Shmee First drive video out peeps

Featured
Oooo the review I’ve been waiting for - 25 mins worth
Describes it as “a LOT a LOT of car for the money and is definitely a market disrupter “ “Feels very definitively Lotus “
Music to my ears :
“it makes you want to just drive it and constantly rev it out and wants to be driven. “ Feels very focused “
Lively exciting sports car
Long live the manual” lol
Also says v’s Cayman GT4 that it does it less clinical and with more excitement and occasion
Yey FAB review !
Exhuast Sounds great in the video
It’s already had 25.5k views within circa 20 mins

Last edited:

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Ok ok ok, I won’t mention the 6.6k Rev limit that’s goes to 6.75k in sport / track mode, again, even if Shmee did hit it while driving behind a builders truck ;)

All I’m saying is that I’m still hoping they up it back to Evora levels for production…

:)
i dont believe they will I am afraid, not until later versions....costing more...
Id love a line at 8500..... but as people have said, it its nicely revving between 2500 to 6500... thats decent... I guess

SJR202

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I'll give Schmee a second chance, been a few years since I watched him as he just irritated me with his cheesy gurn, waffle, repetition and using his own name in everything, but as its an Emira... ok then :)

I was very disapointed with the TG 'review' of the Emira, 55 mins of bloody trucking and 5 mins of Lotus' first new and last ICE car just going sideways around a track. I get TG is an entertainment show not a car show these days but that was a youtube video at best. The new TG crew started strong in their firsts series, but this year is really dull.

Hedge

Emira Fan
Reaction score
i dont believe they will I am afraid, not until later versions....costing more...
Id love a line at 8500..... but as people have said, it its nicely revving between 2500 to 6500... thats decent... I guess
I’d just like it a littttttle bit higher :)
But agree with you that I don’t think it’ll be same as Evora.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If you've sat in an Evora you may have noticed this pedal offset, particularly in a LHD one. The chassis sill is quite thick on the Evora and angles into the footwell, making it narrower at the feet compared to the seat. This means the pedals are offset towards the centre of the car.

In a LHD car, because of the footrest to the left of the clutch pedal, this means the 3 pedals feel offset to the right and as you're mainly using the throttle you're aware (if you think about it) that it's more over to the right than you might expect. You soon get used to it.

In a RHD car it's less obvious, because the footrest is close to the centre of the car and the throttle is in a more natural position.

The Emira has less intrusive sills so it should be less of an issue. I'll try to sit in a more recent LHD and RHD car at Goodwood this week.
And that's why I deleted the third pedal both in the Evora and the Emira: LHD !

Finally I found a technical excuse for going Auto 😂

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
At higher speeds it's less of an issue, so on a dual carriageway or motorway it'll still be there but less obvious. What you won't notice is subconsciously it takes a bit more steering effort, so you may feel more tired after a long journey.
Tested this a couple of weeks ago in the Evora 410 Sport.

400 kms of highway north of Spain in 2 hours 20 mins including 5 mins fuel stop.
I would say it's pretty fast at an average of 177 kms / hour.

Didn't feel tired with the Sport Suspension and Cup 2´s because I made the long trip shorter!

And this highway is not smooth anymore due to lack of maintenance in the last few years.

My conclusion for those of you with Sports Suspension is : Don't panic, just drive faster, it will ease any pain!

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
There are two important things to keep in mind when comparing the reviews of Harris and Shmee. Harris had an older car that wasn't as up to date as Shmee's, and Harris had to drive his in bad weather, whereas Shmee gets nice, dry and sunny.

Considering the amount of rain Harris was driving in, there really wasn't much else he could do out on the track except slide it around. That part was just an entertainment really, for those that like watching that sort of thing. The part I liked was where he was out on Welsh roads in similar weather, talking about how well the Emira handled the road conditions. I'm sure once they get a demo production car they'll update their review with more detail.

I thought it was interesting that Harry and Shmee both had the same reaction/impression of the Sport suspension on the road. They both seemed genuinely surprised at how much more aggressive it felt, and both said the Touring suspension is better for the road, which is exactly what Gavan said. Glad I trusted Gavan's advice and ordered Touring.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Shmee is a smart dude. We’ve given him an ideal audience here too.
Captive, caring, decently knowledgeable, candid, and with a good mix of hobbyists and collectors combined with novices and enthusiasts.

He’s undoubtedly someone who cares so I believe he’s reading this.

I only say “decently” knowledgeable because even the most-trusted of us have been given misinformation. (Not on purpose but it is what it is.)

I don’t know much but he did a good job. Combining his review with the one from Harris was a good bet. I think the summary of all reviews is what I was hoping to hear and see.

Shmee, if you’re reading this, add 1 to your fan count man. Just a novice, hobbyist, wannabe collector from TX.

:)

#ForTheFans

First Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm really liking a lot of what shown in this video.

But....

Really really hoping they've done something about that 1970s leatherette gear shift gator. Love of god that looks bad, I'm not tbf a huge fan of the gear knob itself tbh but get why its like it.

I wasn't nt sure initially about the interior, not offensive but a bit bland but it's really growing on me, especially with a contrasting leather.
I echo this entirely.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm really liking a lot of what shown in this video.

But....

Really really hoping they've done something about that 1970s leatherette gear shift gator. Love of god that looks bad, I'm not tbf a huge fan of the gear knob itself tbh but get why its like it.

I wasn't nt sure initially about the interior, not offensive but a bit bland but it's really growing on me, especially with a contrasting leather.

That shift boot has bothered me since the launch. It looks like ill fitting dry rotted leather from a neglected 80s vehicle. It needs a finishing ring or something by the actual knob too. Hopefully the production spec will be nicer and have contrast stitching to match. The Evora's looked great!

And it's an easy part to replace and upgrade if not! Or just completely remove it for full shifter exposure. 😉

Last edited:

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Weird observation: in the video Shmee says that when he's done with the car it will be shipped to Europe. Does he not realize that he's already in Europe? I wonder which continent he thinks he's on.
Us brits often refer to continental Europe as ‘Europe’. It’s very normal 😁

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
That shift boot has bothered me since the launch. It looks like ill fitting dry rotted leather from a neglected 80a vehicle. It needs a finishing ring or something by the actual knob too. Hopefully the production spec will be nicer and have contrast stitching to match. The Evora's looked great!

And it's an easy part to replace and upgrade if not! Or just completely remove it for full shifter exposure. 😉
Remove if it looks finished, or black alcantara red stitch for the interior match up win! 🏆

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
It's just odd. It's like me, in Georgia, saying that tomorrow I'm going to the United States.

In this context it is very normal to refer to Europe meaning continental Europe. It is wrong but we still do it, even us who hate everything about Brexit.

A better analogy would be an Alaskan or Hawaiian talking about going to America. Not sure if they do say that though.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
In this context it is very normal to refer to Europe meaning continental Europe. It is wrong but we still do it, even us who hate everything about Brexit.

A better analogy would be an Alaskan or Hawaiian talking about going to America. Not sure if they do say that though.
Americans say the exact same thing "going state-side" is a term often used by military to be going back to the continental US usually when deployed from over seas base. Also used in Hawaii and Alaska.

tjlazer

Reaction score
Watching that video one disappointing thing for me was that the engine seems really slow to rev, it didn’t do anything for me. I’m spoilt as I’ve quite a few M cars but this sounded pretty dull aside from the exhaust, I’d trade that for a better intake sound and a more furious rev response. At this rate I think then AMG is genuinely looking more exciting based on how the a45s unit performs. Lots of details though and even if based on the performance in this video I’m pleased I have gone for the i4 version.

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
There are two important things to keep in mind when comparing the reviews of Harris and Shmee. Harris had an older car that wasn't as up to date as Shmee's, and Harris had to drive his in bad weather, whereas Shmee gets nice, dry and sunny.

Considering the amount of rain Harris was driving in, there really wasn't much else he could do out on the track except slide it around. That part was just an entertainment really, for those that like watching that sort of thing. The part I liked was where he was out on Welsh roads in similar weather, talking about how well the Emira handled the road conditions. I'm sure once they get a demo production car they'll update their review with more detail.

I thought it was interesting that Harry and Shmee both had the same reaction/impression of the Sport suspension on the road. They both seemed genuinely surprised at how much more aggressive it felt, and both said the Touring suspension is better for the road, which is exactly what Gavan said. Glad I trusted Gavan's advice and ordered Touring.
Except Shmee said he ordered sport and would order it again.