Shmee First drive video out peeps

Featured
Oooo the review I’ve been waiting for - 25 mins worth
Describes it as “a LOT a LOT of car for the money and is definitely a market disrupter “ “Feels very definitively Lotus “
Music to my ears :
“it makes you want to just drive it and constantly rev it out and wants to be driven. “ Feels very focused “
Lively exciting sports car
Long live the manual” lol
Also says v’s Cayman GT4 that it does it less clinical and with more excitement and occasion
Yey FAB review !
Exhuast Sounds great in the video
It’s already had 25.5k views within circa 20 mins

Last edited:

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
In a mid engine car, not much is "quick" and even less is easy.

#ForTheLift
in any car made after 1995..the same.. haha.
Yeh I dont think many of us, even the super rich, will be modifying to that extent, maybe in 5-10 years when the car feels positively ancient and slow compared to the electric one of the day and maybe its value has sky rocketed.... but maybe not

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Seem to remember Harry remarking on how easy the Emira revs on his passenger lap at Hethel, and the driver mentioning the light flywheel.

SJR202

Emira Fan
Reaction score
So from giving schmee a 2nd chance after finding him too annoying and a hyper active puppy he seems to have matured a bit in the last few years and the Emira review was good and informative. He certainly can speak fluidly for several minutes without interruption and I admire anyone who can do that. To be fair yellow and black pack looks really nice.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
As was pointed out earlier in the thread, Lotus install a lightweight flywheel and AP Racing clutch into the Emira V6 manual. That helps to increase as well as drop revs much faster than the stock (heavier) Toyota flywheel.

However, it will never rev as quickly as an N/A or Turbocharged car. A supercharged engine always has additional supercharger load that offsets some of the lightness of the flywheel.

Tommyboy1986

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I've never seen any of his videos before, but for me this review showed how good the car is going to be driving around UK country roads!. The precise steering, good feedback on the road surface, consistent power delivery through the rev range, what looked like a good gear change etc. Personally I cannot wait to send it around the country roads of Suffolk. I know that the Emira will get me there quicker, smoother, with more comfort and fun than supercars 2, 3, 4x the price!! It will be so much more usable!
Bring it on Lotus!!!
Will see you at first cafe in September in the emira’s ;)

Captain.Kirk

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Oooo the review I’ve been waiting for - 25 mins worth
Describes it as “a LOT a LOT of car for the money and is definitely a market disrupter “ “Feels very definitively Lotus “
Music to my ears :
“it makes you want to just drive it and constantly rev it out and wants to be driven. “ Feels very focused “
Lively exciting sports car
Long live the manual” lol
Also says v’s Cayman GT4 that it does it less clinical and with more excitement and occasion
Yey FAB review !
Exhuast Sounds great in the video
It’s already had 25.5k views within circa 20 mins
Sounds like a great car. Anyone know where I can get one...please. 🙏