Shmee First drive video out peeps

Featured
Oooo the review I’ve been waiting for - 25 mins worth
Describes it as “a LOT a LOT of car for the money and is definitely a market disrupter “ “Feels very definitively Lotus “
Music to my ears :
“it makes you want to just drive it and constantly rev it out and wants to be driven. “ Feels very focused “
Lively exciting sports car
Long live the manual” lol
Also says v’s Cayman GT4 that it does it less clinical and with more excitement and occasion
Yey FAB review !
Exhuast Sounds great in the video
It’s already had 25.5k views within circa 20 mins

Last edited:

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Sorta feels like there might need to be separate day/night color schemes for the infotainment display. On the bright side, this should be just a software patch.

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I personally don't take too much of what he says seriously, ...... with teeth like these, its hard to believe anything he says.....

Screen Shot 2022-06-20 at 7.10.58 PM.png

Mangoose

Reaction score
I personally don't take too much of what he says seriously, ...... with teeth like these, its hard to believe anything he says.....

View attachment 6671
So what you're saying is that he would look more credible with real "Brit teeth"? :ROFLMAO:

I for one find it extremely annoying when he makes up Shmee based words, like Shmuseum or Shmeemobile or whatever.

r1lee

Reaction score
I noticed him complaining about the sport suspension to.

Question I have is, if you don't want the sport suspension and the michelin tires, is there really a point to the first edition? And paying the premium for it?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Is no one going to mention offset square wheel to the right and offset pedals to the left. Is this an Evora thing, genuinely interested not being negative!
The Evora has some pedal offset too, more obvious on the LHD cars due to the chassis sill being on the driver’s left and needing to include a footrest for the left foot as well as three pedals. It’s less apparent on RHD. You get used to it very quickly.

Last edited:

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I noticed him complaining about the sport suspension to.

Question I have is, if you don't want the sport suspension and the michelin tires, is there really a point to the first edition? And paying the premium for it?
Touring and Sports are the same cost on the FE, so you can pick the one that suits your usage.

That may not be the case on the Base Edition and you have to get the Drivers Pack to be able to choose Sports. That’s included with the FE but very likely to be a cost option on Base.

r1lee

Reaction score
Touring and Sports are the same cost on the FE, so you can pick the one that suits your usage.

That may not be the case on the Base Edition and you have to get the Drivers Pack to be able to choose Sports. That’s included with the FE but very likely to be a cost option on Base.

That's what I mean. Most likely the sport and Michelin package will be the more expensive option vs touring and goodyear.

What else are we getting aside from the badge vs base?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
A badge. The first batch of cars, so about 6-9 months earlier than Base. And about £3k discount on the sum of the options. Might be more, as I suspect Base and options pricing may increase due to inflation.

Mangoose

Reaction score
A badge. The first batch of cars, so about 6-9 months earlier than Base. And about £3k discount on the sum of the options. Might be more, as I suspect Base and options pricing may increase due to inflation.
That's interesting. Has the costing on the Base options been released anywhere?

I'm particularly interested because as a future Base model owner interested in the Touring suspension and Goodyear tyres, it seems as though I may still be compelled to purchase the Lotus Drivers Pack in order to get access to track mode and switchable exhaust sound (which I thought was available without the pack by just using Sport mode).

As per Lotus' website:
  • Lotus Drivers Pack
    • Track Mode (ESP), Track Mode HMI / TFT Display, Switchable exhaust sound based on drive mode and a choice of:
    • Track tyre and sports suspension
    • Touring tyre and sports suspension
    • Touring tyre and touring suspension
I'm wondering what the cost will end being for the pack considering that the only thing I really want out of this list is track mode.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I think it needs to be a consideration depending on how much it is. If its a 2500 pound option it negates all of the FE package pricing if its not worth having
Don’t really know where £2500 came from for the KEF option. He’s probably heard some banging systems in his £xxx cars and rightly so as they are £xxx compared to the Emira.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Don’t really know where £2500 came from for the KEF option. He’s probably heard some banging systems in his £xxx cars and rightly so as they are £xxx compared to the Emira.
I was just guessing based on other premium systems like Burmester etc. I honestly thought the KEF was going to be something special. Guess this is why we haven't heard it or anything about it for the past year 🙁

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I'm really liking a lot of what shown in this video.

But....

Really really hoping they've done something about that 1970s leatherette gear shift gator. Love of god that looks bad, I'm not tbf a huge fan of the gear knob itself tbh but get why its like it.

I wasn't nt sure initially about the interior, not offensive but a bit bland but it's really growing on me, especially with a contrasting leather.

Last edited: