try to do seem less
Job. I mean not me / my installer

Attachments

• IMG_3608.jpeg
    IMG_3608.jpeg
    129 KB · Views: 30
Mine is one piece but around the vents looks shity and film its coming off already on the corners. Next time we will try to take the vents out and try to do seem less
Job. I mean not me / my installer
Oh wow I would send that back for a redo! Seems like it’s not even close to the edge of the vents