Shmee First drive video out peeps

Featured
Oooo the review I’ve been waiting for - 25 mins worth
Describes it as “a LOT a LOT of car for the money and is definitely a market disrupter “ “Feels very definitively Lotus “
Music to my ears :
“it makes you want to just drive it and constantly rev it out and wants to be driven. “ Feels very focused “
Lively exciting sports car
Long live the manual” lol
Also says v’s Cayman GT4 that it does it less clinical and with more excitement and occasion
Yey FAB review !
Exhuast Sounds great in the video
It’s already had 25.5k views within circa 20 mins

Last edited:

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
He must have gotten the message because his opening line is almost like a whisper. Softened SCHMEEEEEE!

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Sound system is good, not the best>>>>>>>. strange, but I guess he is right, he has much more experience than me
A long review which you could cut in half and get the same message..
Main thing is again, he likes it, he had no real criticism and liked the manual box. Sports seems again maybe too firm, but Im sticking with mine, never minded a firm ride.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I cant see a on/off auto off button for stopping the engine for emissions... loooooks like it doesnt have it..would be strange too

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
bonnet rubber is mentioned, will be interesting to see how the final car looks like, but it would seem as if its there to stay, if it was a 95% finished car, cant see it disappearing ...
Yellow makes it stand out more than other colours I guess..

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Sound system is good, not the best>>>>>>>. strange, but I guess he is right, he has much more experience than me
A long review which you could cut in half and get the same message..
Main thing is again, he likes it, he had no real criticism and liked the manual box. Sports seems again maybe too firm, but Im sticking with mine, never minded a firm ride.
I was surprised to hear the KEF system was underwhelming a bit too. I'll have to hear it in person. Either way, not a big deal to me.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Is no one going to mention offset square wheel to the right and offset pedals to the left. Is this an Evora thing, genuinely interested not being negative!

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I was surprised to hear the KEF system was underwhelming a bit too. I'll have to hear it in person. Either way, not a big deal to me.
I think it needs to be a consideration depending on how much it is. If its a 2500 pound option it negates all of the FE package pricing if its not worth having

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Is no one going to mention offset square wheel to the right and offset pedals to the left. Is this an Evora thing, genuinely interested not being negative!
I definitely noticed the pedals being offset toward the center of the car when I sat in the US roadshow Emira. I'm sure I'll get used to these things after driving mine a bit. I know we're overnalyzing ever little bit at this point and it will be good to just get in and drive and see how it feel to me personally.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I definitely noticed the pedals being offset toward the center of the car when I sat in the US roadshow Emira. I'm sure I'll get used to these things after driving mine a bit. I know we're overnalyzing ever little bit at this point and it will be good to just get in and drive and see how it feel to me personally.
Defo just wanna drive it now

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I think it needs to be a consideration depending on how much it is. If its a 2500 pound option it negates all of the FE package pricing if its not worth having

Good point. I'm a bit worried about the center screen being difficult to see. Schmee and Rory both said the screen was a bit dark and the colors and size used for the text and graphics was difficult to see. Rory said Lotus assured him that part wasn't production spec yet and will be addressed. However, Schmee mentioned something about the screen being difficult to see by the driver due to how it's positioned (dead center and slightly aimed downward). He said the same about the climate control and volume(?) knobs as well.

Side note.. Have we gotten 100% confirmation that WIRELESS Android Auto and Apple Carplay are supported?

OP
BeHappy

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Good point. I'm a bit worried about the center screen being difficult to see. Schmee and Rory both said the screen was a bit dark and the colors and size used for the text and graphics was difficult to see. Rory said Lotus assured him that part wasn't production spec yet and will be addressed. However, Schmee mentioned something about the screen being difficult to see by the driver due to how it's positioned (dead center and slightly aimed downward). He said the same about the climate control and volume(?) knobs as well.

Side note.. Have we gotten 100% confirmation that WIRELESS Android Auto and Apple Carplay are supported?
Lets hope as he says this is not 100% final version surely you can’t put out a screen with small font and dark colours that is difficult to read - they can’t get such a basic thing wrong surely blumin heck it’s not Billy basic that you need to be easily see and read the screen 📺. !

OP
BeHappy

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Before everyone comments how much they dislike Shmee I think he’s a great car reviewer - gives you loads of facts and thorough detail and it’s like you have driven the car yourself when you’ve watched one of his reviews you know what the car is going to be like, the good and not so good and of course he’s super knowledgeable on all things cars 🚗

Last edited:

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Really glad to see some detail about the steering wheel buttons. The fact they function as touchpads explains why they're all a single mechanical piece rather than individual buttons, but I still would have liked scroll wheels instead for tactile feedback. Also wondering about the contrast on the infotainment screen - that's come up in a few reviews now.

ARA

Reaction score
I must admit that his review was pretty good in terms of cramming details in. It was interesting that he said sports suspension created a more fidgety steering feel that he ultimately was ok to live with, despite earlier suggesting tour would have been a better choice. I'm going to stick with sports too for now based on this latest review. All in all, a very positive review and his comments on the vid seem to remain positive.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

All these test cars were running non final infotainment software allegedly.
Definitely comes with wireless car play which is great 👍

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Lets hope as he says this is not 100% final version surely you can’t put out a screen with small font and dark colours that is difficult to read - they can’t get such a basic thing wrong surely blumin heck it’s not Billy basic that you need to be easily see and read the screen 📺. !
The infotainment did look a little basic. Hoping both it and the stereo have not been finalised yet. What are the chances though? 🤷‍♂️